The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good, most people don't have a lot in liquid assets. With that much, she could afford the nicest care center available, honestly I'd like to live in some of them. My aunt was in a memory care place that was like a luxury condo. I wonder if you started telling her that you're glad she isn't going into a care center, try to pressure her into staying home, if that would make her move into AL, haha. Some people are just that contrary.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good, most people don't have a lot in liquid assets. With that much, she could afford the nicest care center available, honestly I'd like to live in some of them. My aunt was in a memory care place that was like a luxury condo. I wonder if you started telling her that you're glad she isn't going into a care center, try to pressure her into staying home, if that would make her move into AL, haha. Some people are just that contrary.
Haha I never thought of that angle. Yea she seems to do the opposite of what I say or suggest. She's been that way since she brought me home from the adoption center in 1956 so that could just work. I would like to hold onto this house as long as I can. I lived here 65 years so it would be hard for me. Of course Mom was here since 1946 so I'm sure it's harder for her since she and Dad had this place built back then.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I never thought of that angle. Yea she seems to do the opposite of what I say or suggest. She's been that way since she brought me home from the adoption center in 1956 so that could just work. I would like to hold onto this house as long as I can. I lived here 65 years so it would be hard for me. Of course Mom was here since 1946 so I'm sure it's harder for her since she and Dad had this place built back then.
You would be surprised at what you can get. She might be eligible for medicaid which will pay the cost of a nursing home.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You would be surprised at what you can get. She might be eligible for medicaid which will pay the cost of a nursing home.
No, you want to stay away from Medicaid. First, she probably has too many assets to qualify and if you accept aide they will take it from your estate when you die, include your house and all of your belongings. Going through that with my mom right now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
When I die I could care less. I have no one to pass this onto. But yea she could cover that. Right now I'm dealing with someone who wants a perfectly healthy cat that is actually mine put down. And I failed to keep my promise to him. He trusted me and this happens. My heart is totally broke He reminded me so much of Shaman and filled the void in my heart that I had from her disappearance. No one in my stupid area cares enough to get involved and help or guide me :(

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
When I die I could care less. I have no one to pass this onto. But yea she could cover that. Right now I'm dealing with someone who wants a perfectly healthy cat that is actually mine put down. And I failed to keep my promise to him. He trusted me and this happens. My heart is totally broke He reminded me so much of Shaman and filled the void in my heart that I had from her disappearance. No one in my stupid area cares enough to get involved and help or guide me :(
I'm in your area, what is the situation and I'll see if I can find assistance.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry assistance for what? Mom has the money to go into AL. So I'm not understanding your question. And I'm not giving up Tourmaline. Unless like my friend that lives near his vet. Not sure what assistance can do to get her to return Tourmaline to me. He's all paid up and just vaxxed so I don't get it.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the drama. Last night Lola decided she was done being angry with me and announced all night long that she desperately needed attention. This of course freaked Willow out and she decided she was never ever leaving the basement unless the other cat quieted down. So now I have an upstairs and a downstairs meal station for her and I am spending some part of the day in the room with Lola. Wouldn’t be so hard to do if I didn’t have so much else going on.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry assistance for what? Mom has the money to go into AL. So I'm not understanding your question. And I'm not giving up Tourmaline. Unless like my friend that lives near his vet. Not sure what assistance can do to get her to return Tourmaline to me. He's all paid up and just vaxxed so I don't get it.
Sorry, I was referring to the cat you said someone wanted euthanized and that nobody in your area wants to guide you... I'll just mind my own business.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
No offense. I had 3 things going on around here that I mentioned and not sure which of those three you were referring to. She did bring him back but now he's disappeared again. However he does know his way around here so I hope he comes back. This entire situation is horrible. I'm a terrible terrible caretaker. I don't deserve these cats. At all :( I'm so heart broke. He trusted me so much and this happens. If he doesn't return in a few hours AC will be here to take away and put down. What a horrible horrible situation OMG AC is on the street now. :(

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol: funs just getting started when kids start getting into everything:lol: gotta admitt though i wasnt laughing everytime i got home from work to find out my nephew wiped out my saved games on the xbox or ps4:rolleyes:one thing i have learned about kids though its when their infants still before they can crawl times are easiest taking care of a them :lol: just feed burp swap diapers and let em sleep
The best for us was the BIG button on the Life Alert system my Grandparent's had under the tv in their living room. :lol: Between that, the stone fireplace hearth and Grandma dropping the occasional pill...watching the kids was a full time job for 2 people. :crazy:

I still have baby gates up at my house because they make a great place to dry laundry. :biggrin:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
No offense. I had 3 things going on around here that I mentioned and not sure which of those three you were referring to. She did bring him back but now he's disappeared again. However he does know his way around here so I hope he comes back. This entire situation is horrible. I'm a terrible terrible caretaker. I don't deserve these cats. At all :( I'm so heart broke. He trusted me so much and this happens. If he doesn't return in a few hours AC will be here to take away and put down. What a horrible horrible situation OMG AC is on the street now. :(
Whose cat is it? Why will AC put the kitty down?
You are not a terrible caretaker you are just very hard on yourself

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So there have been a few interactions between our almost 12 week puppy and the two cats. We keep the puppy - Casey - in a gated area so she has room but not free access. The gauntlet to the door for potty breaks included two cat food bowls, a timed feeder and often cats. Gohan also likes to go look at this canine abomination in his territory and Casey loves barking at him to come play. So far the cats have been awesome! They don’t usually run, I’ve heard one hiss and sometimes there is simple observation. They don’t go into the pen when she is sleeping in her crate but they do get close. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the future!

33DC2CBA-3080-4F47-A9F5-6BF457C4EE7F.jpeg

74C10704-2A6E-4968-A5C3-16A16D07AF86.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another thing to think of, unfortunately. We went through this with my aunt and cousins. Unless she has sufficient income/savings to pay for Assisted Living in full (usually around $5000 a month), they'll take the house to pay for it :/. Even if she signed it over to you right now, if she goes into a care home within 5 years they'll still take the house. So that stinks.

Often in-home care is more affordable and is usually covered by Medicare.
Just curious, can they still take it away if the homeowner sold it to a family member even for a token amount? So sorry your family had to go through such 💩.

Status
Not open for further replies.