The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep getting motion detection notifications on my phone. Apparently a big fat bee likes my security camera outside and keeps buzzing around it. I've also got a big blow up snake on my front porch that the wind is moving around. It's starting to annoy. :lol: The snake is there because barn swallows have tried to nest on the porch the last few springs. I'm trying to get a jump on them. I'm going to make DH check that the bees aren't trying to nest around the camera though! I'm not tall enough without a stepstool.
One of the problems with security cameras. You can check your camera setting to see if you are able to adjust the sensitivity or to see if it had a “people” setting so that you don’t get notified with every tiny thing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the problems with security cameras. You can check your camera setting to see if you are able to adjust the sensitivity or to see if it had a “people” setting so that you don’t get notified with every tiny thing.
Haha with Wyze. Raccoons are detected as people and the cats are detected as vehicles.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll ask DH to check! It seems like half the time it misses stuff or the internet connection drops. It's not really half the time; but still! It's frustrating when you pay for something that doesn't work well. I believe part of the problem is our internet here too. When we first put it up it was recording every car going by. :lol:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when Aedan makes me look good. My neighbor with all the kids had a friend over and the friend has a kid. So they're both having to repeatedly yell at their kids and Aedan is listening to me the first time. And I'm like, heck yeah. You don't listen at home but you make me look good to strangers. I'll take it.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when Aedan makes me look good. My neighbor with all the kids had a friend over and the friend has a kid. So they're both having to repeatedly yell at their kids and Aedan is listening to me the first time. And I'm like, heck yeah. You don't listen at home but you make me look good to strangers. I'll take it.
[/QUO
:lol:its like money in the bank to pay for the times he isnt gonna listen at home:lol:least thats how it works for me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My stepsiblings used to give my mom so much grief as teenagers. Mom worked for a nonprofit helping people with disabilities get/keep jobs. So she got to know a LOT of local employers. They’d always tell her what good employees my stepsiblings were and just sing their praises. :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I just may have to have Mom put into Assisted Living and I get admitted to hospital for my situation. Not sure what will become of the cats, I tried that stupid Next Door app and no one is willing to take over temporarily (lot of good that app is), so I have this worry about along with possible vandalism of the house.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K KittyJ i finally had rice with broccoli and chicken and cheese melted in it lol
Sounds good. What type of cheese?? Imagining more of a soft, gooey cheese. My mom picked up culver's yesterday, so dinner was easy for me last night after deciding what I wanted. I normally do the fish dinners, but decided on the spicy chicken sandwich meal. And as always, my favorite treat of a concrete mixer with heath and reeses, yum! That will be for another day.

Brother's coming for a home made easter dinner today, since one was unavailable on easter. We'll see how it goes. Not sure if my older brother will ask about vaccines again, but mentally prepping for how to respond if he makes a snide remark. I want to uphold a boundary that I don't need his opinions and was thinking of saying, That's for me to decide, if he makes a comment how I should just go to a walk-in to get it done. If things get too uncomfortable, guess I can just retreat downstairs and leave the gathering.

Busy morning today though! Have an advanced dragonfly ID training, pushing my friend chat back as the training starts when we normally start, and then brothers coming early afternoon.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, John and Aedan had to poop at the same time. It turned into a battle - John telling Aedan to use his little potty, Aedan refusing because he uses to big potty now. John said, "I'm gonna use the big potty because I can't fit on your potty. You use the little potty." Aedan, with that smug toddler attitude, "I'll poop in my pants."

Aedan got first dibs on the big potty. We need a second bathroom.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did he say "Better you than me kid!" ? :rolleyes2:

DH spent all of last weekend working on our yard; filling in settled areas and getting rid of roots that were sticking up all over from the ground being torn up. We've been picking up rocks and pieces of broken pvc pipe since January. He put down seed and fertilizer on Monday and since then it's been MY job to water twice a day (because he's at work). Well it's been taking me at least an hour each time because we have a big yard. It only rained once this week too. So yesterday I told DH it was his job on the weekend! He had to finish fertilizing part of the yard where we had run out. He ended up being outside for 2 hours. And then promptly decided to head to walmart for some new sprinklers and an extra inexpensive hose.

So today he's been in and out every 15 minutes to move sprinklers and it's STILL not done after over an hour. 🤪 :lol: And I'm still supposed to do this twice a day!? Pray for rain ya'll!! :lol: :bawling:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he say "Better you than me kid!" ? :rolleyes2:

DH spent all of last weekend working on our yard; filling in settled areas and getting rid of roots that were sticking up all over from the ground being torn up. We've been picking up rocks and pieces of broken pvc pipe since January. He put down seed and fertilizer on Monday and since then it's been MY job to water twice a day (because he's at work). Well it's been taking me at least an hour each time because we have a big yard. It only rained once this week too. So yesterday I told DH it was his job on the weekend! He had to finish fertilizing part of the yard where we had run out. He ended up being outside for 2 hours. And then promptly decided to head to walmart for some new sprinklers and an extra inexpensive hose.

So today he's been in and out every 15 minutes to move sprinklers and it's STILL not done after over an hour. 🤪 :lol: And I'm still supposed to do this twice a day!? Pray for rain ya'll!! :lol: :bawling:
Split gizmo for the faucet so you can hook up two separate hoses. It will at least cut your Time in half. And pray for rain.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Split gizmo for the faucet so you can hook up two separate hoses. It will at least cut your Time in half. And pray for rain.
He's got 2 sprinklers running with a hose between them. We have a well so I'm kind of nervous to run too much at once. One rain a day would be soooo appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.