The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I don't have much time to breathe. Mom has her hair appointment but today is a 2 hour appointment as she's getting her permanent. I have no idea why she has to have her hair done when she never goes out anymore because of balance issues. I guess she just likes to get out. I will be going to the grocery stores for her but I really don't have a lot of time to waste. I need to pick up a couple 22 lb bags of cat food and move the extra winter cat shelters behind the garage while she's not home looking out the window. So in 2 hours I have to shop 2 stores pick up cat food, sneak back home which is 20 minute drive from hair dresser, run the 2 extra shelters to behind the garage, bring the cat tree back up, place the cat food so I can easily hide and then 20 minutes back to the hairdresser. Not to mention doing Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars and hopefully another paid test job on an Alexa skill.

Hey I have lost 10 lbs running back and forth hiding stuff though. So there's good in no matter what circumstance.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I forgot about that. I love the way balsamic vinegar works with the lemon and brussels sprouts. Usually I don't add it; but this time I did and it was very good! Normally I use balsamic vinegar if I'm going to roast a pan of brussels sprouts so I just combined it a bit. I didn't even measure anything to be honest. I've made this a bunch of times so I just whipped it up. :lol:
Thanks for the info! Yum yum!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I don't have much time to breathe. Mom has her hair appointment but today is a 2 hour appointment as she's getting her permanent. I have no idea why she has to have her hair done when she never goes out anymore because of balance issues. I guess she just likes to get out. I will be going to the grocery stores for her but I really don't have a lot of time to waste. I need to pick up a couple 22 lb bags of cat food and move the extra winter cat shelters behind the garage while she's not home looking out the window. So in 2 hours I have to shop 2 stores pick up cat food, sneak back home which is 20 minute drive from hair dresser, run the 2 extra shelters to behind the garage, bring the cat tree back up, place the cat food so I can easily hide and then 20 minutes back to the hairdresser. Not to mention doing Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars and hopefully another paid test job on an Alexa skill.

Hey I have lost 10 lbs running back and forth hiding stuff though. So there's good in no matter what circumstance.
Did you succeed? That sounds like a lot of stuff to get done but I know you'll do it!! :hugs: 👍

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stretched out my degree by taking just enough to be full time until my last year. I was working and attending another one night a week program. I figured it was better to do better than to do it quicker. I changed my degree after the first year and only some credits transferred; so it made that last year super part time. But those were the most time intensive classes so it helped in a way.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I had my first drink in like a year (mini bottle of wine) and I drank it way too fast because I know you're supposed to wait 2 hours to breastfeed, and I'm really feeling it. Hopefully I'll feel less loopy soon. :crazy:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, you don't have to wait to breastfeed. The amount of alcohol in your milk is equal to the amount in your blood. So, if you're at .02, which is legally drunk, your milk has .02% alcohol. Plain orange juice has more than that. My kids' pediatrician said I would literally kill myself with alcohol poisoning before there would be enough alcohol in my milk to have any effect on the baby.

I just saw the Johnson & Johnson is going to be testing their covid vaccine on infants soon. My reaction? Nope, nope, nope. I am not remotely antivax. My kids get all their vaccines. The ones that have been out and tested for years. But I won't have them be guinea pigs. And after the issue with J&J knowingly marketing talcum powder that contained carcinogens? I have no trust or faith in that company.

I will get the vaccine for myself when it becomes available to the general public. But my kids are not getting it until I'm sure it's safe.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oy I agree with you 100% on that Alicia88 Alicia88 !

I just took a long hot shower and finished my grocery order for the week. And I'm pretty certain that when I go pick it up tomorrow I will be stopping by the nice liqor store near the Walmart for a bottle of wine. I have some here; but not the kind I want. I don't drink wine often; but I've been in the mood for this one (it's a local one) for a bit so I'm going for it. The store I stopped at last weekend had Marsala wine and a single can of Guiness for my Corned Beef and Cabbage; but not this local wine. So I guess I get to stop at the store thats 3x bigger. Which also means I have to go kidless. ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, you don't have to wait to breastfeed. The amount of alcohol in your milk is equal to the amount in your blood. So, if you're at .02, which is legally drunk, your milk has .02% alcohol. Plain orange juice has more than that. My kids' pediatrician said I would literally kill myself with alcohol poisoning before there would be enough alcohol in my milk to have any effect on the baby.
I like the pediatrician we chose overall, but she told me to pump and dump for like 4 hours when I asked her opinion. Which seemed like overkill to me. I didn't dump anything and fed her almost two hours after my drink, and she seems fine!

I won't get the covid vaccine for J until it's proven safe for children, but there's a study suggesting the antibodies will go through breastmilk, so I figure I'll help her get some immunity to covid that way once I'm eligible for a vaccine.

And what MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles said - I hope that's not the mastitis come back.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you finally get that mastitis cleared up?
Yeah, and the clog cleared gradually.
Pumping and dumping is very outdated. It's not necessary at all. The only risk is getting too incapacitated to care for baby. I'll sometimes have a glass of wine while nursing and Ali isn't affected at all.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I literally worked my entire 8 hour shift on checking in all the items that were seized during several search warrants that the Vice Detectives performed the day before. Almost 200 items!!! My back hurt. My feet hurt. Even my brain hurt. :lol:

But no rest for the weary because as soon as I got home, I had to take my youngest for a hair cut. He hadn't had one in a year and school is about to start and he is in ROTC. His hair was long and obviously not acceptable so off it came. Son is now sporting a buzz cut. He literally went from a 12 year looking boy to an almost 17 year old looking semi-man in about 30 minutes. He looks his age again. :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.