The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today got crazy thanks to the weather so I didn’t get around to investigating that survey. The articles I found were from 2019 and it had a different agency named.

I ended up outside fixing my gardens for several hours. A crazy storm came through and damaged my big tree, all of my corn, snapped a pole on the pole beans, knocked down a potted cherry tomatoe plant… etc. There are flowers and leaves in my yard from the property across the street!

DD jumped right in and helped me get all the corn standing back up. DS helped too. I think everything will be ok. It just took a while to do. DH will call the tree company tomorrow to get their assessment.

A984C941-0F5C-4E6A-865D-0D46307A1942.jpeg
C0458D0C-C8C4-4742-9345-99C948AA7D6D.jpeg

Mooch has gotten too stinky for huffing. Senior cat problems! :crazy:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just needed to share this with my fellow cat people.... I just saved 40% on a big order of freeze dried cat food 🥰🥰🥰 I think this was my biggest saving ever since I switched my boys to "pricier" foods! I needed this pick me up after the past few stressful days
That would be cause for celebration for most of us, I think! May your beloved cats thrive and enjoy!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Raccoon Mom had 7 babies. I set out food for them at night but one of the babies/toddlers (yes I know they're called kits) likes coming alone. The other day, as usual, I was outside oblivious to everything as I was just gazing off into space and enjoying the cool breeze. Next thing I know I look over and see on the the kits eating from the bowl just 6 feet from me. With his back turned to me. And that concerns me honestly that he's that trusting of humans. I'm kind to these raccoons but not everyone will be. Thing is if I put out food for the night time ferals I have to deal with the raccoons. Anyway when I got up and went inside, the kit never moved, didn't bother looking at me. He was busy eating. As soon as I locked the screen door he turned around and whimpered.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raccoon Mom had 7 babies. I set out food for them at night but one of the babies/toddlers (yes I know they're called kits) likes coming alone. The other day, as usual, I was outside oblivious to everything as I was just gazing off into space and enjoying the cool breeze. Next thing I know I look over and see on the the kits eating from the bowl just 6 feet from me. With his back turned to me. And that concerns me honestly that he's that trusting of humans. I'm kind to these raccoons but not everyone will be. Thing is if I put out food for the night time ferals I have to deal with the raccoons. Anyway when I got up and went inside, the kit never moved, didn't bother looking at me. He was busy eating. As soon as I locked the screen door he turned around and whimpered.
Yeah, I share your concern. That's not normal. I hope he's okay.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan spiked a fever last night. 102.8. It goes down with meds. Pediatrician won't see him unless he's had a fever for more than 48 hours. And it's Friday. Ugh. No other symptoms. He's just as wild and energetic as ever. Not cranky or crabby. Says he feels fine.

I've checked with all the family. They're fine with us still coming as long as Aedan isn't feeling bad. So, unless he gets sick with more than just a fever, the trip is still on.

But my dad isn't going to be able to make it after all, which is really disappointing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan spiked a fever last night. 102.8. It goes down with meds. Pediatrician won't see him unless he's had a fever for more than 48 hours. And it's Friday. Ugh. No other symptoms. He's just as wild and energetic as ever. Not cranky or crabby. Says he feels fine.

I've checked with all the family. They're fine with us still coming as long as Aedan isn't feeling bad. So, unless he gets sick with more than just a fever, the trip is still on.

But my dad isn't going to be able to make it after all, which is really disappointing.
*PRAYERS* for Aedan! Keeping him cool, no doubt? Sorry about your dad. Next time, yes?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully next time! He just lives so far away, he'd be diving 20 hours each way to stay for 2 days. But we've been wanting to take a vacation to Florida some summer, anyway.

I'm wondering if Aedan has an ear infection. They don't always cause pain. He says his ears don't hurt. But they all had summer colds a week ago and maybe all the sinus drainage caused an ear infection. I'm just keeping an eye on him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully next time! He just lives so far away, he'd be diving 20 hours each way to stay for 2 days. But we've been wanting to take a vacation to Florida some summer, anyway.

I'm wondering if Aedan has an ear infection. They don't always cause pain. He says his ears don't hurt. But they all had summer colds a week ago and maybe all the sinus drainage caused an ear infection. I'm just keeping an eye on him.
Those can be really nasty. Good guess. Has his fever gone down??? I have bad sinuses and I know they can wreak havoc. *PRAYERS* ongoing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Fireworks going off now. Sounds like Armageddon. I remember as a kid we only set off fireworks on the 4th and that was it Now they do it whenever they feel like it It's illegal in my county but nothing is done or enforced. One of the fireworks almost hit poor Treasure. Feral Cat Colony caretakers worst nightmare is 4th of July

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Fireworks going off now. Sounds like Armageddon. I remember as a kid we only set off fireworks on the 4th and that was it Now they do it whenever they feel like it It's illegal in my county but nothing is done or enforced. One of the fireworks almost hit poor Treasure. Feral Cat Colony caretakers worst nightmare is 4th of July
And as usual nothing is being done although it’s illegal in my municipality. 😡

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the loud boom sounding fireworks have been going for so long this week just now Treasure and Sopdet continued sleeping under the porch while someone set them off. Makes me jump when they go off though.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thankfully, no fireworks here...yet.

It looks as if Jcatbird Jcatbird will feel the effects of Elsa around 7AM on Wednesday, and we should feel it around 7AM on Thursday. It HAS weakened, so this will not be as bad as it could be, unless it stalls and gains a LOT of strength. I'm seeing possible winds of 40-60MPH, which is quite survivable, and heavy rain, so some flooding. It would take a LOT to flood me out right now. The ground is fairly dry, although not dangerously so.

Status
Not open for further replies.