The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie was born feral, and although he's certainly mellowed out in the last few years, he still has "moods" when he suddenly decides to go after me. I wish I knew what was going through his head when this happens.
Blue has his moods too but this was an attack launched from other side of room and pure kill or be killed type of thing...just stuff left over from being abused.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling a bit sad and discouraged at the moment.
Some of you would know I have been working with Blue for over 2 years now socializing him and turning him back into a normal cat as far as Bengals go and thought I had won with him turning into a gentle no claws and bite cat but today he attacked me for no reason and tore up my arm pretty good. Feel like we have gone 10 steps backward.
How badly are you torn up? Do you need stitches?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange things going on. April 7, 2020 Shaman came to me for the very last time. She had breakfast, rubbed against me and left. April 10th 2020 I saw Shaman walking up the street to stop and rest on a porch. She would not come to me. April 19, 2020 Shaman came to eat in the middle of the night, looked around and left. Never to be seen again.

Fast forward one year. Tourmaline who reminds me of Shaman in every single way came to me on April 7, 2021 to eat breakfast. Rubbed against me and left. April 10, (today) I saw her walking up the street in same direction as Shaman, stopped to rest on same porch as Shaman and then went on. She saw me but would not come to me. We haven't reached April 19 yet but this is so very sad. Why am I going through this a 2nd time, and exactly the same manner?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im excited today because my goodies i ordered from amazon are coming today and im looking forward to seeing all the items ... the only thing that is not arriving is my customized address labels
Get anything interesting? (Seems you posted while I was typing my responses, LoL --- kool, stamps and fabric!)

I mean, everyone in our state is eligible on the 12th, so offering at Easter was only going to give you an extra week even if it was legit.
Once everything opens up, demand will be much, much higher. It has already been a challenge to get appointments from what I've heard, but now it will be a while with more people qualified. But you are right that he shared that so late, when he could have called mom or I to let me know as soon as he heard, so I could have tried to get one as soon as possible, if it was legit.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Get anything interesting? (Seems you posted while I was typing my responses, LoL --- kool, stamps and fabric!)

Once everything opens up, demand will be much, much higher. It has already been a challenge to get appointments from what I've heard, but now it will be a while with more people qualified. But you are right that he shared that so late, when he could have called mom or I to let me know as soon as he heard, so I could have tried to get one as soon as possible, if it was legit.
W WillowMarie yes ! i got some butterfly stickers , two kinds of stationary, writing pens, a password notebook and a cat book from the chicken soup for the soul series too

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, how far are you willing to travel? I booked through Walgreens last night around 8 (I said I was eligible in my county because I would be at time of vaccination), and while there wasn't anything close in the north west side of the city (I hear it's really hard up here), I kept putting in zip codes of places I used to live and was able to book a Moderna in a suburb south of the city for Wednesday, and there were quite a few openings at that one at the time. I heard there were openings out in the Rockford area, too, if you're willing to drive out that way. At least last night.

You don't have to wait until Monday to try to nook as long as you pick an appointment for Monday or later!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
now onto training the gf to allow me to brush her hair to manage the shedding on her also:flail:
You know you might be the one who needs training. Having your hair brushed can be as good as any massage. Having your hair brushed by someone rough whose experimenting with hair ties **cough cough...my daughter...cough couch** is another experience altogether... 😩

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you might be the one who needs training. Having your hair brushed can be as good as any massage. Having your hair brushed by someone rough whose experimenting with hair ties **cough cough...my daughter...cough couch** is another experience altogether... 😩
no hair ties :lol:only got one hand to use so its gonna be a brush haha

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
no hair ties :lol:only got one hand to use so its gonna be a brush haha
There were hairties you can’t see here. I had to make her stop it was hurting so much! She was so proud she took these and a video. :flail: Fortunately it was bedtime so I didn’t have to keep it in. ;)
D23D93D7-F19C-4296-8BF1-15D9D73A4A31.jpeg

My cousin’s daughter is only 11 years younger than me. She and her little brother LOVED to brush my hair when they were little. It always felt SO good! Their grandpa and great uncles were barbers and it seems like everyone inherited hair skills. (Her uncle, my cousin, taught me to braid on a Barbie when we were kids.) I do have a picture where she used about 15 q-tips as hair accessories though.:lol2: I should find that and send it to her.:flail:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were hairties you can’t see here. I had to make her stop it was hurting so much! She was so proud she took these and a video. :flail: Fortunately it was bedtime so I didn’t have to keep it in. ;)
View attachment 376066

My cousin’s daughter is only 11 years younger than me. She and her little brother LOVED to brush my hair when they were little. It always felt SO good! Their grandpa and great uncles were barbers and it seems like everyone inherited hair skills. (Her uncle, my cousin, taught me to braid on a Barbie when we were kids.) I do have a picture where she used about 15 q-tips as hair accessories though.:lol2: I should find that and send it to her.:flail:
:lol:i keep my head shaved bald plus my hair grows straight no waves no curls:flail:i wasnt planning on brushing the gf hair after she wakes up:lol:i hear all the snags and tangles every morning while she brushes her hair

Status
Not open for further replies.