The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m trying not to loose my mind over all these negative comments on my Facebook page about my cat being happier living outside than in my house. How would they like it if I told them to leave their cats or dogs outside because they are happier out there!? And it’s not a stranger saying this stuff it’s my own brother and then he tried to turn what he said around by telling me I’m the one who said it! OMG

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m trying not to loose my mind over all these negative comments on my Facebook page about my cat being happier living outside than in my house. How would they like it if I told them to leave their cats or dogs outside because they are happier out there!? And it’s not a stranger saying this stuff it’s my own brother and then he tried to turn what he said around by telling me I’m the one who said it! OMG
People have so many opinions on what is the best way to have a pet. In the end it’s a balance between safety and enrichment. Olive would love to be an indoor/outdoor kitty until she was eaten by a coyote. She also doesn’t remember her flea allergy. Obviously you are best equipped to determine your kitty’s wellbeing and the best environment. They don’t know anything, although it’s hard not to be bothered by the comments.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Had our first doggie training session today! The trainer came to the house and stayed 2 hours even though we were scheduled for 1. She was amazing, definitely we learned a lot in how to better handle the crazy pup.

And Casey is completely tired from the whole thing, she has been a sleepy pup.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Saw my Occupational Therapist for the first time today. What a little dynamo she is! However, she is going to talk to her husband about building a platform for my washer/dryer (one machine does both) so that I don't have to bend to load and unload. And next trip, we will take my bedroom and utility closet doors off to make an easier path for me. They'll get stored in the office. She's bringing carpet tape to secure the edges of the one area rug in my living room, too. That will help a LOT!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw my Occupational Therapist for the first time today. What a little dynamo she is! However, she is going to talk to her husband about building a platform for my washer/dryer (one machine does both) so that I don't have to bend to load and unload. And next trip, we will take my bedroom and utility closet doors off to make an easier path for me. They'll get stored in the office. She's bringing carpet tape to secure the edges of the one area rug in my living room, too. That will help a LOT!
She sounds amazing!! and very clever

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allie is a bit ridiculous. She has decided that she won't take medicine. I got her some homeopathic cold medicine. It seems to help a little bit and it's the only thing safe at her age.
My neighbor has to come over and help me hold her down and give her a couple drops at a time while blowing in her face and rubbing her throat or she spits it out. It doesn't even taste bad! She started doing it with tylenol and ibuprofen ages ago. The only thing she'll take willingly is teething tablets, which just dissolve in her mouth.
It literally takes 2 grown adults to get medicine into a tiny 13 month old baby. I feel kinda pathetic.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Allie is a bit ridiculous. She has decided that she won't take medicine. I got her some homeopathic cold medicine. It seems to help a little bit and it's the only thing safe at her age.
My neighbor has to come over and help me hold her down and give her a couple drops at a time while blowing in her face and rubbing her throat or she spits it out. It doesn't even taste bad! She started doing it with tylenol and ibuprofen ages ago. The only thing she'll take willingly is teething tablets, which just dissolve in her mouth.
It literally takes 2 grown adults to get medicine into a tiny 13 month old baby. I feel kinda pathetic.
I was the only person my niece would take medication for. My sister in law had to call me to go down and give my niece her medicine! I was also the one who taught her to take a pill. No one else could do it. She would try but gag and throw up.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people can't breastfeed and some people just don't want to and that's fine. And some people really struggle to breastfeed, but keep at it, and it's not easy at all for them. I feel very fortunate that it is easy for me. Because I'm definitely too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and make a bottle. Lol
My mom told me I refused breast but would happily take a bottle. Didn't want her boobs in my mouth I guess. 🤣

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Close to two days since I picked up my mom’s cat, Lola. No aggressive behavior from her so far, just hiding (in her safe room ) and barely eating. Unsurprisingly Willow has been spooked out by something strange going on in the house, but doesn’t seem to know it’s another cat and went on a 24 hour hiding and hunger strike. Today though she is back out of hiding and feeling calmer. Lola is 9, Willow is 11, so I am expecting this to take some time.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to vent, so if you are having a bad day or like me barely keeping it together you might want to skip. What is wrong with these people? I do give off a social worker/therapist vibe but still if you know that someone has just experienced a significant loss, would you really think they want to hear about all of your stuff? My day today:
1. Dementia auntie, my mother’s sister called to request I come clean her carpet right away because she cut herself and bled on it.
2. My half brother called to complain that he lost his job because his mom didn’t notify his work that he was in jail.
3. His half sister (on his moms side) texted me that since the brother was no longer living with his mother she was feeling overwhelmed with caring for her mom.
4. My deceased step mother’s sister called to tell me all about her issues with her nephew and to give me lengthy details on her health issues.

I am not answering the phone tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The powers that be have decided breastfeeding has been going too easily for me lately. Not only has a certain someone discovered the joy of digging in her razor sharp claws while feeding, I got a blocked duct yesterday, was confident I'd worked it out, but it's back with even more of a vengeance today. I've upped my sunflower lecithin, tried the haakaa and epsom salt trick, and also did some dangle feeding. No dice. Hopefully I can get it or enough milk will build up behind it to push it out before I end up with mastitis. :ohwell: But I'm pretty miserable for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.