The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! It’s already gotten better, at least I don’t have to nap during the day and fall asleep at my desk anymore lol. But I am sleeping deeper in the mornings. I’ve actually been stalking - whoops! I meant following - both your wedding and your pregnancy posts. We just got married last September and it was nice seeing someone go through the same thing.
Aww! I feel lucky to have gotten married before the pandemic started, so I'm sure you had some challenges there I didn't have to deal with. I'm super happy for you.

It does sound like a timed feeder might help take the responsibility off you for extra early breakfast. But, you know, cats are going to do what they're going to do regardless. :dizzycat:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ll time to crawl outside to feed the cats so they don’t take down any more chickens. Ugh. Onyx would have to do this at a time I can barely move.

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am worried about how bad the bruising has gotten. He texted me today saying it was turning greenish so hopefully that means it's starting to heal.
For sure, bruising can look so bad. I bruise really easily and have had some rough looking ones, even if I felt okay. I can only imagine what it would look like with such a wound and high bruising. Agree with the others the color changes sound like a positive that is is slowly healing. My bruises always turned interesting colors when healing.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! I feel lucky to have gotten married before the pandemic started, so I'm sure you had some challenges there I didn't have to deal with. I'm super happy for you.

It does sound like a timed feeder might help take the responsibility off you for extra early breakfast. But, you know, cats are going to do what they're going to do regardless. :dizzycat:

Yeah, I don’t recommend planning a pandemic wedding. All the guests were out of town since we recently moved to Colorado, and most people started cancelling and the guest list dropped dramatically. We had a venue cancel on us entirely and had to find one last minute. In the end it was just as magical and wonderful as I could have hoped, the tiny guest list meant a lot of time spent with each guest and it was wonderful. Hard to imagine what may have been, but it was still one of the best nights of my life.

As for cats being cats, their independence is definitely why we love them but it is trying at times. Little furry jerks :kneading:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like trying to take the garbage can out front while hurting really bad and 3 cats plop on the ground right in your way. With this injury it's a 15 minute job that normally takes 3 minutes let alone have 3 "helpful" cats. lol

Chicken update: Rachel is still not home but I did glance across the street and the chickens are all accounted for, so seems Onyx was just be scolded by one of them.

Another update: My mother noticed that when I was walking I instinctively put my hand on my sides and not my back, so I sprayed some Bio freeze on those areas that I was putting my hand. Guess what, it isn't the back, it's a pulled nerve from the rib cage. I just never had that kind of pain before. Mom's a genius.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found out yesterday that I was in the top 5 for a "March Madness" style thing in a book club I follow. I barely understand how it works but ok! :lol2: I mean they are books competing against books and I just voted for my favorites till I filled in all the blanks. But I still feel like I don't get it. :lol2: I don't do sports but this has shown me some things about myself. 1. I am definitely passionate about my favorite books. 2. I really do tend to go against the grain. (Which is why I was surprised when I was listed in the top 5. :lol2:) 3. I won't be taking up following sports and filling out brackets on the regular. :crazy:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else here read the Callahan's Bar series, by Spider Robinson? I just ran into this song about it, and it made me think of TCS.

Margret

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Was doing good and now severe pain. We can't even go out to get my Aleve and Mom will not allow Instacart. What a horrible tragedy this is. And I get no answers from doctors why the pain comes and goes. All I hear is You have a pulled muscled. Yea right. Bunch of quaks that are totally incompetent. I'm sitting here with severe pain and getting a bunch of doctors that got their license from a box of Cracker Jacks. 😢

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im thinking about doing my cat toys again and working on the cat face part of the toy too . hows everyone doing tonite ?
Okay this week for the most part. Some of my survey and money making apps/sites are hopping the past couple of days, so taking advantage of that while it is busy.

Has anyone else here read the Callahan's Bar series, by Spider Robinson? I just ran into this song about it, and it made me think of TCS.
Nope, but that's a sweet song and makes sense why it makes you think of TCS. :purr:

I need to get back into healthy habits. Realized my nice self-care of showering and meditating daily has dropped off. Think it will be good for me to make a schedule and work to stick to it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.