The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you get your yearly blood test, do they check for STDs? I had a blood transfusion when I had my operation, so just wondering if they check for that. It's always in the back of my mind. If not, would Medicaid cover an STD test? Are they expensive?

My doctor didn't really say what she checked for, she just said "Everything's perfect, except glucose is a little low. Eat more protein." She didn't say if they checked for diseases.
Did they do it through a lab like Quest? If they did you can see your results and what they tested for there if you make an account. I think blood tests are mostly just platelets and iron. During pregnancy they also screened for a few STDs, but that's standard in pregnancy. I think I've had to ask separately for full STD panels in the past.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I do not think you have to worry about STD being transmitted through a blood transfusion.
The blood is screened for a ton of things, and the donors are questioned about many things. Also, I do not think you can pick up an STD through a transfusion.

What, May I ask, got you to question this??? Are you having any issues?

If so, please see your doctor. And do not be afraid of them. They are there to help you.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mother of the little girl I bought that book for has put up an Amazon wishlist for her (and one for herself as well :rolleyes: ). Until a few days ago, it was a mix of toys, books, and craft kits. Her mother has since removed the books and craft kits, and added more plastic junk.

This child is doomed :sigh:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is some ridiculous bird singing his head off in one of my trees, lol. I looked it up and apparently it's a Northern Mockingbird. And it says only the unattached males sing at night, probably because they don't have a wife to tell them to knock it off :tongue: . But it's just really weird to hear daytime bird sounds at night.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allie (John prefers that spelling) had her 1 year checkup today. 16lbs 1oz and 29in long. She's in the 4th percentile for weight. Tiny, but mighty! And perfectly healthy. She got 3 shots, including her MMR. I'm glad i don't have to worry so much about measles. Anrivaxxers seem determined to start a new epidemic and now she has some protection. She's been fussy tonight, but now she's sound asleep. Poor little miss. Shots are no fun, but they're better than the alternative.

Attachments

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allie (John prefers that spelling) had her 1 year checkup today. 16lbs 1oz and 29in long. She's in the 4th percentile for weight. Tiny, but mighty! And perfectly healthy. She got 3 shots, including her MMR. I'm glad i don't have to worry so much about measles. Anrivaxxers seem determined to start a new epidemic and now she has some protection. She's been fussy tonight, but now she's sound asleep. Poor little miss. Shots are no fun, but they're better than the alternative.
Wow, she is super tiny! J was 13lbs 5oz and 26 in at her 5 month appointment, and she's not that far behind Allie (cute spelling!). What size clothes is she in? 6-9? 9-12?

Status
Not open for further replies.