The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Been a rough couple of days for me. My back is still giving me fits, doctors still insist it's a pulled muscle/torn ligament although I never knew one could last this long. Either that or I'm getting to be a wimp in my old age. Mom is still Mom (some things never change) although she hasn't had an outburst since that day last week. I think she must know I'm taping her and she's trying to be on her best behavior. Oh well if it works until I get my SSA.

Lastly, Tourmaline says hi to everyone from his new home and wants to thank all of you for your continued prayers and good thoughts. He still isn't out of the woods as we have to observe for the next 6 months but even if these are his last 6 months they'll be quality ones, which is what matters. What a change from last week when I found him in such bad shape though. It was a tough call to make especially deciding to chance that 1% but I'm so glad now that I did.

Tourmaline says hi.png

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, I'm fine. Leg is just sore.
And we chalk that up to "adventures in parenting." When my boys were small, I had a tee shirt that said, "MOTHERHOOD! It's not just a job, it's an indenture!" Worst injury related to playing child was 3 cracked ribs, when "Tarzan" lept from the banks of the "Luangwa River" (back of the sofa) onto the vicious crocodile (me, lying on the floor, reading). The moment of impact is indelibly burned into my brain. Drew was four at the time, but the height/weight of an average 7-8 year old.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Stressful day. My stepmother unexpectedly passed away today and it turns out there is supposed to be a will she and my dad had written before he died. At this point it hasn’t been found yet but per her sister I am the named executor in the will, which means I would have responsibility for collecting, disposing and distributing their assets.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I'm sorry to hear this susanm9006 susanm9006 . I hope you can find it soon and getting things settled won't be too difficult. :hugs:
Thanks, It’s going to be messy. My step mom has one drug addled son, and my dad has us three relatively sane children. Supposedly the will divides the estate four ways. The druggie is expecting to inherit it all and we also have an elderly cousin living at the family home that has no where to go. My stepmom’s sister is working on locating the will so I should know more in a few days.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit sad today. The lake that I have metal detected every day, every summer since 2007 has changed their ruled and no long allows metal detecting. Until a few years ago they allowed It any time and then they changed to only 6-8:00 am and this year eliminated even that. I do have to admit that getting up at 5:15 so I can get there by six is really hard at my age, but still I am so going to miss my quiet time there. We do have other lakes I could detect but none I like as much as this one.
That's a bummer :(

Got some stuff done today. Took out the trash and recycling out to the bins, two loads each. Mom asked if I wanted to walk with her. She only does the sidewalk on our street and not a fan of the park, so looked out the windows and saw no one out walking and said I can go now. It was perfectly quiet and the sun was bright with temps. nice enough to be warm but not too cold. It is in the 60's today. Soon I will be heading to the deck to get some fresh air.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to understand duvet sizes and what you do between seasons with them. I got a duvet cover for DD's last birthday and put it over her comforter. But now with summer coming it's getting too hot for it so I started looking for lightweight duvet inserts to see if that's something she can use. I found some on Amazon advertised as lightweight but the sizing seems inconsistent. Shouldn't a twin duvet be the same size anywhere so any duvet cover fits? :dunno: Maybe it's just these brands that aren't typical for us here in the US. :headscratch:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to understand duvet sizes and what you do between seasons with them. I got a duvet cover for DD's last birthday and put it over her comforter. But now with summer coming it's getting too hot for it so I started looking for lightweight duvet inserts to see if that's something she can use. I found some on Amazon advertised as lightweight but the sizing seems inconsistent. Shouldn't a twin duvet be the same size anywhere so any duvet cover fits? :dunno: Maybe it's just these brands that aren't typical for us here in the US. :headscratch:
You could use just the duvet cover itself as a coverlet with nothing inside or you could use a flannel top sheet as the insert.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was such a waste. I had to take the morning off to do a 3 hour glucose test - 8 hour fasting, followed by drinking pure sugar. Then they draw blood every hour for 3 hours.

Then I of course powered down a burrito and took a nap the rest of the day 🙃

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was such a waste. I had to take the morning off to do a 3 hour glucose test - 8 hour fasting, followed by drinking pure sugar. Then they draw blood every hour for 3 hours.

Then I of course powered down a burrito and took a nap the rest of the day 🙃
Are you far enough for that already? My midwife had me do my 1 hour at like 25 weeks, and that was early compared to some.

Thankfully I never had to take the 3 hour this go around.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I took it early because I had about three years of test results showing it to be a little high (my job incentivizes getting biometric screenings yearly). My one hour was a little high as well, so they asked for this one. Normally you’re right they wait until later.

Hopefully I hear back that it is normal 🤞🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.