The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness klunick klunick ! That is terrifying. We made many trips to the emergency room for injuries when my son was young, including cutting off the end of one finger, but they weren’t life threatening!
It's supposed to snow tomorrow and Saturday. :argh: I thought spring was here for good since the weather has been so nice lately.
I'll be praying for your son klunick klunick .
I appreciate it. What is interesting/weird is that it didn't really bruise up until a few days later. Now the entire back of his leg is one huge bruise (wound is in the thigh) and he says he's more sore now than right after it happened. It looks horrible.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oldest stayed home from work on Friday but went to work on Saturday and Sunday. I was against it. Now his leg is completely bruised from his rear to his ankle. He is in more pain than he was a couple days after the injury. He is back to using old crutches that we had on hand. I don't think it's an infection but his body trying to "fight" against the injury and heal it
How terrifying! Sounds like he is going to be okay, even though not comfortable right now? How are you holding up?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s wanting to sue me. How can you sue someone over what a feral cat does? I thought cats don’t bother full grown chickens. Guess another fallacy.

I need to take these cats and move to the country.
So I’m new to owning backyard chickens, and from my understanding if someone’s pet kills a chicken the owner is responsible to replace the chicken. But if the animal is wild, or presumably a feral cat, they is just nature. We spent probably over 80 hours building a chicken run to prevent predators from getting in and killing our chickens. Tell this neighbor that the cats aren’t yours, and by feeding the cats it actually makes them less likely to go after a large and dangerous animal like a chicken. How does she know it was your cat? Sounds like there are a few feral colonies in the area.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’m new to owning backyard chickens, and from my understanding if someone’s pet kills a chicken the owner is responsible to replace the chicken. But if the animal is wild, or presumably a feral cat, they is just nature. We spent probably over 80 hours building a chicken run to prevent predators from getting in and killing our chickens. Tell this neighbor that the cats aren’t yours, and by feeding the cats it actually makes them less likely to go after a large and dangerous animal like a chicken. How does she know it was your cat? Sounds like there are a few feral colonies in the area.
She sees these cats in my yard all the time. She’s just right across the street from me. The cat gets run off my Treasure but again she shouldn’t let chickens run loose with cats around the neighborhood. And cats do attack big chickens. I had a huge rooster as a kid that got killed by a cat as Dad saw it but couldn’t get outside fast enough to scare the cat off. Still all species just trying to survive.

Right now I’ve other issues to take care of like this pulled muscle in my back that kept me awake for 48 hours.

Last edited:

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
I’m super frustrated with the cats this morning. Olive has been increasingly early with feeding time in the morning. It used to be around 6 am with the occasional long sleep to 9. Now it’s usually 4:20 am and a wait until 5 if I’m lucky. She jumps on the back of the bed frame and runs back and forth. If I lock her out she howls. I’m also 14 weeks pregnant so I’ve been extra tired lately.

So this morning I gave up and just fed her and Gohan at 4:30 am because I wanted to sleep. She threw it all up of course and pretended like I never fed her. I finally caved at 6 am and just fed her again. Overslept and was late logging into work. And then Olive in her cuteness likes to “pet” me and purr with claws out (usually scratching my face slightly if I don’t dodge in time). This time she snagged my new sweater and pulled a thread :frustrated:

As my husband is fond of asking - Why did we domesticate the weasel again? They are lucky they are so darn cute.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea the chickens are free range. Sorry. Taking naps when the pain subsides which isn’t often. Sopdet keeps looking for me. I’ve been close to bed ridden for 48 hours. 😩

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m super frustrated with the cats this morning. Olive has been increasingly early with feeding time in the morning. It used to be around 6 am with the occasional long sleep to 9. Now it’s usually 4:20 am and a wait until 5 if I’m lucky. She jumps on the back of the bed frame and runs back and forth. If I lock her out she howls. I’m also 14 weeks pregnant so I’ve been extra tired lately.

So this morning I gave up and just fed her and Gohan at 4:30 am because I wanted to sleep. She threw it all up of course and pretended like I never fed her. I finally caved at 6 am and just fed her again. Overslept and was late logging into work. And then Olive in her cuteness likes to “pet” me and purr with claws out (usually scratching my face slightly if I don’t dodge in time). This time she snagged my new sweater and pulled a thread :frustrated:

As my husband is fond of asking - Why did we domesticate the weasel again? They are lucky they are so darn cute.
Best think is to put her out of your room and ignore the screaming and scratching until your preferred get up time. Better that they learn it isn’t going to work now rather than when you have been up half the night with the baby. The thing is you can never give in to the noise. If you do it even once you will be back to square one.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am worried about how bad the bruising has gotten. He texted me today saying it was turning greenish so hopefully that means it's starting to heal.
A greenish bruise sounds like healing. Infection I think would involve fever and swelling.
I agree. That's usually what happens to my bruises when they start healing.

I’m also 14 weeks pregnant so I’ve been extra tired lately.
OMG, congrats!!!! How exciting for you!! Hopefully the tiredness will subside soon. They say the second trimester is supposed to be the easiest.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Best think is to put her out of your room and ignore the screaming and scratching until your preferred get up time. Better that they learn it isn’t going to work now rather than when you have been up half the night with the baby. The thing is you can never give in to the noise. If you do it even once you will be back to square one.
Yeah, I know and normally I pick 5 am for that time and wait her out. It was just too much this morning.

My end goal is to get a timed feeder (which I actually already even have) and add some kibble to see if she is distracted enough by herself for a bit.

OMG, congrats!!!! How exciting for you!! Hopefully the tiredness will subside soon. They say the second trimester is supposed to be the easiest.
Thank you! It’s already gotten better, at least I don’t have to nap during the day and fall asleep at my desk anymore lol. But I am sleeping deeper in the mornings. I’ve actually been stalking - whoops! I meant following - both your wedding and your pregnancy posts. We just got married last September and it was nice seeing someone go through the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.