The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoo boy. So, I've mentioned the "cursed apartment" before. #36. We used to live in 37 and we now live in 35. Our neighbors in 34 have been here for like 20 years and say there's never been a good tenant in 36.

Last time I spoke of 36, it was when we turned her abandoned dog over to an animal rescue. Well, she wasn't completely gone then. Rather, she came back. Long enough for her boyfriend to shoot himself in the head. This happened a couple of weeks ago. The landlord hasn't cleaned it up. 36 is missing - cops have been looking for her. They knocked on our door a week ago, but I haven't seen her. And her son is in foster care with my friend who lives in 38. And she's moving in June. The poor kid gets upset at seeing the old apartment and he's just 2 doors down from it. I don't know if he witnessed the suicide or not. Frankly, I'm afraid to ask because I'm not sure I want to know.

Silver lining - maybe now that place will stand empty for a while and we'll get a break from the crazy train.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How did you handle pregnancy?! J was 20.5 and her bottom was always uncomfortably up in my rib near the end. I can't imagine how 27 inches would even fit in there!
LOL, I carried the little hammerknocker for almost ELEVEN MONTHS. They kept telling me I just "got my dates wrong," but my ex was working on oil rigs, doing overtime. I knew down to a 3-day span when I got pregnant. If I got the dates wrong, he was either a month premature (I think not), OR I carried him TWELVE months (I THINK NOT). I will say, I could balance a regular-sized dinner plate on my belly...and have it kicked halfway across the room if I wasn't careful.

I am five feet, son was 6’2. When I wanted to have a “talk” with him I sometime used the hair at his neckline to bring him down to my level.
I will not post what I did with mine, but I will tell you that I only had to do it once, and he never tried to LOOM over me again! PM me for details, if you're really curious!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoo boy. So, I've mentioned the "cursed apartment" before. #36. We used to live in 37 and we now live in 35. Our neighbors in 34 have been here for like 20 years and say there's never been a good tenant in 36.

Last time I spoke of 36, it was when we turned her abandoned dog over to an animal rescue. Well, she wasn't completely gone then. Rather, she came back. Long enough for her boyfriend to shoot himself in the head. This happened a couple of weeks ago. The landlord hasn't cleaned it up. 36 is missing - cops have been looking for her. They knocked on our door a week ago, but I haven't seen her. And her son is in foster care with my friend who lives in 38. And she's moving in June. The poor kid gets upset at seeing the old apartment and he's just 2 doors down from it. I don't know if he witnessed the suicide or not. Frankly, I'm afraid to ask because I'm not sure I want to know.

Silver lining - maybe now that place will stand empty for a while and we'll get a break from the crazy train.
glad the bullet stayed with the guy and didnt go through the walls into your home

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, we don't share a wall with that apartment. This complex is made up of a bunch of small brick buildings - either single family or duplexes. 36 and 37 are part of the same duplex. We now have a single family because we needed a 3rd bedroom because Ali was on her way.
Oh my. It sounds like 36/37 building should just be permanently closed or torn down.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It needs something. Maybe some holy water or an exorcism.

Since we've lived here, 36 has housed drug addicts, a woman who decided she didn't want to have a baby - at 8 months - and punched herself in the stomach repeatedly (baby survived but was born with a shattered jaw), and a woman with a couple of kids and a bf who had just been released from prison for drug dealing and liked to sit in his car blaring his bass loud enough to rattle our windows and wake up every child on the block at all hours of the day and night.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oy we used to have noise like that pretty often at our first home. It’s one reason I prefer to be out in the country and always pray for good neighbors! I don’t think I would be happy in actual apartment building. My friend had some decent ones. But then there was also the time DH andI went to visit her and her randy neighbor made his presence known . :rolleyes3:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is summer over yet? So it's 4:30am and outside it's 47°F
View attachment 372874
However, inside at work (remember, 4:30am) is:
View attachment 372875View attachment 372876
It's 86°F on the human side and about 91°F on the pet side... 🥵
Wow, work is very warm!

It's still fairly warm here, but will drop in a few days to low 50's and 40's. I opened the window in the bathroom at 6:30 am while cleaning kitty food dishes today. The breeze felt so nice and not very chilly! Turns out it was still in the 50's as it did not get very cold out. Later today it is supposed to be upper 60's! But cloudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.