The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a very dry May but June has been better. Gardening has kept me very appreciative of these rainy days! We just got a good downpour. My rain gauge said it was just over an inch but that seems high for such a short one. I’ll take it! For me, the farmers, and all the animals that need a water source! We have a lot of streams here but I usually put out a low water dish in real hot weather. The birds and squirrels like the birdbath.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If only we could share right? I really need some rain barrels. Plants definitely grow better with rain!

DH is installing a tv antenna inside our attic today. He’s hoping we can watch the olympics. I’m skeptical about how happy I’ll be with what comes in on these channels. I haven’t missed cable. So far the tv says we can get 12 channels. lol

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If only we could share right? I really need some rain barrels. Plants definitely grow better with rain!

DH is installing a tv antenna inside our attic today. He’s hoping we can watch the olympics. I’m skeptical about how happy I’ll be with what comes in on these channels. I haven’t missed cable. So far the tv says we can get 12 channels. lol
I just discovered a few years ago that I had an antenna in my attic. I use it in a couple rooms where I don’t have cable. Reception is great and no worries about rain or snow affecting it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just discovered a few years ago that I had an antenna in my attic. I use it in a couple rooms where I don’t have cable. Reception is great and no worries about rain or snow affecting it.
So far only 3 of 9 channels are showing up and the reception on one is in and out. :cringe: It’s supposed to reach 80 miles away. Some internet thing said we should get up to 22 channels.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So far only 3 of 9 channels are showing up and the reception on one is in and out. :cringe: It’s supposed to reach 80 miles away. Some internet thing said we should get up to 22 channels.
Have you tried a desk top antenna? They have ones now that can enhance signals. You have to fiddle with them to get them pointing in the right directions but they do work well.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet that’s what my inlaws have. It looked something like the old rabit ears.
Right, but much improved from the old ones to improve signals. Look for an Amplified Digital Antenna. Is you DH still working on the attic antenna? Sometimes turning or moving them can improve reception. And you usually need to go through the channel discovery process with your TV

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right, but much improved from the old ones to improve signals. Look for an Amplified Digital Antenna. Is you DH still working on the attic antenna? Sometimes turning or moving them can improve reception. And you usually need to go through the channel discovery process with your TV
Its up and pointed the direction the website said the stations were. The tv did a search and found 9 but only 3 seemed to play. I haven’t tried myself. I’m sure he doesn’t want to keep going up and down but we’ll have to see how it does tomorrow.

There’s an old freestanding tv antenna in the neighbors yard not all that far from our house. It’s too bad we can’t mount it up there on that huge thing! :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Its up and pointed the direction the website said the stations were. The tv did a search and found 9 but only 3 seemed to play. I haven’t tried myself. I’m sure he doesn’t want to keep going up and down but we’ll have to see how it does tomorrow.

There’s an old freestanding tv antenna in the neighbors yard not all that far from our house. It’s too bad we can’t mount it up there on that huge thing! :lol:
And you are sure your TV is set to antenna and not cable?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And you are sure your TV is set to antenna and not cable?
Yep we haven’t had cable in years. DH adjusted the antenna and we are getting more now. I’m not sure how many. It gets so hot up there he didn’t want to be up there more than necessary. We should have done this in the spring!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am starting to prepare for my new arrival - my mom’s ten years old cat. By even a long time cat owner‘s definition she is not a nice cat. She unfortunately attacks and seriously bites when she gets scared or fearful and is very unpredictable. No way can she be picked up. I will leave her at moms house for a couple weeks with visits of course while I get her used to eating treats I set out in a large carrier. I am hoping she will eventually be relaxed enough with it that I will be able to shut the door on her while she is inside eating. If that doesn’t work, I will have to use a trap.

She cant be re-homed elsewhere due to her potential to injure so I am her only chance. She will live in my spare bedroom until she adjusts and we go through introductions. But I am more than a little apprehensive about taking her.
How do you think Willow react? She may like having a sister

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the screen protectors for both iphone and ipad. I didn't use the trays because I'm kind of dense and couldn't get the trays on without covering some of the buttons, but the glass thingy went on fine.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you think Willow react? She may like having a sister
I can’t even guess at this point. She has no negative reaction whatsoever to cats on the porch, even when they are very close to the glass, but a cat living in “her” room is another thing altogether and and any change in routine sends her spinning. Yesterday she was having a running, crying hiding panic attack over something in the living room that was scaring her. I just couldn’t figure it out until afternoon but then I saw that when I had moved the nearby fan after dusting the night before, the electrical cord that is usually hidden behind her window bench was now draped across one corner of the bench top. A cord on her bench, OMG, to her the end is coming. Anyway, I am not expecting that she or I will remain calm but trying to take it a step at a time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The HVAC system died last night. It was 80 degrees in my apartment. Thankfully, I was able to call the maintenance man first thing this morning, and he got a service call in immediately. Took them until 4 PM to get here, but Hek and I are now basking in the coolth.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the previous homeowners installed 8 smoke detectors in our house - it’s a one-story open floor plan. Last night they all reached the end of their service life and started chirping. Stirred up the dog, cats and humans. Then Olive gave a weird series of meows and when I went to check on her I found her batting a live mouse around. It ended up running into the ripple rug which we simply threw out the door.

Today was a very sleepy day, lol.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My new cat is quite loving and affectionate which I'm not used to since my older boy is pretty independent, but man how do any of y'all get any work done with a cute cat hanging around and wanting to be cuddled! o_O My older cat likes being in the same room but in his own space. I put chairs around my work area but Nugget rather just lie on the floor and stare at me looking pitiful, which keeps making me feel bad and take breaks :lol: Suffering from success I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.