The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just deleted my Twitter account. Getting all info off of Facebook and ready to delete that now. Tough luck if a relative wants to contact me. They can do it Pre computer days known as get off lazy rear and call on phone.
Mind if I ask what your motivation is for deleting the accounts? You've been in a really rough place lately and worried about you. Sometimes actions like this can be a sign of something larger and want to make sure that isn't being overlooked, if that is the case. How have you been doing and feeling? :hugs:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats scared the heck out of me last night... had a window open while chilling in bed before sleeping. One of the cats made a loud noise that happens if there is a cat outside close enough. My fight or flight set off immediately and made noise yelling and clapping to try to startle the cats while I got up to close the window. I know, probably didn't help, but adrenaline instantly shot through me and I panicked. Persia, who is usually so calm, was even worked up and thought there was going to be a brawl between the cats. Luckily, Katrina let me pick her up, despite all her fur puffed out and arching back, and stayed calm while I managed to scoot Isabelle with my foot into the bathroom, and then placed Katrina into the bedroom. Then let all three cats cool down separate. Welp, guess I can't leave the windows open past 7 pm.

The plus side was I was in the middle of a real-time risk mobile game with other humans and remembered about 10 minutes later, ha. Thought I would be kicked out of the game, but guess if you don't respond for a turn or two a computer AI player takes over. I was able to start playing again and ended up winning, lol.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mind if I ask what your motivation is for deleting the accounts? You've been in a really rough place lately and worried about you. Sometimes actions like this can be a sign of something larger and want to make sure that isn't being overlooked, if that is the case. How have you been doing and feeling? :hugs:
I just have no more want or desire for social media. I'm 65 years old and I really feel that this internet thing is for young people. I've had some stalkers that have found me from Next Door app as well as Facebook (sorry I guess you didn't see those posts). And no my problems with Mom and the cats have nothing to do with this. Believe it or not the first 45 years of my life there was no such thing as an internet. I just want to get back to that place of my life. It was less stressful that way.

Kathrines_Cat^_^

Cat! :-D
Young Cat
Purraise
I just have no more want or desire for social media.
I can relate to that. I don't use social media for privacy reasons. I've heard too many stories of people getting hurt because of social media. Creating a forum account was sort of a stretch for me but I didn't want to make a reddit account. I feel like I should trust things more and use my real name but I have constant anxiety that somebody from when I was a lot more vulnerable would find me via my social media account. A sort of tip, if you want control over you're social media account then don't make an Instagram account because as far as I know, there's not a setting for account deactivation. (As in it's a setting instead of having to email a higher up.)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate to that. I don't use social media for privacy reasons. I've heard too many stories of people getting hurt because of social media. Creating a forum account was sort of a stretch for me but I didn't want to make a reddit account. I feel like I should trust things more and use my real name but I have constant anxiety that somebody from when I was a lot more vulnerable would find me via my social media account. A sort of tip, if you want control over you're social media account then don't make an Instagram account because as far as I know, there's not a setting for account deactivation. (As in it's a setting instead of having to email a higher up.)
Actually you can delete your instagram. They are owned but Facebook so the deactivation or deletion is the same process. I never had an instagram but my cousin did and deleted his last week.

Kathrines_Cat^_^

Cat! :-D
Young Cat
Purraise
Really? That's great because I have an ancient Instagram account that I didn't know how to get rid of. Everything on it is completely deleted other than the account itself. Now I just have to remember the email I used for it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  1. Log in to your account on instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser. Unfortunately, you can't disable your account from the Instagram app.
  2. Click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner to access your profile.
  3. Click "Edit Profile."
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Temporarily disable my account" in the bottom left-hand corner.
  5. Once on that page, choose an answer from the drop-down menu under "Why are you disabling your account?"

Oh and yea for the record: Cats very seldom return when they take off. Out of 11 cats that were here only 5 (well now 4 with Tourmaline gone) have remained all but Tourmaline disappearing 12 to 14 months ago.
I'm sorry that's been your experience. Depends on the area. Thankfully, in my experience, most of them do return. May take a couple of weeks or more, but only 4 have gone permanently missing. Even Austin, my Old Man, showed up a couple of days ago. He's ancient for a feral, and I was sure he had just reached his natural end.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, the "schedule a vaccine" button is still not clickable, neither have I received an e-mail saying I am eligible. But was supposed to be yesterday. Hopefully will get this figured out and calling soon to see what might be going on. Also, kind of freaked out about the Johnson Johnson side effects as the drive through one is only offering that one... but maybe if it gets paused other vaccines will be available at that site. We'll see.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pause might affect the drive-though appointments. I think they're required to make a second appointment before or at the time of the first vaccine if they're using Pfizer or Moderna, and that might be difficult for a drive-through site.

A co-worker got his second Moderna shot last Wednesday, and says he hasn't had any side effects. Another co-worker and I both get our second next Wednesday the 21st (he got his first before I did, but he got Moderna (4 week) and I got Pfizer (3 week) so the second shots ended up on the same day). Hopefully we get lucky on the side effects too.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So contacted the health department, and apparently, even though I was eligible on Monday, that doesn't mean everyone that qualifies is eligible until you receive an e-mail that you can not make an appointment... So I have no idea when I will be eligible to even try to get appointments at the drive through sites.

Mr. Meow Mr. Meow Beautiful art!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A co-worker got his second Moderna shot last Wednesday, and says he hasn't had any side effects. Another co-worker and I both get our second next Wednesday the 21st (he got his first before I did, but he got Moderna (4 week) and I got Pfizer (3 week) so the second shots ended up on the same day). Hopefully we get lucky on the side effects too.
I hate that I don't know how I'll be feeling! I've been wanting to do an outdoor stroller strides class in my area, and the close convenient one is on Thursdays. Last Thursday it was raining, and I didn't want to sign up for this week just in case my shot tomorrow leaves me barely able to function the next day.

Maybe next week.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.