The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mömbella mushroom
Oh that's cute! I don't think those were out when my kids were at that stage. I think we still have our Sophie and the Razzbaby teethers. And some ring bead looking then DS loved. They stayed in my sentimental box. I was just going through some clothing and looking at the ones I kept for sentimental reasons. I told DS I want them made into a quilt someday. Sometimes it's hard to limit mysel on what I keep though. I try to limit it to 1-3 things per season.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that puppy is so cute! We are getting an 8 week old English Golden Retriever next Saturday. The cats have no clue what they are on for but I suppose they will figure it out rather quickly. Olive used to be an outside kitty and the woman that “took care of her” had a big dog so she at least has a bit of experience.

Gohan was adopted as a 5 week feral kitten and “met” his first dog last weekend when our friends came over. They saw each other across a hallway and the dog was on a leash and pretty quiet. He didn’t run away, but he froze for a solid minute mid-step and then went into breadcat mode to observe.

We’ve added a baby gate to their safe room so they can escape, and we will do one round of scent swapping (no space to do much more than that) and see what happens. Puppy will be pretty contained on a leash or crated at night at first so hopefully it won’t be too traumatic for anyone.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's cute! I don't think those were out when my kids were at that stage. I think we still have our Sophie and the Razzbaby teethers. And some ring bead looking then DS loved. They stayed in my sentimental box. I was just going through some clothing and looking at the ones I kept for sentimental reasons. I told DS I want them made into a quilt someday. Sometimes it's hard to limit mysel on what I keep though. I try to limit it to 1-3 things per season.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's fairly new because my friend didn't have one for her 6 year old, but got it last summer for her April 2020 baby and told me it had really good reviews, so I nabbed one and basically tell everyone they need one.

(Psst, KarenKat KarenKat , get a mömbella mushroom. I haven't met a baby that hasn't liked it yet).

Also, this happened today.
0617211358~2.jpg

Send help.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ll have to look into that! My mom came to visit and gave me a bunch of baby things - including a Sophie Giraffe (as well as this crazy hand-knit chicken outfit since we started raising chickens. So cute!). I’ll have to get the mushroom too!

6F4AC9AF-B2E6-4961-9C02-8E6B4D10126F.jpeg

BE08C6C0-2D8F-43B6-9D2C-2AAFAFF3DBD7.jpeg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I looove the chicken outfit!

And baby J why are you on your knees already?! 😭💗

Something keeps turning on the motion lights in my backyard multiple times every night for the last week! DH thinks maybe the sensors are at fault; but on both?! I keep looking but so far I’ve only spotted one type of animal scurrying away and I still don’t know what it was.

The critter was brown and tail-less. I only saw it from behind as it scurried into the grass. My first thought was huge rat. Then guineapig size maybe? Maybe a little larger. We do have a lot of mole runs; but it was too big for that. It didn’t move like a bunny. Definitely had a round rump. A friend suggested a ground hog but those are supposed to be early morning and evening feeders; not all night feeders. I can’t think of what else it could be but I’m ready to set up a camera!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've bought Ali so many teething toys. She prefers chewing on this piece of foam - you know those alphabet floor tiles? That's her teething toy of choice. So I have to watch her closely to make sure she doesn't bite a piece off. And if it's not that, she wants to chew on me. 🙄
J discovered paper. I left my crossword puzzle on the floor yesterday when I went to the bathroom and came back with J crumpling it and mouthing it. With a small piece unaccounted for, so I'm thinking her first solid food may have been a tiny bit of newspaper. 🤦‍♀️

But yeah, we have a good number of teethers and the mushroom is her favorite.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
J discovered paper. I left my crossword puzzle on the floor yesterday when I went to the bathroom and came back with J crumpling it and mouthing it. With a small piece unaccounted for, so I'm thinking her first solid food may have been a tiny bit of newspaper. 🤦‍♀️

But yeah, we have a good number of teethers and the mushroom is her favorite.
I looked away just for a second while changing my son’s dirty diaper, and guess what he grabbed and tasted! 🤭

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still not sure if DD tasted a stray "tootsie roll" or not. I refuse to think deeply about it.

She deffinitely did try several "flavors" of crayons. The "blue green" left a blue-green splotch on her tush. :lol:

DS tried a mouth full of sand. His next diaper was gritty! :cringe:

Some of the best stories come when they start drawing on themselves though. I just showed DD a picture of herself where she'd drawn on jewelry and tattoos with her crayola markers. Fresh out of the shower and on our way to the store. She drew on her forehead, arms, neck...evrerything. So that's how she went. :lol: But at least Crayola is washable. I have a friend whose kids got ahold of sharpies the day before school pictures and drew on mustaches. :flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still not sure if DD tasted a stray "tootsie roll" or not. I refuse to think deeply about it.

She deffinitely did try several "flavors" of crayons. The "blue green" left a blue-green splotch on her tush. :lol:

DS tried a mouth full of sand. His next diaper was gritty! :cringe:

Some of the best stories come when they start drawing on themselves though. I just showed DD a picture of herself where she'd drawn on jewelry and tattoos with her crayola markers. Fresh out of the shower and on our way to the store. She drew on her forehead, arms, neck...evrerything. So that's how she went. :lol: But at least Crayola is washable. I have a friend whose kids got ahold of sharpies the day before school pictures and drew on mustaches. :flail:
Cory also painted his wall and window screen once. But it wasn’t with crayons.

Status
Not open for further replies.