The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm checking selections out online. Kohls used to be my go-to place but I haven't really shopped in person since the pandemic. Some friends with older kids recommended Hollister, American Eagle and Aeropostale. Supposedly they cater to the tall and thin crowd. It looks like I'm really going to have to take her in the stores to find what fits...and is AGE appropriate. Shes way too young for croptops. :cringe: :disappointed: I think I have all of those and a H&M within driving distance. I might need to chill a bottle of wine for afterwards... Wish me luck. :lol2: :bawling2: And pray for sales for DH's sake. :crazy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
my toe is really sore tonite and sort of black and blue right now .... i hope that i didnt break it ??
You may have. However, if you really think that you did, tape it to the toe(s) next to it for a few weeks. I promise you, if you went to the ER, they'd x-ray it, say, "Yep, it's broken," and tape it to the toes next to it...and charge you over $1000 for it. If it is only jammed, the treatment is (WAIT FOR IT) to TAPE IT TO THE TOE(S) NEXT TO IT! Toes, other than deep cuts, are really a one-size-fits-all kinda fix.

Got my monthly grocery shopping done today. Got home around 9:30 or so this morning, got my cold food put away, and staggered off to bed. Up three times between 10AM and 4:30PM to crawl in a hot tub of water due to leg cramps. The last time, I reset the clock from 5PM to 6PM and just...keeled over. At some point tonight I will (or possibly will not) put away the non-refrigerated/non-food items. GOD I LOVE LIVING WITH A CAT and no other humans! Not one person will say, "You need to get this stuff put away. It's in my way!"

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I about broke my dang leg earlier.

Aislyn came back for the summer. Of course, Aedan is over the moon excited. He says she's his best friend. It's too cute. Anyway, he asked if they could play outside in the dark.

Well, why not? It was a nice evening, no one needs to be up early for anything, sounds like fun. Well, I tripped over his tricycle. Went down hard and my leg landed on the handlebar. Put a deep dent in my leg and it's bruising up pretty good and I've been limping around ever since.

Add in the sore arm from getting my covid shot earlier and I'm a real mess. Haha

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I about broke my dang leg earlier.

Aislyn came back for the summer. Of course, Aedan is over the moon excited. He says she's his best friend. It's too cute. Anyway, he asked if they could play outside in the dark.

Well, why not? It was a nice evening, no one needs to be up early for anything, sounds like fun. Well, I tripped over his tricycle. Went down hard and my leg landed on the handlebar. Put a deep dent in my leg and it's bruising up pretty good and I've been limping around ever since.

Add in the sore arm from getting my covid shot earlier and I'm a real mess. Haha
OUCH!!!!!! are you ok? Pics are adorable!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh we used to love getting to play outside in the dark My mother’s cousin lived on a circle with nothing in the middle and there were a number of neighbors kids when we would visit besides my cousins. It was pretty rural there around the neighborhood so we could run between all the houses playing hide and seek or tag after dark. It was so cool to me. :lol:

Sometimes I give my kids glo-sticks and send them out too. Like when we’ve missed going to fireworks for the 4th of July. We did that with our own mini carnival games last Halloween too.

I try to pick up glowsticks whenever I see them on clearance at Walmart. Its just fun!:lol2:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - I was sitting in my home office and my foot had a little itch and then a little prick. I look down at an ugly black cricket munching on my sock! 😱

And of course I was on a call so I watched it hop menacingly around the office until my husband came home lol.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A bit sad today. The lake that I have metal detected every day, every summer since 2007 has changed their ruled and no long allows metal detecting. Until a few years ago they allowed It any time and then they changed to only 6-8:00 am and this year eliminated even that. I do have to admit that getting up at 5:15 so I can get there by six is really hard at my age, but still I am so going to miss my quiet time there. We do have other lakes I could detect but none I like as much as this one.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh thats disappointing! Do you think people were detecting and not cleaning up behind themselves or something?
No. We have long suspected that the night grounds crew was detecting the lake while they were supposed to be picking up trash. It is a high use place and the water used to be full of coins and jewelry. But the last few years we are lucky if we find a couple quarters in the morning. Now they have it all to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.