The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is she today, Alicia?
She seems a bit better. The pharmacist said the steroids would probably keep her up and said they're usually given in the morning, but I didn't get them until around 6pm. Since the whole point of them is to avoid full blown croup, I didn't want to wait until today to start them. So the pharmacist said to give it to her today at noon and tomorrow in the morning. She ended up being up until 3am.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been busy getting ready for 2 fosters even though I'd decided not to take any more. I already have 3 who have stayed as nobody wanted them. But these were an emergency. The owner is in hospital leaving 14 black cats (not all neutered!) in a small apartment to be looked after by her aging and sick parents. They are hardly able to drive to the apartment let alone clean up after 14 cats. At the last minute, her relations stepped in and the cats have neen distributed among them, so I've been let off the hook. I'm relieved but the other people working for the shelter are livid!
I should be getting another cat on Tuesday - so the clearing up may not have been in vain. This time it's a private arrangement - a beautiful cat - belonging to an older lady now unable to look after her. If things work out, I will keep her. :happycat:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parenting Pro Tip - Never let your child watch Blippi. It was cute way back when. Now, it makes me want to jump off a bridge. I guess that happens when you've seen the same thing 985,370,124 times.

Also, do everything in your power to be sure your child never discovers YouTube and Ryan's Toy Review. Sell your soul if you must! Just don't let it happen!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parenting Pro Tip - Never let your child watch Blippi. It was cute way back when. Now, it makes me want to jump off a bridge. I guess that happens when you've seen the same thing 985,370,124 times.

Also, do everything in your power to be sure your child never discovers YouTube and Ryan's Toy Review. Sell your soul if you must! Just don't let it happen!
Noted!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We avoided those two. I was always leery of YouTube for kids and we didn’t have cable so i think we missed a lot! We didn’t miss Cailou though.:cringe: That was the first show I connected to poor behavior. Arthur was another! Thankfully they were good with dvds and then netflix. They will still pull out Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or My Little Ponies on occasion.

Oh they were watching Angelina Ballerina the other day. I just kept walkin! :lol: I’d rather they revisit little kid shows than some of these dumb sitcoms for kids. Henry Danger had me surper annoyed with the bratty little sister. “If you acted like that…”:lol::paperbag:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn introduced Aedan to Blippi, Ryan, and a bunch of really other super annoying YouTube channels. Ugh.

I've been trying to get Aedan into Bluey. It's so stinking cute and I love it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS got into Blues Clues before they brought it back and had me on Ebay searching for a stuffed Blue as a potty training reward. :lol: Fortunately a school friend had some Blue's Clues DVDs she gave me from when her boys were little. The best was when we walked into the vet and his little voice started saying "A CLUE! A CLUE!!" because they have paw prints on the ceiling tiles. :flail::redheartpump:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing about Blue's Clues is that they played the same episode all week, because kids like repetition. I babysat for 2 kids whose mother was gone in the mornings, just about the time Blue's Clues came on. I like the show! But watching the same episode every day for a week drove me insane. Although it's still definitely better than Barney or Teletubbies or other toddler shows.
I’d rather they revisit little kid shows than some of these dumb sitcoms for kids.
I absolutely cannot stand the live-actions kids' shows on the Disney Channel. The hammy acting and stupid storylines are so annoying. I would have been embarrassed to watch those past age 6, I think. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.