The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to take everyone (who doesn't think wearing a mask is necessary) on a lovely tour of my work...
Ugh, I wish you could. Here in CA cases are very high, but a lot of these people refuse to admit that it’s anything more than just a flu or that anyone’s dying from it, when we know people firsthand who have passed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to be like "Dude, I wore a mask during labor. I actually slept in it once the epidural kicked in. I think you can handle a short grocery trip." to the antimaskers I know, but I think most of the people who say they can't really mean they don't want to.

In other news, it's supposed to break 40 here tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to be like "Dude, I wore a mask during labor. I actually slept in it once the epidural kicked in. I think you can handle a short grocery trip."
I think most of the people who say they can't really mean they don't want to.
Seriously. It isn’t going to kill you to put a mask on for a few minutes, but it could kill someone else.
In other news, it's supposed to break 40 here tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it.
It was in the high 40s today! It was glorious.
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying warmer weather!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my mail carrier went downtown and noticed stacks of mail and packages that were not being delivered. I really like her and if she at age 66 can do mail delivery and not be in the best of health, then someone in their 20s should be able to. Our local channel 5 last night reported on Clayton, MO (still part of St Louis) that has not had mail delivery for 2 weeks. The weather and the pandemic have taken a toll on everything. Anyway my spotlight came and everything is set up for when dangerous nutso comes back through, if he does. If not I guess it will just capture a raccoon selfie lol

My motto usually is "If I die I die and it's just my time" but with caring for Mom and the cats I have to put that motto on the back burner for awhile. So I have to somehow drag myself to get checked out as much as I hate going.

My Mom is still worried that I'm hurting "Alexa's feelings" for yelling at her all the time. She doesn't get it. I told her Alexa is my Echo Show (a computer) but Mom doesn't understand.

I'm scheduling an appointment to have myself checked for Alz. I'm getting forgetful and doing stupid things (more so than usual) and this is the one fear of mine that overpowers everything. You can chop off my arms and legs but losing my mind is the one thing that really scares me to no end.

I would quote Ozzy Osbourne on that but not sure if that's allowed for a full quote.
What happened at Urgent Care?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
What happened at Urgent Care?
It was a strained muscle and the only thing is time. Sadly I can't and won't take meds for pain as I don't like the reflux that comes from. So I rested the leg. The chills were just because of the cold. We're up to 65 degrees today and no more chills. I'm still not driving though til the soreness is totally gone. Like I keep saying if I fall at home the only one I'm hurting is me but if I drive and get a spasm I could not only hurt myself but hurt someone else too. So Instacart it is for awhile. Doesn't bother me. I hate going out anywhere anyway unless I absolutely have to.

And as usual Mom throwing her usual stupid tantrums over these cams. I charge by solar power bank and she's screaming it will raise her electric bill. Huh? And why she is so set against cams. I asked her why she dislikes them so much and she starts screaming "It's my house. I don't have to tell YOU, you little B why I don't like the cams. My rules or leave." Cam? little tiny cams that can barely be seen across the yard and she's throwing tantrums over. The woman needs to be committed before I just up and leave and the heck with her or what happens. I'm quickly reaching that point right now. I'm 65 years old. I have no idea how many more years I have left. I may live to be 100 or I may live to be 67. None of us know but kind of a given at my age your days are very much numbered. I'd like to spend these last days whether 5 days or 365 x 25 in peace and not stressed out all the time. Sorry for the vent.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why people have made covid a political thing. It's so dumb. We were fortunate in that it didn't really hit us until late fall. We had a small handful of cases, but we felt safe enough to let our kids play with all the neighborhood kids over the summer. Now, we've been hit hard. I don't take the kids anywhere except checkups. When John or I go out, we social distance and wear masks. We rarely go out.

John and I tried for a Valentine's Day date night. We ordered a nice dinner, delivered to us, and started watching Willy's Wonderland. His mom and aunt had the kids. We only got about half an hour in before Ali decided she wasn't having it anymore and we had to go get them. We finally got to finish it tonight.

Willy's Wonderland - Awesome movie!

But it left some unanswered questions. Nicholas Cage's character - the janitor - there's some kind of history. I know there is. He didn't just walk in blind. He knew what was coming. He wasn't a bit surprised. He was expecting it. He was prepared.

P.S. I absolutely love Nicolas Cage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Feel better! I had food poisoning, once... that was enough. Do you know what it may be from? Mine was from a chicken salad sandwich, I got in the hospital cafeteria!! I know it was from that, because I had nothing else to eat. I was not even done with the sandwich, when I was sick.... It was horrible..

Needless to say, it was a long time.. even now, I am leery of chicken salad, unless it is my own...

(((HUGS)))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, my regular is leaving the practice.. ugh..
She referred us to another Vet, but she does not do dental!! Geoffrey has FORLS!
A different Vet would have to do any future dentals.... dam..

The dentist in Boston is at least a 6 month waiting period..

But, re the VEt.. I know I can alway have Dr B as a regular Vet.. but Angel is on the other side of Boston.. Traffic is horrendous..Traffic Jams, gridlock, etc..... but he is so so so good... dam..

Geoffrey is not due for a check-up, until November.. sigh..

Do I go in, just for a visit, to meet the new (to us) local Vet, wait until November.. or just change over, now... dam..

Life can be so difficult.. I hate making major decisions.. Dr B has always been my second opinion. I trust him immensely..

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was in the high 40s today! It was glorious. Last Tuesday it was -27. Ah, a South Dakota spring, lol.
Isn't it beautiful! Feels like spring, haha. It is supposed to be in the 40's all week. Today and yesterday I opened the living room window for a bit to get some fresh air and the kitties are enjoying staring out the window, too.

i was in the hospital this morning thinking it was my crohns flaring up but they said it was food poisoning and put me on bed rest
How are you this morning? Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.