The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
All electronics broke on me. Spectrum let me down with services although we pay monthly. Cams don't work, phones don't work, and it's a nice day in St Louis. I'm through. It's over. No more. I'm sick and tired of devices and gadgets. Constant stress. To b honest I give up. Not worth fighting anymore. And companies refuse to help. Fighting PayPal all week. Going round and round with Apple over texts not coming through. Cams won't load and work. Nothing Nada. I've reached the final straw, the breaking point. :(

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All electronics broke on me. Spectrum let me down with services although we pay monthly. Cams don't work, phones don't work, and it's a nice day in St Louis. I'm through. It's over. No more. I'm sick and tired of devices and gadgets. Constant stress. To b honest I give up. Not worth fighting anymore. And companies refuse to help. Fighting PayPal all week. Going round and round with Apple over texts not coming through. Cams won't load and work. Nothing Nada. I've reached the final straw, the breaking point. :(
It's so hard fighting on your own when everyone and everything seems to be against you! I'm so very sorry! :hugs:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
soldierwar
No you're not done. Take a break from all of it for a few days. Mend the muscle.
You're a fighter but even the fiercest need a break at times. :hugs:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very very very unhappy right now. The phone/s that I use to make money with so I can feed the cats and be online is missing. And I have it silenced as most calls are from these offers I complete (you know so I can get paid). Now how can I lose a phone in 3 small rooms is beyond me. I'm crying horribly over this situation. :(

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very very very unhappy right now. The phone/s that I use to make money with so I can feed the cats and be online is missing. And I have it silenced as most calls are from these offers I complete (you know so I can get paid). Now how can I lose a phone in 3 small rooms is beyond me. I'm crying horribly over this situation. :(
You are right - you cannot lose a phone in 3 small rooms. But you'll not find it even if it's right in front of your eyes unless you relax.
Forget the phone, make yourself a coffee (tea, whatever you fancy), go for a walk, read something amusing, look at old photos....... do anything to take your mind off that damn phone!

When you've stopped crying and panicking and your blood pressure is back to normal, you can systematically start searching. As soon as you feel helpless again, take a long break until you are 100% ready to carry on searching calmly from where you left off.

I wish I could help you. My sister, living in another country from me, is also in your situation - bad health, responsible for too many stray cats, no money and a lost phone! If it wasn't for COVID 19 I'd be flying over to help her!

These are bad times for those struggling on their own. Hope you find that phone!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
No you're not done. Take a break from all of it for a few days. Mend the muscle.
You're a fighter but even the fiercest need a break at times. :hugs:
Uhm sadly when you need money that can't be done. Remember if you do not work you also shall not eat.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
@

No social security between you and your mom?
I'm not begging off of MOm. I got into debt, no one else is supposed to get me out. And I follow Suze Orman's teachings of do not collect SS until age 70 because you get more. Besides, even with Social Security again if I do not work I do not eat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I follow Suze Orman's teachings of do not collect SS until age 70 because you get more.
There are many different schools of thought about that, it might be wise to consult a financial advisor (senior centers sometimes have free consultations available). Sometimes it's in your best financial interests to collect earlier. And regardless of the financial pros/cons, if you starve or die of stress before age 70 you won't collect any of it :tongue: .

(My parents started collecting SS in the past few years, under age 70, so that's why I've thought about it.)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not begging off of MOm. I got into debt, no one else is supposed to get me out. And I follow Suze Orman's teachings of do not collect SS until age 70 because you get more. Besides, even with Social Security again if I do not work I do not eat.
Apply for food stamps then maybe? And recognize that delaying social security you are making a choice that makes your life harder until then.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf , it's called "making haste slowly." You do need a break, even if it isn't a few days. And obviously something is still working or you wouldn't be able to get on TCS. So take a break! Watch a Simon's Cat video, have a cup of whatever you like to drink, play some music, read your favorite passage from your favorite book, whatever makes you feel better. Then you can return to the fight, refreshed and hopeful, and with a better chance of prevailing.

Margret

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered from a Mexican place we hadn't tried before this evening, and despite putting "no tomatoes" in the notes for my chimichanga, it still annoyingly came with tomatoes.

The large horchata is roughly the size of my head, though, so no complaints on that one!

The weather was soooo nice today. We took a long walk this afternoon. Which J once again mostly slept through.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf QUOTE="Willowy, post: 5315046, member: 34590"]
There are many different schools of thought about that, it might be wise to consult a financial advisor (senior centers sometimes have free consultations available). Sometimes it's in your best financial interests to collect earlier. And regardless of the financial pros/cons, if you starve or die of stress before age 70 you won't collect any of it :tongue: .
[/QUOTE]

I think Willowy has the right idea. At least think about it and the idea of talking with a professional is spot on. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.