The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have siblings?
Nope. Only child. I guess that's a reason I'm pretty much a loner as I grew up learning to amuse myself.

Yesterday it was 65 degrees. Last week it was 4 degrees. Right now the temps are 55. That's the thing about St Louis. If you don't like the weather, stick around and it will change in 5 minutes.

Today I'm going to try to cat proof parts of the basement without Mom figuring out what I'm doing. That way I can sneak Tourmaline inside. Getting ready to scream at trash pickup. They haven't picked up yard waste yet and it took me 45 minutes to drag it around the front for pickup. GRRRR

Pitching stuff that I haven't used in 6 months. If it's not seasonal and I haven't used in 6 months I most likely never will and in the trash or to charity it goes. I'm wanting to eventually live a minimalist lifestyle. The cams I do need for security and staying alive reasons though. I have a lot on my plate for today.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have aunts, uncles, cousins who are willing to help with your mother?
They're all dead or don't care. Sorry if I didn't mention this before. My Mom is 97 years old. All her brothers (she had no sisters) are gone for 15 years now. Her nephews and nieces don't care about her except one in California who can't travel due to handicap. My Dad's family considered us no longer family when Dad passed away. All of Mom's friends are also dead and buried for 15 to 20 years.

Right now though we're trying to figure out why USPS is not delivering mail for weeks in our area and why our trash pickup seems to have stopped. Ridiculous I have to live here. Trash people literally said "Tough luck. We have other things to do. It can take 5 days to resolve the no pickup." What the heck?

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My leg hasn't changed since I last posted about it. It hasn't gotten worse, but it hasn't gotten better either.
I'd call. When my brother had his dvt, he had pain for several weeks before he got it checked out and he was able to be cured, but I wouldn't risk waiting and hoping that's the case if it is a clot.

Obviously, I'm hoping for like a pulled muscle. Or once I got a bruise on my hip and the swollen tissue was pushing into the sciatic nerve and I had pain for a few weeks until it went down. That was annoying but not serious. But I hope it's something like that.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I have a company that's refusing to pay me. Can this year get any worse? I really do need the money, which is why I sit here for 19 hours a day. They claim PayPal is refusing my payment and there is no longer a way to get through to pay by phone. What a horrible situation. I do not work for free and then this happens. :(

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ready for your daily dose of toddler hilarity?

Aedan likes to dump his potty in the toilet. Sometimes, he'll decide to do it later, I guess. John got up with the kids this morning and when I got up, there was pee in the potty and Aedan was watching cartoons. So I told John to go dump the potty, but do it quietly so Aedan didn't notice. He did and about 10 minutes later, Aedan goes to the potty. "Pee's gone! Daddy did it! Naughty Daddy!"

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you totally out of lockdown? Will there be a vaccine available?
We have just started vaccinations and compulsory wearimg of masks in my state ends this Friday ..other states slightly ahead of us because here they keep screwing up quaratine but we have no cases except returning overseas travelers.
No lockdown but restrictions on crowd gathering.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We discovered a leak under my kids bathroom sink at bedtime tonight. This is either the 3rd or 4th time we’ve had a sink leak! Fortunately the big pack of TP under there was only wet on the outside! No TP lost! Only one roll of paper towels got wet. And it was the cheap kind! :crazy: Everything else under there will be ok. DH figured out it came from the cold water line (which also failed under my sink!) so they only have the hot tap on for now. The sink is so far from the water heater it won’t get too hot in the time it takes to wash their hands. DH can fix it this weekend.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I can't sign into my yahoo. Stupid Apple iphone erased all my data. Ugh I need in there to make money or I won't be able to pay internet :(

Now Amazon and Wyze cams are not intergrating. What the heck is going on here. Amazon blames Wyze. Wyze blames Amazon

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The pain has localized above a vein. It doesn't look abnormal, but I'll get it checked out on Monday. My mom says it's possible I've inherited her poor veins.
Hey, I am going to pipe in with my own opinion, sorry: It think you need to get that checked out. If it is has localized over a vein; the it is very worrisome to me..

You should really have an ultrasound of your veins, to check for clot. It does not have to be a completely obstructing one. It can still be a clot... better to be safe than sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Status
Not open for further replies.