The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to figure out if you can get dried lime zest to use in place of fresh in recipes. I have a marinade I make in summer that uses fresh lime zest, juice, cilantro and jalapenos. It's fabulous! But I've had a hard time getting limes in my grocery order recently. And lime juice. So I'm trying to find an alternative because I have at least half a dozen jalapenos on the counter. And more on the plant. :lol:

I also need more jalapeno recipes. :crazy:
What time are we eating?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been one of those days. J didn't sleep for longer than a 2.5 hour stretch. One of the times she woke up, she probably tried to stand because I heard her hit her head on the rails before she screamed. Then I was running late to Stroller Strides, got caught in construction and behind a street sweeper. It was like 90° and I forgot water. And we made it to the pediatrician and she screamed just to be measured. Trying to feed her while we wait for the doctor to see if that helps. Because we have shots today.

I know every day won't be like this, but today is hard and I need to vent.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:really wondering if my memory is going i normally dont watch the olympics but have things really changed that much? i cant ever remember womans boxing in any of the olympics i watched as a kid or canoe racing :lol:think i got left behind the times
There were always a lot of events that didn't get coverage in the past. The TV stations only covered the ones that would get good ratings. Now that it's being streamed, you can watch any one of them you like.

Women's boxing has been in the Olympics since 2012, and canoeing since 1924.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were always a lot of events that didn't get coverage in the past. The TV stations only covered the ones that would get good ratings. Now that it's being streamed, you can watch any one of them you like.

Women's boxing has been in the Olympics since 2012, and canoeing since 1924.
:lol:no hockey to watch causes desperation to find some type of sports to watch:flail:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there Lari Lari . Parenthood has its moments/days/weeks that aren’t that much fun.
I promise you this is true. There were moments/days/weeks that I thought, "They are so cute and precious and darling, and I cannot think why I had them in the first place!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got woken up early today because the battery on the smoke detector in my bedroom decided to die. It’s hard wired so it was still functional but a little piece of me wanted to Phoebe Buffay it. DH had just gone to work and last night he had been looking for a 9volt battery for something else and apparently what we had was old and not functioning right. I was not with it. I went in the hallway and asked DD (who was up using the bathroom) if it was really coming from my room. :lol2:

We ended up hurrying to get showered so we could run to the nearest drug store for a battery. I was NOT going to listen to it chirp all day! 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.