The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a bind. I cannot drive because of a fracture and my cat needs to have an ultrasound. That's all I've been thinking about. I guess I will call uber.
Keeping you in my thoughts. :heartshape: Please give an update on how things go.

Family time wasn't so bad yesterday, and even enjoyed it a bit as one of my brother's fiancé came and she is great to talk to. Think everyone found it awkward that I asked one brother to move to the far end of the couch. I have everything measured that if the others are at the far end while mom and I were on the other side of the deck, we'd all be just about 6 ft. apart. Plus, this is the brother who has been active outside the house with gym, with friends, etc., so it's not unreasonable for me to enforce the 6 ft. and ask him to move a couple feet over so we keep proper distance. At least everyone was really good about replacing their masks when not eating.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to get to Home Depot for a hoe as well as a spray bottle with vinegar. Need to do ASAP as mom is calling the weed killing man today and I want the weeds gone so the cats and other wildlife will be safe. Back pain comes and goes but I'm going to have to endure it even if it sets my healing a thousand times back as the wildlife and cats mean more to me then this pain. What a horrible tragedy. The woman is crazy and doesn't listen to reason. :(

On the other hand I'm starting to do some stuff around here. The back hurts equally sitting or doing something so I may as well do something and be useful. I'm not saying how much or little the back hurts though because it always does the opposite of what I complain it does. Just that if I'm going to hurt equally I may as well be constructive.

Last edited:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a bind. I cannot drive because of a fracture and my cat needs to have an ultrasound. That's all I've been thinking about. I guess I will call uber.
We used to live in a big city and we used Uber for vet visits as well as when we moved apartments. It works out ok. If you can afford to spring for the Black Car, they tend to be a smoother experience.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally made an effort to join a Meet Up group and attend one of their virtual meetings. It was a lot of fun and I wish I had had the courage to attend a zoom meeting sooner. It's nice to talk with new people who have similar interest and enjoy deep conversations. Guess I'm going to become a regular now.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's still alive and playful so no blockage I assume. Boot comes off wed! I can tell my legs may be too week to drive. Doesn't matter,car's dead

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold day today and tomorrow. Brought all my plants inside except for the catnip.

My goal to be productive today is to mail a penpal letter that was written a couple days ago. Just need to prep the envelope and it is good to go!

I was so worried last night. I was getting back in bed and patted around as Isabelle had been laying next to me before I had gotten up for the bathroom. Did not feel her and was getting back into bed. She was actually there, but had moved over a couple inches and I kinda almost/did sit on her... I caught myself and she meowed at me. Think I put a little pressure on her back end/legs. She seems to be walking fine and okay, but I know cats can hide things well and worried she was hurt. She survived the night and is still walking fine and ate breakfast as normal and seems okay. Boy though, was it scary! I'm a heavy human and if I was angled differently or sat on her more directly I could have really hurt her. Left the light on last night to avoid any more accidents. Which was good since she stayed on the bed for a while and did switch positions once when I got up!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Post Office is refusing to deliver mail on our street for a week now and no reason is given. We don't have a bunch of mean vicious animals running around, there aren't any people running around with guns. In face we saw a mail truck go down the street yesterday, park for 15 minutes then drove off without a single attempt to deliver. And Mom is waiting on a check that she needs so she can stay alive. What the heck? It does no good to call and complain. :(

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh - I do love Colorado. But having to shovel a chicken coop twice in April is a bit much. Poor husband can’t get any help either since I’m not supposed to be shoveling things these days. Those chickens better understand how lucky they are! (Other than the snow and ice and cold lol).

We tried feeding them warm oatmeal last night but they didn’t eat very much. They likely aren’t used to warm gooey oats.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know that for sure? I would at least try.
Yes I know for sure. I have been calling to report this Post Office for 15 years, at least 2 or 3 times a week and nothing is done.

And now I"m having issues with the SSA office. What the heck? Why always just me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do mean by "report"? Because if you've (or anyone else in the neighborhood) been filing an official complaint 3 times a week about stuff like the carrier stepping on your grass or parking near your driveway (happens a lot :/), I could see management suspending delivery to the neighborhood. If nobody can deliver without triggering a whole investigation (required for every official complaint), they'd rather suspend delivery so every complaint can be answered with "suspended delivery due to safety issues".

Tl;dr: complaints due to suspended delivery are easier to deal with than other complaints.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said this is something I've been dealing with for 15 years. I call the main honcho of all Us to file complaint, they just say ok we'll talk to the supervisor of your branch and whether they do or not the mail is not delivered. And yes I have been calling several times a week about them. I have no idea if anyone else has because I have weird neighbors so I may be the only squeaky wheel. The point still remains that some things that are very important do have to come through US mail like above mentioned SSA documents I need to sign. St Louis has to have the worst of everything. Always have, always will I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.