The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, I guess filming TV shows in these COVID times must require a bit of creativity. At the end of NCIS, Gibbs kissed Sloane. . .and he stuck his hand in front of their faces and it was fairly obvious they weren't really kissing. it amused me greatly. They probably shouldn't even stick their faces that close to each other either but I suppose the show must go on.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am attempting to turn one of my favorite dinners into a crockpot meal. It has chicken, brussels sprouts, potatoes, bacon, lemon, garlic and balsamic vinegar in it and it's SUPER yummy.
Sounds amazing! Let us know how it tastes!
today was a wonderful day! i got my laundry done, got some starbucks and then bought two books at goodwill before coming home
Good to hear!:cloud9::hugs: What books did you get?
Lol, I guess filming TV shows in these COVID times must require a bit of creativity. At the end of NCIS, Gibbs kissed Sloane. . .and he stuck his hand in front of their faces and it was fairly obvious they weren't really kissing.
:flail::flail::flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It turned out SO good!! I’ll definitely make it this way again. The chicken stayed moist. The only way it could have been better would be marinating the chicken first. But the potatoes and sprouts had so much flavor I’m thinking that marinated might be too much because I thought it complimented the strong lemon/balsamic flavors.

And it was SO helpful having dinner ready and waiting tonight. I didn’t have to make another thing! :lol:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It turned out SO good!! I’ll definitely make it this way again.
Good! :hugs:
But the potatoes and sprouts had so much flavor I’m thinking that marinated might be too much because I thought it complimented the strong lemon/balsamic flavors.
My mouth is watering! 🤤
And it was SO helpful having dinner ready and waiting tonight. I didn’t have to make another thing! :lol:
I bet! So glad that it worked out!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It turned out SO good!! I’ll definitely make it this way again. The chicken stayed moist. The only way it could have been better would be marinating the chicken first. But the potatoes and sprouts had so much flavor I’m thinking that marinated might be too much because I thought it complimented the strong lemon/balsamic flavors.
That sounds amazing! How long do you cook it?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds amazing! How long do you cook it?
It was done in 7 hours. I temperature checked the chicken because they were thick chicken breasts but I also didn’t want it overcooked and risk drying it out.

The crock is starting to wear out but I’m hesitant to replace it yet because I’m so familiar with how this one cooks. I really do love my crockpots. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today was a wonderful day! i got my laundry done, got some starbucks and then bought two books at goodwill before coming home

Good to hear!:cloud9::hugs: What books did you get?

:flail::flail::flail:

Wow, sounds delicious! Any recipe by any chance...?? If you feel like sharing :)

That's what's on my mind. Bacon. And mine is frozen. By tomorrow, it may not be on my mind anymore. But...
This made me think of the chocolate covered roses I have last month. So good! Any special plans for your bacon?

BellaGooch BellaGooch i got a book about cats and a historical novel from the goodwill . i can get up to 4 books for a dollar there
Sounds like some good finds! What is the cat book about? Last time I bought books was up at school. I haven't read them all, haha, but maybe it is time I start reading them! You are right though, cannot beat the prices there! Although I don't know if I've seen them quite that cheap at second hand stores around here.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering why I feel so cold. It's 67 degrees and after the -20 windchills a few weeks ago you'd think I'd feel like pulling out the swim suit. Nice sunny day, earned my money for the day and getting ready to do some yard work, with 3 helpers of course :rolleyes:

Also I need help in remaining positive. It's hard when everything starts to go wrong but I'm trying to see what karmic debt I have to learn (please if you do not believe in karma do not respond to this as such). So I enlisted a few friends to remind me when I start to panic. Ok well the yardwork isn't going to do itself

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Venturing down to the basement with anxiety and manual in hand to see if I can get the blade changed on the miter saw. I am not good on mechanical but I really need the new blade so I can start working on the birdhouses I planned to make.

Update: It took me forever but the new blade is on!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
:)make sure you wear safety glasses when you make your cuts
Absolutely, never go without them on any project work. A few years ago they saved me a broken nose or worse. I was working in the garage, using a hammer claw to pull out a large nail that was about forehead height. The nail suddenly let loose and the head of hammer flew back into my face. Fortunately it caught the bridge of my safety glasses, breaking them instead of my nose.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, sounds delicious! Any recipe by any chance...?? If you feel like sharing :)
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes

I always make waaay more of the brussels sprouts and potatoes so I either double or tripple the sauce part. They go well as a side dish for other meals so I like the leftovers. I've also made them without chicken on top and it's good but the chicken makes it much better. I can't always find bone-in chicken breasts so usually I do boneless and just cook it less. DD was looking for the leftovers for lunch today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! Did you add balsamic to the recipe? Not sure if I see it on the ingredient list, and the combo of lemon and balsamic made my mouth water! 🙂
Yes I forgot about that. I love the way balsamic vinegar works with the lemon and brussels sprouts. Usually I don't add it; but this time I did and it was very good! Normally I use balsamic vinegar if I'm going to roast a pan of brussels sprouts so I just combined it a bit. I didn't even measure anything to be honest. I've made this a bunch of times so I just whipped it up. :lol:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John's playing music and commented on my "sheltered" aka controlling upbringing and how I wasn't allowed to listen to a lot of things and he looked at Ali and said, " You can listen to whatever you want to." And I said, "I feel like we have to draw the line somewhere. I mean, kpop?"

Status
Not open for further replies.