The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am working on printouts for daily writing prompts for my kids. I found an author who puts out one most days on Facebook. I just don't want to have to look them up every morning. So I'm going through her past ones and typing some in a simple calender table. I'm going to look up other ideas online. It's taking time; but I think it's going to be fun! I don't grade this kind of writing. The point is just to be creative and put those words on paper. The kids both got fun composition books to write in. I hope this will help them find writing fun. :)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear it Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . Do you like the work you are doing?
I thought I might be dehydrated too since we sweat a lot because there is no air conditioner and the job is physically demanding. Thanks, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 .

No, I do not enjoy warehouse work at all. It is a terrible job. I was talking to a friend and I joked that this is the only place on earth God's love doesn't shine. Not only are the coworkers difficult to deal with sometimes, management is awful to us too and they really do not care about any of us. I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about all my bad experiences here.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I might be dehydrated too since we sweat a lot because there is no air conditioner and the job is physically demanding. Thanks, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 .

No, I do not enjoy warehouse work at all. It is a terrible job. I was talking to a friend and I joked that this is the only place on earth God's love doesn't shine. Not only are the coworkers difficult to deal with sometimes, management is awful to us too and they really do not care about any of us. I could write paragraphs upon paragraphs about all my bad experiences here.
I worked in a textbook warehouse one summer. It was pretty rough. So I totally get how you feel.

At least try to hydrate more for now. It won't help with your coworkers or bosses, but will hopefully help you feel better physically. :grouphug:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who uses natural loofahs-have you had any problems finding them in stores? This is the second time I've had to order them online because it seems like they've just disappeared everywhere else.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At least try to hydrate more for now. It won't help with your coworkers or bosses, but will hopefully help you feel better physically. :grouphug:
Yes to this. Make sure you drink something that replaces electrolytes some too. Gatorade or something similar. DH deals with that a lot at work and we can deffinitely tell when he didn't replace the electrolytes and was only drinking water.

I've taken St Johns Wort in the past during stressful times and it does help. It can interact with other medications; so be careful if you take other things. I had a client that had pretty severe bipolar disorder and at least one other mental illness diagnosis. She swore the only way she got things under control (with doctor supervision) was adding St Johns Wort. I don't like taking supplements unless its necessary; but it really helps sometimes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg I fell down the stairs with the baby! o_O I was looking down for a mess I knew I'd have to clean up and my foot slipped out from under me and I slid down on my bottom the last 4 or 5 steps. J appears to be completely unharmed. Didn't cry at all and just as active, but I have a pretty painful rug burn on my right elbow.

That was terrifying. I'm going to be extra cautious in holding the railing.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg I fell down the stairs with the baby! o_O I was looking down for a mess I knew I'd have to clean up and my foot slipped out from under me and I slid down on my bottom the last 4 or 5 steps. J appears to be completely unharmed. Didn't cry at all and just as active, but I have a pretty painful rug burn on my right elbow.

That was terrifying. I'm going to be extra cautious in holding the railing.
I am sure that was scary! Glad you are both safe.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lari Lari , my Darlin' Girl, as terrifying as that was, she is far, far more resilient now than you are, and far more than she herself will be in 5 years. It actually takes a good bit to harm a baby, other than a direct blow to the top of the head, or fairly extreme violence. Nature made them that way, to keep them alive when they have to be moved about by others, and as they learn to move in the world. Smart move on Nature's part. But, GOD IN HEAVEN, it scares the cat poop out of us when it happens!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lari Lari That must have been so frightening for you! My stomach dropped when I read the first line....

Yes, babies are resilient, God did make them that way. J probably thought it was a new type of 'ride'... You, on the other hand, were terrified....

Sunday, I almost saw that happen with my cousin's grandson, 5 months old. His mom was walking down the outside stairs, with platform heels on her shoe; holding Zack. Her ankle almost turned on her.
Several of us, gasped, but she caught herself, and repositioned the baby.

So glad you were not hurt. ((((Hugs))))):redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.