The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found out that my favorite Bald Eagle pair that was at Dollywood because they couldn't be released due to injury passed away. They've been residents for 10 or more years. I'm suspecting they were over 25 years old but cause of death is not yet mentioned. For anyone who does watch the cams from there it was Frank and Indy. Very much in mourning right now.

Other than that, just my usual daily stuff going on. Tourmaline is playing snot and not showing up for breakfast. For that matter she's not as friendly to me as she used to be but as usual people in my stupid neighborhood refuse to tell me what's going on.

Mom is her usual self and I'm doing my usual thing of earning money the best that I can. Sad about the cats, sad about the above mentioned bald eagles and sad about basically how my life is totally out of control with the constant Mom tragedies. At least technology is working for me today :(

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was barely interested but he was just coming out of a giant tantrum because I wouldn't let him have popcorn for dinner.
At first I thought you were talking about your husband and wondering why everyone thought this was funny because it seemed like a really extreme reaction to buy a bike because he was upset about popcorn, but realized this was i reply to what Aedan thought of the bike, haha. :rolleyes:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoops, thought it was Monday today and the trash and recycling bins did not get put out at the curb... The trash which is most important always comes very early. I heard the trucks just now and was very confused why they were coming on a Monday! :flail: Welp, guess it is because it is Tuesday and not Monday, haha. :rolleyes:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to tell you, having a 16-year-old boy who is 6'6" is a challenge to your parenting skills,
I’ve probably shared this story before. As a teen my uncle tried to tell my Grandma she couldn’t do anything anymore because he was bigger than her. And Gram’s famous line was born: The broom will always reach you. :lol: I believe she only had to follow through once. He kept Gram on her toes but Gram was a spitfire herself. He probably got it from her.;) Grandpa has such a milder personality. Unless we talk politics. 🤪

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve probably shared this story before. As a teen my uncle tried to tell my Grandma she couldn’t do anything anymore because he was bigger than her. And Gram’s famous line was born: The broom will always reach you. :lol: I believe she only had to follow through once. He kept Gram on her toes but Gram was a spitfire herself. He probably got it from her.;) Grandpa has such a milder personality. Unless we talk politics. 🤪
I am five feet, son was 6’2. When I wanted to have a “talk” with him I sometime used the hair at his neckline to bring him down to my level.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:it reminds me of the day i discovered my mom could run faster than i could and a bamboo duster adds a good few feet of reach to swat you with:)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John is 5'5". The men in my family tend to be very tall and muscular. I have a cousin who's nearly 7'. Aedan is already tall for his age. John once said, "he's gonna be towering over me and I'm gonna tell him something and he's gonna look at me and say, 'what are you gonna do about it, little man?'"

A couple of days ago, I took the kids out because it was a beautiful day. I sat on the ground talking to my neighbor while we watched the kids play. Since then, my lower back has been killing me. I can barely bend. Sitting in the wrong position hurts. Man, I'm only 32 and already a mess. What's gonna happen when I'm really old?

John has to get his head measured for a helmet. I made him agree to get one before I let him even go look at the motorcycle. When I'm sick of him, I can kill him myself. I don't need him doing it on a bike.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John is 5'5". The men in my family tend to be very tall and muscular. I have a cousin who's nearly 7'. Aedan is already tall for his age. John once said, "he's gonna be towering over me and I'm gonna tell him something and he's gonna look at me and say, 'what are you gonna do about it, little man?'"

A couple of days ago, I took the kids out because it was a beautiful day. I sat on the ground talking to my neighbor while we watched the kids play. Since then, my lower back has been killing me. I can barely bend. Sitting in the wrong position hurts. Man, I'm only 32 and already a mess. What's gonna happen when I'm really old?

John has to get his head measured for a helmet. I made him agree to get one before I let him even go look at the motorcycle. When I'm sick of him, I can kill him myself. I don't need him doing it on a bike.
[/QUO :running: :flail:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been decluttering stuff that have been bugging me for years that I never had the courage to get rid of just in case my husband might notice.

Got rid of an 8 person tent that was never used. An air mattress that was used for about a week until I could get a box spring. An electric air pump for said mattress. An ironing board that has never been used. And some u-g-l-y pictures that my inlaws gave me that I absolutely hate. :lol:

I need to make a dump run too to get rid of old computer chairs and a TV from the 90's.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gee I think I know a kid like that.. 😒😏😜

He needs to finish handwriting but he’s attempting to put his bike away by riding it up into the shed. Which means he needs momentum so he has to start on the patio on the other side of the yard... 😏

He really needs a larger bike but so does DD. He said he’ll take her old bike if we can paint it red. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.