The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided to donate my medical coding books-they're really only good for one year because there are always changes. Even though they're out of date, they're still new enough that someone could use them for practice. They're pretty expensive both new and used, so hopefully this will make it easier for someone.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am greatly relieved to say that I will NOT be the executor of my father and step mothers will as a newer version of her will was found leaving the three of us step children out. This is perfectly okay with me because his once tidy farmhouse is now a hoarder situation of TV show proportions, the taxes are a couple years behind and not a penny to pay them with . Lest you think I am exaggerating the hoarding, a picture of a corner of the living room which was pretty much repeated in every inch every single room except for a walking path. I was warned not to go down the basement because “it was really bad down there”.
4604FB9A-568B-4B36-95A6-591EFC37599A.jpeg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I am greatly relieved to say that I will NOT be the executor of my father and step mothers will as a newer version of her will was found leaving the three of us step children out. This is perfectly okay with me because his once tidy farmhouse is now a hoarder situation of TV show proportions, the taxes are a couple years behind and not a penny to pay them with . Lest you think I am exaggerating the hoarding, a picture of a corner of the living room which was pretty much repeated in every inch every single room except for a walking path. I was warned not to go down the basement because “it was really bad down there”.
Being an executor of someone’s estate is a lot of work even if that person has left everything in perfect order. Looking at this, I can understand your relief!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 - I'm glad you don't have to be executor, but man that pic has me craving 3 Musketeers and Butterfingers.
Not eggs? My eyes just kept going back to the stacks of egg cartons. My cousin, about my age, is/was living there with my step mother and I think they are both responsible for the hoarding. The only blessing in the visit was that the place didn’t smell. As it was, me being a neat freak and needing open spaces, I was having to take deep breaths just to not run out the door.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not eggs? My eyes just kept going back to the stacks of egg cartons. My cousin, about my age, is/was living there with my step mother and I think they are both responsible for the hoarding. The only blessing in the visit was that the place didn’t smell. As it was, me being a neat freak and needing open spaces, I was having to take deep breaths just to not run out the door.
I have eggs in my fridge and as of now can eat them unless I'm told to cut them, too, but I can't have the chocolate with the dairy free diet, so that's what I really want!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:)have the husband eat the chocolate before it gets old"out of sight out of mind"
He's not super big on sweets. My Easter chocolate is in the freezer, and thankfully I can't get into susanm9006 susanm9006 's father and stepmom's house!

There is dairy free dark chocolate. While it's not my favorite, I know I could get some if my craving gets too strong.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's not super big on sweets. My Easter chocolate is in the freezer, and thankfully I can't get into susanm9006 susanm9006 's father and stepmom's house!

There is dairy free dark chocolate. While it's not my favorite, I know I could get some if my craving gets too strong.
your mini me is lactose intolerant then?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your mini me is lactose intolerant then?
In babies it's a cow's milk protein intolerance, so lactose free products themselves don't work (and breastmilk is full of lactose), and most of the time they do outgrow it, thankfully! But yeah, no dairy products for me now, and her pediatrician also told me to cut soy, but I'm not sure if we jumped the gun on that or not, so I may try testing it out again soon.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a soft serve ice cream yesterday afternoon. I am not supposed to have any dairy at all. This is for 2 reasons: one, I am lactose intolerant and 2) with the EOE, it is affected by all dairy.

I took the enzyme pills to counteract #1. Thought I had #2 in control, but an hour later I was clearing my throat, and a couple hours after that I was losing my voice... That has not happened since I started going completely dairy free.. but the coincidence could be allergy related--seasonal allergies are horrible...

Only goes to show: listen to your doctors... ugh....

Now on to try coconut milk ice cream... without any dairy at all....

Live and learn

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a soft serve ice cream yesterday afternoon. I am not supposed to have any dairy at all. This is for 2 reasons: one, I am lactose intolerant and 2) with the EOE, it is affected by all dairy.

I took the enzyme pills to counteract #1. Thought I had #2 in control, but an hour later I was clearing my throat, and a couple hours after that I was losing my voice... That has not happened since I started going completely dairy free.. but the coincidence could be allergy related--seasonal allergies are horrible...

Only goes to show: listen to your doctors... ugh....

Now on to try coconut milk ice cream... without any dairy at all....

Live and learn
If you can have soy, the dairy free Ben and Jerry's is the closest to the real thing. Halo Top has a decent taste, but odd texture. I liked the Open Nature cashew milk flavor better than the almond milk flavor I tried. Fronen is okay, I liked their mint chip okay, but their strawberry is more like a frozen smoothie. I just think I'm not huge on strawberry flavored ice cream, because I wasn't a huge fan of the NadaMoo strawberry cheesecake either. I have a NadaMoo cookies and cream and a Häagen Dazs peanut butter chocolate fudge (because the chocolate salted fudge truffle has soy) in my line-up.

I have become quite the connoisseur of dairy free ice creams. It gives me something to look forward to. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.