The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Our taxpayer dollars at work, I see.
I had the same initial thought, but so many people are getting backyard chickens who have no idea what they’re doing. There’s been real uptick in salmonella cases.

And then there’s this:

"We have to say it," the FDA said in a tweet Wednesday. "Don't eat #cicadas if you're allergic to seafood as these insects share a family relation to shrimp and lobsters."​

Yum. Cicadas. :barfgreen: I lived in Ohio during a 17-year emergence many years ago. It coincided with the Memorial tournament at Muirfield, and you could barely hear the announcers on TV because of the racket those lovesick boys were making! :lol:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
So we just got backyard chickens this year. Apparently they come out and warn about salmonella cases every year from backyard chickens. There were like 400 cases across the US from backyard chickens and thousands of cases from contaminated food, so it’s not a huge percentage.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating bugs is the latest hipster thing. And, well, much of the country is going to have plenty of cicadas. . . :tongue:

My brother had an allergic reaction to roasted silkworms (his girlfriend is Laotian and knows where to buy this stuff), although he's never had a reaction to shellfish. But he's about the age my dad was when he developed an allergy to shrimp so who knows.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eating bugs is the latest hipster thing. And, well, much of the country is going to have plenty of cicadas. . . :tongue:
I used to work with a man that ate cicadas. This was back in the early 80's. I don't remember what country he was from. He would go for walks every day at lunch and collect them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your son is me, quite possibly.
I have no clue where he gets it from. 😅 But I just threw away probably half a dozen boxes that contained Christmas presents. As in; the packaging they came in. He just had to keep them. :dunno: We still have a bit to do tomorrow but I vacuumed his room and sent him to bed around 11:30.:cringe: He was on a roll helping so I took advantage. 😅
Okay, but the smash cake in the plastic pool is such a practical idea!
I was going to say genius!! I’m going to share that idea if any friends have summer babies!

It looks like she had a great party!!:hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.