The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy it says attempted but not known on the box ... i reported it to my group leader ... i belong to soldiers angels organization and we send out letters and packages to ladies overseas

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...I missed my cardiologist's appointment today. Didn't even realize it till I got up a 5 this evening. I had somehow convinced myself the FRIDAY (ok, today) was the 5th. Now I have to call the cardiologist and grovel to remake the appointment, THEN call Logisticare and grovel at THEM to remake the appointment. Luckily, I don't "no show" often at all.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has decided our curtains and blinds don't keep our room dark enough for him to sleep in. So we "need" new curtains. Now. We have nice wood-look blinds on the windows, sheers and then these nice insulating curtains. I sleep just fine unless the sun is coming through the trees when it's breezy making a lof of shadow movement in the room. Since we had the tree thinned out; it's a bit brighter in there but I haven't been bothered by any movement. I love the curtains I have. I spent ages looking for ones I wanted when we moved in.

I have trouble when I feel like I'm being pushed to just pick something. When I was a kid I always got the "leftovers". My cousin's got the colors they liked because they would argue. I wouldn't fuss; so I got stuff in the ugly 80s yellow and green that none of us liked. I got the hand-me-downs because thats what everyone else passed over. Apparently it's a trigger now. If we buy new curtains; I'm going to have to look at them for a decade at least. I don't want just anything and after going to a bunch of stores; I don't really like anything! Nothing matches our room. I really don't want just anything or something chosen purely for function. I told DH he can sleep under a blackout curtain because he was truly getting on my nerves going from store to store. :hmmm:

My kids have some fantastic blackout curtains I found on Amazon. They aren't expensive either. But gosh they don't match my current bedding! If DH is so insistent we need new curtains...maybe I should get new bedding out it... :p:redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::redtongue:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
DH has decided our curtains and blinds don't keep our room dark enough for him to sleep in. So we "need" new curtains. Now. We have nice wood-look blinds on the windows, sheers and then these nice insulating curtains. I sleep just fine unless the sun is coming through the trees when it's breezy making a lof of shadow movement in the room. Since we had the tree thinned out; it's a bit brighter in there but I haven't been bothered by any movement. I love the curtains I have. I spent ages looking for ones I wanted when we moved in.

I have trouble when I feel like I'm being pushed to just pick something. When I was a kid I always got the "leftovers". My cousin's got the colors they liked because they would argue. I wouldn't fuss; so I got stuff in the ugly 80s yellow and green that none of us liked. I got the hand-me-downs because thats what everyone else passed over. Apparently it's a trigger now. If we buy new curtains; I'm going to have to look at them for a decade at least. I don't want just anything and after going to a bunch of stores; I don't really like anything! Nothing matches our room. I really don't want just anything or something chosen purely for function. I told DH he can sleep under a blackout curtain because he was truly getting on my nerves going from store to store. :hmmm:

My kids have some fantastic blackout curtains I found on Amazon. They aren't expensive either. But gosh they don't match my current bedding! If DH is so insistent we need new curtains...maybe I should get new bedding out it... :p:redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::redtongue:
Sympathies - I need to have a plan and be inspired to make a big purchase. Maybe try looking on Pinterest for ideas and then browsing online to see if something grabs you.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sympathies - I need to have a plan and be inspired to make a big purchase. Maybe try looking on Pinterest for ideas and then browsing online to see if something grabs you.
I feel like i've spent hours on Amazon browsing. I think we are going to "start over" with new bedding. The problem could just be that the colors that were out when I got my curtains and bedding +10 years ago aren't what's "in" now. I just can't make that kind of purchase without knowing I'm going to like it. Becuase I KNOW I'm not going to run out and buy new bedding again anytime soon. Kohls has a set on display in the store that has grabbed my eye. It's a muted lavender, white and gray. Gray blackout curtains look much easier to come by.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our walls are builder white. I’d love to paint! But I have way too much stuff in our bedroom to do that easily. We have a hodgepodge of furniture still and no headboard. My kid’s rooms are all nicely done with matching furniture. My room…:rolleyes2: But again; I don’t want to buy furniture just to buy furniture because I’ll probably never buy any again.:lol: So 18 years of marriage and still no matching bedroom furniture.:crazy:

This is what I’ve got my eye on. It’s reversible.
5C2A9ACC-C383-4DD6-8314-6C32996BF8FB.jpeg
AB79441B-D43E-4236-952E-0C67E0799693.jpeg

These are the matching curtains.
7115B4A3-A51D-4349-A35C-4F168997217C.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our walls are builder white. I’d love to paint! But I have way too much stuff in our bedroom to do that easily. We have a hodgepodge of furniture still and no headboard. My kid’s rooms are all nicely done with matching furniture. My room…:rolleyes2: But again; I don’t want to buy furniture just to buy furniture because I’ll probably never buy any again.:lol: So 18 years of marriage and still no matching bedroom furniture.:crazy:

This is what I’ve got my eye on. It’s reversible.View attachment 391192View attachment 391193

These are the matching curtains.
View attachment 391194
The shades are lovely - very soft and soothing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a nice bedspread because one of my husband's friends told him before we moved in together that the secret to a long happy relationship was each person having their own blankets. :lol: So I sleep with ny weighted blanket, he'll use the flat sheet or a thin one from hus parents' house, and we each have a thick fuzzy comforter type thing for the winter. Also, I never make our bed up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to redo our sunroom and living room, carpet and curtains. I love those lavender and grey.
We were going to get rid of the carpet in our living and dining areas last year before covid hit. Its light gray and between cats and small kids; its a mess! I’m sort of sucking that one up for now. We had to get a new septic system last winter and now we are looking at replacing the back door set in the near future. The dining area carpet (where we also have school) may go then. The house was brand new and completed when we bought it. But looking back; I wish we’d insisted on changing that flooring from the get-go. Who wants a carpeted dining area? 😣
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I love that set! Beautiful! I love these colors!
Is it in the Kohl’s website? Pricey?
Geoffrey destroys all the bedspreads. I need to get a new one.
It is the kohls website. It was 50% off in the stores last weekend and then they have their percent off things; so under $100 for a bug set including bedskirt, shams and what not. Some of the blackout curtain sets were that much or more! And I still didn’t like them! The ones my kids have work well, look better and were 1/4-1/3 of the price!

The matching curtains aren’t in store so those would need to be ordered.
We don't have a nice bedspread because one of my husband's friends told him before we moved in together that the secret to a long happy relationship was each person having their own blankets. :lol: So I sleep with ny weighted blanket, he'll use the flat sheet or a thin one from hus parents' house, and we each have a thick fuzzy comforter type thing for the winter. Also, I never make our bed up.
Whatever works! :lol: I do sometimes add a small fuzzy blanket to my side in the winter. Meanwhile DH is still sleeping in his underpants next to me. So your friend has a point!:crazy:

I started making our bed a few years ago because I fold laundry there or stretch out to read for some quiet time in the afternoon. I never filled the shams from our current set; so those aren’t on there. But its better for laundry and all that. When I was younger I never cared much.

Status
Not open for further replies.