The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has issues with dairy - we think it’s more than just lactose since the enzyme pills don’t seem to help. We really like the So Delicious brand. It’s pretty decadent and they have almond milk or cashew milk ice cream.
I've heard good things about them. Also Oatly and Planet Oat. I've been waiting for sales, but I'll probably eventually try them.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! What breed of puppy are they getting?

We are planning on getting our first puppy soon as well - the litter should be born this month, and then 8 weeks after that our cats will hate us!

We figure it will be good practice for the baby in October :dizzy: And no, we don’t do anything the easy way lol.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In babies it's a cow's milk protein intolerance, so lactose free products themselves don't work (and breastmilk is full of lactose), and most of the time they do outgrow it, thankfully! But yeah, no dairy products for me now, and her pediatrician also told me to cut soy, but I'm not sure if we jumped the gun on that or not, so I may try testing it out again soon.
yikes i didnt know having a kid was so complicated :lol:hope your able to indulge in the chocolate soon before it gets that dried stale look

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! What breed of puppy are they getting?

We are planning on getting our first puppy soon as well - the litter should be born this month, and then 8 weeks after that our cats will hate us!

We figure it will be good practice for the baby in October :dizzy: And no, we don’t do anything the easy way lol.
Haha, my friend told me to try putting clothes on my cats to practice wrangling a baby. I did not take her up on this.

yikes i didnt know having a kid was so complicated :lol:hope your able to indulge in the chocolate soon before it gets that dried stale look
Not every baby has this! I just got unlucky (but my mom had to give up dairy while breastfeeding me, so I kind of suspected it was coming).

But she's such an awesome baby in every other way, I don't mind too much, and better than paying out the nose for hypoallergenic formula.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS needed sensitive formuma but thankfully that was all. The only thing that bothers him now are apples. I’ve had a couple friends go through the “no-dairy year”. I think it’s one of those things that’s longer while you are going though it than once its over! 😜 I had to give up caffeine during my last pregnancy. DH went and got me the Almond Joy creamer as soon as we got home with him. 😂

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily, nothing I eat or drink has any effect on my babies. Not even caffeine, which is wonderful as I need my caffeine to keep up with a wild toddler.

I'm crying right now. You've all read the whole saga about my mother lying about who my father was, him not knowing about me, me finding him with an ancestry DNA test, blah blah blah.

Well, when I first found him and his family, I told you all how warm and welcoming and accepting they were. My aunts were all going to come to Ali's baby shower, but 🤬 Covid made me cancel it. So I haven't been able to meet them, yet.

My grandma said my Aunt Heidi does an annual July 4th BBQ and that Aunt Jennifer and Aunt Tami were coming and that she would be there, too, and invited us.

John works every Sunday and has every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off and that Sunday is his off day. So we decided to go and get a hotel for the 4th and 5th to meet everyone. I asked Aunt Heidi for recommendations and she told me to ask Aunt Jennifer, because she stays in them when she visits.

So, I did. And she said they weren't happy Wyeth the last place they used and they were trying a different one and said she was paying for our stay.

I just feel so loved and wanted by this whole family who hasn't even met me, yet! I still haven't gotten to meet my father and my sisters, yet, since they live in Florida but maybe next summer covid will be contained and we can go out there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slowly went to decaf while ttc because I'd read too much caffeine could affect fertility and I didn't want to take any chances, and stayed decaf my whole pregnancy, but went full on back once J was born. Maybe that's why she only takes 20 minute naps on the floor. :lol: She's good at entertaining herself on the playmat and sleeps awesome at night, so I really don't mind, though. I'd much rather keep my coffee!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eee! He's adorable! Haha, I randomly overheard some people a few tables over at Panera talking about their job, which sounded like a dog grooming/daycare place. One thing they said was "sheepadoodles are always the BEST dogs! But their fur is the WORST!" lol. But then I imagine a pure OES's fur isn't exactly a cakewalk for groomers either.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I feel like you're being very unadult right now.

One of the few benefits of being an adult is that you can eat your dessert whenever you want.

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Why not? Who's gonna tell you no? Cherry pie before before dinner? Go for it! Live your life!

I might be a bad influence.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

One of the few benefits on being an adult is that you can eat your dessert whenever you want.

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Why not? Who's gonna tell you no? Cherry before before dinner? Go for it! Live your life!

Yes, it dawned on me after my post that I am not an adult - I am a senior citizen and we are allowed dessert before dinner. The pie is perfect. 😀

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The should-I-or-shouldn’t-I-eat-the-pie comments reminded me of a conversation I had with my mom many (many) years ago. I was in my 20s. She asked what I had for breakfast, and I said I’d had a piece of apple pie. She started to scold me, and I said, “You eat apple danish for breakfast, right?” “Well, yes, but…” and she paused and changed the subject. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg omg omg I just found out that my dad and sisters and nieces might be coming, too!!!

I may stroke out from excitement and anxiety.
That is a really exciting thing, Alicia. Through DNA a testing we found out a few years ago that the man that raised my father was not his biological. Even though my father and his bio father had long passed, it was still thrilling to find so many other relatives and learn about their history. But to get to meet your father and sisters, wow!

PippasMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is an old thread but I love the name Tourmaline for your kitty! It is one of my favourite crystals. I hope you managed the salt fiasco alright and both your mum and your kitties got through the snow and ice - and salting of the drive - without problems.

Had a black feral I fed for a while until she decided to move on and named her Bastet. If I ever have another black feral pusscat to look after, she shall be named Tourmaline!

PippasMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

One of the few benefits of being an adult is that you can eat your dessert whenever you want.

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Why not? Who's gonna tell you no? Cherry pie before before dinner? Go for it! Live your life!

Chocolate cake for breakfast? Why not? Who's gonna tell you no?

Certainly not me, ha ha! I eat cake for breakfast every weekend! A big mug of hot Builder's tea and choco cake. Life's too short not to.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old thread but I love the name Tourmaline for your kitty! It is one of my favourite crystals. I hope you managed the salt fiasco alright and both your mum and your kitties got through the snow and ice - and salting of the drive - without problems.

Had a black feral I fed for a while until she decided to move on and named her Bastet. If I ever have another black feral pusscat to look after, she shall be named Tourmaline!
Has anybody heard from Moonstonewolf recently? I have not seem her post since May 8. I was wondering how Tourmaline was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.