The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful visit with my new family. They're so nice! More tomorrow, but I'm tired. My dad wasn't able to make it after all, but I got to meet everyone else.

But I have a story.

When we first got to the hotel, John was having a hard time with the key card. Couldn't get it to work for anything. Finally got in. Then I teased him about it and he had Aislyn stay inside while he took me out to show me that the first card he tried just wouldn't work. And it worked the first time. Anyway . . .
We have some old gift cards that we used up and gave to the kids to play with. We were just outside and Aedan had one of the cards. We started to go in and he said, "wait, it's locked!" And he starts sliding the card on the door and doing it over and over and saying, "it's still locked!" John said, "I feel attacked!" 🤣😂🤣😅

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lol how funny that your cats name is mocha, that’s what’s on my cats vet records but we call her bubbles 🥰💞
Bubbles is a cute name. Mocha was called Martha at the shelter where I adopted her, but she was so not a Martha!
“I am Mocha, but you can also call me Mochie.”
3C7063B1-0F36-4DC2-B25F-ECEEE56193EC.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it would use more energy if we let our house heat up while gone all day. If we were gone all day that is. We're home a lot. But I deffinitely leave the heat or ac on for my furbabies. When I worked we did use the programmable thermostat to raise and lower the temperature a few degrees; but it was still on.

Back when DH and I were dating we went away in June so I could meet his family. Meanwhile his roommate moved out and turned the AC off when he left. That place had a metal roof and siding. It was over 100 in there when he got back! DH wasn't exactly making much then; but coming home to a +100 degree house was nuts! (Don't worry; they didn't have any pets!) It took a while to cool it down too.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutely leave the ac on for my pets. Not just for them, but so it doesn’t take as long to cool the house down again. The ac will run continuously trying to cool the house off and it puts a strain on the ac unit as well.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't run the AC around here, you end up growing a large amount of fungus, lol. It's just way too humid in the summer to not run it. But I do turn it up to 76 when I'm not home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love a whole house humidifier in the winter. We have a dehumidifier in the crawl space and an attic fan; but I don’t think they really help the inside temperature that much. I will say it’s cheaper to heat and cool this house than our old place even though its a good 600sqft bigger!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A big, big sigh of relief! One crabby cat caught and transferred to her room at my house! I have been watching my mom’s camera all day because I didn’t want her to stay in the trap too long so I was able to get there fifteen minutes after she was caught. I took my mom’s pillow, her cat house and her feeder. Now I am watching her on my camera as she checks out her new room. Willow, as expected is hiding in the basement. We have a very long intro road ahead but I am thankful Lola is safe and taken care of.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Willow backs away from any store bought scratcher, just terrified of them. Her scratcher of choice is the basement stair carpeting which is probably 30 years old and horribly ugly. We both agree that it is a perfect spot for her to work on her claws.
Eventually, you'll have to replace that carpet with something new and horribly ugly for the cat!

I keep my AC on at all times. I set the thermostat to 76 during the day, and lower it to 73 at night, since I do not breathe well if too warm.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids are sick again. Allie has the worst of it, it seems. Took her to the doctor today. She doesn't have rsv. Just another of the thousands of viruses floating around. Anywsy, we didn't see her regular doctor today. Her regular doctor is very supportive of breastfeeding, but the doctor she saw today made me feel like a superhero or something. She couldn't stop singing my praises. It was great. I told John about it and he said, "not to downplay your achievement or anything, but it seems much easier to just pop a tata in the kid's mouth than to get up at the crack of dawn and make a bottle." And I'm like, "I've been saying that for years! Breastfeeding definitely seems like the lazy way out."

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girlfriend breastfed her kids. She always said she was too lazy to get up and make a bottle. Lol. I wasn’t one of the lucky ones who was able to breastfeed. Health problems and then
Medication that could affect the baby. Doctors advised me not to. I really wanted to though.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people can't breastfeed and some people just don't want to and that's fine. And some people really struggle to breastfeed, but keep at it, and it's not easy at all for them. I feel very fortunate that it is easy for me. Because I'm definitely too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and make a bottle. Lol

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My one of my daughters was able to breastfeed, one tried to but just couldn’t, and a third just refused. The youngest is not even ready for kids yet…. at least I hope she’s not! I certainly hope you and your babies feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.