The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Treasure is looking for Sopdet who is out looking for him. (I still think that would make a good country western song). Going to pick up breakfast for Mom and I but I need to get to store and buy cat food or chance a cat food delivery with Mom screaming at me today as I think DG closes early today. They don't say on their website so I don't know if they observe holidays or not. I could just order some stuff and add a few cans of cat food I suppose for delivery. I have 20 minutes to decide.

Nobody around my stupid neighborhood answers me. What a horrible situation. :(

Ugh I may have to pay $2 more each can at the gas stations since she's upstairs screaming and throwing things to hurry up and get her breakfast. Why can't I just have a life like a normal person can?

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a funny moment the other day. I was doing dragonfly/butterfly monitor identification training... and when trying to take a screenshot my screen went black and white... which is not useful at all while trying to learn identification because, you know, colors are so important! I tried the control, alt, C combo, going into settings, and restarting my laptop... nothing was working! Luckily I was able to pull up the slideshow they use on my computer while still following the zoom presentation on my laptop. Boy, was that interesting. I though I'd be stuck with a a sad laptop, but turned all the way down and restarted hours later, retried the control, alt, C combo, and viola! Vibrant color again! Thank goodness! What a crazy experience though. That was the worst time to accidentally do that, haha.

My brother came for easter and my mom, him, and I sat on the deck while eating and wore masks after we were done. There was wind outside, so I sat upwind from everyone and felt comfortable sitting outside with them instead of eating in the dining room, which is on the other side of the deck door. Things were interesting though... My brother shared with me I'm "eligible" for getting the vaccine since he works at a school (non teacher) and households of people working at a school were eligible. He stated it in a tone like I was silly for not knowing. He offered happily to add me to his allvax account, etc. like it was no big deal.

The crazy thing he hasn't been living with us for probably 6 months... so he isn't actually part of our household... even so after 10 min. I decided to think, what the heck, I can ask him to add me just so I have options. So I let him know I'd like to take him up on his offer, and while he was so eager and wanting to be helpful earlier, he now had switched and seemed frustrated by me asking for him to add me and said, I don't even have to add you, you can just get an appointment like at walgreens and let them know, and check the box for that option.

Afterwards, I felt so icky with the situation and thinking about the strange dynamics. I'm not the type of person to try using a "loophole" that my brother "created" for me to jump ahead to get a vaccine. Apparently other people have been told about the household thing, but they haven't been able to get appointments so it may be a rumor or misinformation someone spread. My guess is my brother wants me to get vaccinated as soon as possible so he can get back to normal because I cause so many "inconveniences." I've had to fight my mom on safety and for her to enforce things, like mask wearing and staying out on the deck unless my brothers need to use the bathroom or wash their hands if they come for a visit. Considering that this brother works in-person at a school, has been having in-person game nights with friends once a week, has been going to a gym, and grocery shopping in person, and who knows what else, I'm glad I've fought mom to implement safety measures.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prince Phillip passed away at 99 years old.
:sniffle:
He'd been consort longer than any other British consort ever.

As my husband says, death means you don't have to take it any more. 99 is a good long life, and he may well have been ready to go, but that doesn't mean the Queen was ready to lose him. My thoughts are with her.

Margret

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things were interesting though... My brother shared with me I'm "eligible" for getting the vaccine since he works at a school (non teacher) and households of people working at a school were eligible. He stated it in a tone like I was silly for not knowing. He offered happily to add me to his allvax account, etc. like it was no big deal.

The crazy thing he hasn't been living with us for probably 6 months... so he isn't actually part of our household... even so after 10 min. I decided to think, what the heck, I can ask him to add me just so I have options. So I let him know I'd like to take him up on his offer, and while he was so eager and wanting to be helpful earlier, he now had switched and seemed frustrated by me asking for him to add me and said, I don't even have to add you, you can just get an appointment like at walgreens and let them know, and check the box for that option.

Afterwards, I felt so icky with the situation and thinking about the strange dynamics. I'm not the type of person to try using a "loophole" that my brother "created" for me to jump ahead to get a vaccine. Apparently other people have been told about the household thing, but they haven't been able to get appointments so it may be a rumor or misinformation someone spread. My guess is my brother wants me to get vaccinated as soon as possible so he can get back to normal because I cause so many "inconveniences." I've had to fight my mom on safety and for her to enforce things, like mask wearing and staying out on the deck unless my brothers need to use the bathroom or wash their hands if they come for a visit. Considering that this brother works in-person at a school, has been having in-person game nights with friends once a week, has been going to a gym, and grocery shopping in person, and who knows what else, I'm glad I've fought mom to implement safety measures.
I mean, everyone in our state is eligible on the 12th, so offering at Easter was only going to give you an extra week even if it was legit.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling a bit sad and discouraged at the moment.
Some of you would know I have been working with Blue for over 2 years now socializing him and turning him back into a normal cat as far as Bengals go and thought I had won with him turning into a gentle no claws and bite cat but today he attacked me for no reason and tore up my arm pretty good. Feel like we have gone 10 steps backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.