The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Not every employee has every answer. What every employee (particularly those in the Customer Service department) should have is a list of experts on particular subjects to whom they can refer problems.

Margret
but if you talk to tech support they should know. Which is who I was talking to. I know I wasn’t very clear on who at Amazon I talked to. So I still stand by what I said. If they release a product and I talk to tach about the echo show not registering to my account they should know instead of some snarky remark of sorry I lied.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, went to Stroller Strides this morning. Forgot my stroller. Had to babywear J for the workout. I guess it probably made it a better workout. :lol:

They took free mommy and me photos after for Mother's day. I can't wait to see!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind... it's been so nice to wake up whenever I want and have no assignments that need completing! I wanted to work this summer but because of the pandemic, finding a safe job close to home has been difficult. I've been spending my days doing all the things I haven't been able to do for months because of school. I'm painting, crocheting again, doing a little gardening, and reading. And it's no surprise that my heart rate has dropped back down to 60bmp now that I'm not constantly stressed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jasmine has come up with a new trick. She knows the meaning of “Show me,” so she’s begun meowing pitifully and when I get up and say “Show me what’s wrong” she races for her cat tree, leaps to the top, and rolls over on her back being adorable and soliciting pets. She doesn’t just want petting, it has to be petting while she’s on her cat tree! :doh: This could get old fast.

Margret
It could be SO much worse...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn has a bag of toys she brought back from her mom's. And she doesn't want the little ones playing with those, which I agree with for safety reasons. Her mp3 player and karaoke machine that we got her for Christmas are included.
Anyway, I just took it to her room because I've asked to her 4 times and she never did and now she's at ma-maw's.
So, I picked it up and Aedan walked up and shook his finger in my face and said, "don't touch ensen's (that's how he says Aislyn, not sure when she joined the navy) toys. Don't do that again." I'm dying! 🤣😂🤣😂

In other news, Connor has apparently learned to open the front door. It was open when I woke up. Aedan can't get past the baby gate in the hallway and he slept in my bed last night and was still there. Aislyn said she didn't open it and she was still in her room when I woke up. John swears up and down that he closed it. Connor can open interior doors and he's been trying to open the front door. It looks like he succeeded. So John's gonna have to remember to engage the deadbolt in the mornings.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but if you talk to tech support they should know. Which is who I was talking to. I know I wasn’t very clear on who at Amazon I talked to. So I still stand by what I said. If they release a product and I talk to tach about the echo show not registering to my account they should know instead of some snarky remark of sorry I lied.
Yes, tech support should know. But the same principle applies - even in tech support people have specialties. Try saying something like, "Could I please talk with the Alexa expert?" Might work; can't make things worse. And if it doesn't work, try asking to speak with the Echo Show expert.

Margret

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watching those videos so much! I've been tempted to try with Isabelle as she is really smart and would love to see how she uses them.

Heard a weird noise I thought was intermittent huffing/breathing and worried something was going on with the cats last night. Well, cats were fine! Looked out the window and after a second some type of animal ran from the yard through the next door neighbors yard. Wondering if it was a fox as it was close in size and the tail was very fully from tip to base. Someone in the neighborhood mentioned how she had heard foxes crying like a child and it is part of their breeding season behavior. So wondering if this fox was being vocal for similar reasons.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up and broke my fast on the patio listening to Western Meadowlark birdsong and the mooing of cows while reading my book on raising chickens.

My life has gotten very different from even a year ago.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Fwiw. I think you have to download the Alexa app from the App Store, in order to establish a connection. And your cell phone number.

I really cannot believe a tech would lie. Must be more to the story. Probably was not explained well. And tempers flared.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Fwiw. I think you have to download the Alexa app from the App Store, in order to establish a connection. And your cell phone number.

I really cannot believe a tech would lie. Must be more to the story. Probably was not explained well. And tempers flared.
We both have the Alexa app. Her Echo Dot took the calls but the show didn't. And sorry you don't believe me but he did mention that. And tempers did not flare.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heard a weird noise I thought was intermittent huffing/breathing and worried something was going on with the cats last night. Well, cats were fine! Looked out the window and after a second some type of animal ran from the yard through the next door neighbors yard. Wondering if it was a fox as it was close in size and the tail was very fully from tip to base. Someone in the neighborhood mentioned how she had heard foxes crying like a child and it is part of their breeding season behavior. So wondering if this fox was being vocal for similar reasons.
My dad was a home builder; he and my uncle built the entire neighborhood I grew up in and ours was the first house there.

Our house was at the top of a small hill, with a little stream at the bottom of the hill, and the property on the other side of the stream belonged to a wealthy family with a mansion. I never actually saw the mansion, just the ornate gates.

About a year after we moved into our house the neighborhood had grown enough that there were other kids to play with. So one day I was playing with the kids who lived across the street when we heard someone calling for help. We tried to find him but couldn't - the sound could have been coming from any direction - and besides, even if we did find him how were a few little kids going to be able to help a grown man who was in such big trouble he was screaming for help? Clearly this was a job for a Mommy! So we got my mom.

She listened to the screams and also tried to find him, without success, and he truly sounded desperate, so she did the intelligent thing and called the sheriff's office. They sent a deputy out, who listened to the screams and then explained that the folks in the mansion kept peacocks, and the mating call of the peacock sounds just like a man screaming for help.

Margret

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.