The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting ready to walk the 2 miles to Walgreen's urgent care. It's 45 degrees and I have my cane but not taking a chance on driving. Maybe the walk will do it good? That's why I had Instacart on Friday because I don't trust myself driving feeling like this. But I need to get to someone. I'm getting the chills to bone again. I just hope I don't have to go to hospital or Mom is left all by herself with relatives who don't care about her. Never have. :(

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think sometimes just putting your feet up for a few minutes of quiet is more restful than when you try to sleep too but only get a few minutes. I tried to do that Friday and ended up falling asleep instead and waking up was not fun. I was out of it. It felt like my body was saying "why are you torturing me!?!" :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quiet? What's that?
It's relative. I slept through a Nerf Gun battle and some preteen melodramatics. :crazy:

Although they know if they leave me alone I can't assign chores or give lesson instructions.

Telling them that when I wake up we are going to clean gets them a bit quieter if they can help themselves. :crazy:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel a little better today, but then it's almost 55 degrees already. Needing to fix my basement up though. Other than that a lot of sorrow the past day. Also I keep messing up with my postings on here. We have some very patient mods to put up with me. :(

Getting very very very close to throwing and breaking things around here. Every darn time I order something from Wyze Smart Post loses it. And this was before the pandemic.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mentally preparing for the second visit to the Alzheimer aunties this week to bring groceries and help her find her bills and get them paid. She was recently diagnosed, with 50% of her brain lost already, but family (not me) aren’t ready to force her into care. So in the meantime I am trying to see she has food and her finances don’t get too awful. Like my mom she is a hoarder and finding a single thing can take hours. Doesn’t work well with my need for visual neat and tidy so I need to brace myself for every visit.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really going to start breaking stuff around here if USPS doesn't deliver my V3 spotlight. What the heck is wrong with them? Every time for 15 years they lose my packages or hold it for weeks. I'm trying to set up cam so that dangerous man can be caught on and the spotlight catches him if he comes again. :(

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 4 - No accidents

This worked because I gave him complete control. I brought the potty out of the bathroom. I don't ask him if he needs to go or remind him. I just sit back and let him do it. He's in charge. I'm scared of the teenage years.

I hope he keeps this up when I start putting him in underwear. They're due to arrive Wednesday.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Day 4 - No accidents

This worked because I gave him complete control. I brought the potty out of the bathroom. I don't ask him if he needs to go or remind him. I just sit back and let him do it. He's in charge. I'm scared of the teenage years.

I hope he keeps this up when I start putting him in underwear. They're due to arrive Wednesday.
I found phrasing things so its ds’s idea helped. Like “Wow you’re doing so many big boy things; i guess its time to give you big boy underwear like daddy!” My stubborn boy needed me to act like he wasn’t doing things because I wanted him to. :lol: I guess big boys don’t are in charge of their potty business.:lol: Someone told me boys really respond to responsibility; but I haven’t fully see that inDS. He does think its cool to take the trash out. But that was always DHs job and he adores DH at the moment.:rolleyes2: He’s stubborn but still very affectionate with me. Such a confliction after giving me grief.:lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my mail carrier went downtown and noticed stacks of mail and packages that were not being delivered. I really like her and if she at age 66 can do mail delivery and not be in the best of health, then someone in their 20s should be able to. Our local channel 5 last night reported on Clayton, MO (still part of St Louis) that has not had mail delivery for 2 weeks. The weather and the pandemic have taken a toll on everything. Anyway my spotlight came and everything is set up for when dangerous nutso comes back through, if he does. If not I guess it will just capture a raccoon selfie lol

My motto usually is "If I die I die and it's just my time" but with caring for Mom and the cats I have to put that motto on the back burner for awhile. So I have to somehow drag myself to get checked out as much as I hate going.

My Mom is still worried that I'm hurting "Alexa's feelings" for yelling at her all the time. She doesn't get it. I told her Alexa is my Echo Show (a computer) but Mom doesn't understand.

I'm scheduling an appointment to have myself checked for Alz. I'm getting forgetful and doing stupid things (more so than usual) and this is the one fear of mine that overpowers everything. You can chop off my arms and legs but losing my mind is the one thing that really scares me to no end.

I would quote Ozzy Osbourne on that but not sure if that's allowed for a full quote.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems so petty and silly to lose friends over opinions about Covid. I’m more of a masker than all of my friends, and I’ve definitely gotten the cold shoulder from some of them because I think that you should be courteous of other people and wear masks and follow the mandate. I don’t think it’s right to judge someone or emotionally distance yourself from them because they don’t have the same opinions on everything. 😔

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
It seems so petty and silly to lose friends over opinions about Covid. I’m more of a masker than all of my friends, and I’ve definitely gotten the cold shoulder from some of them because I think that you should be courteous of other people and wear masks and follow the mandate. I don’t think it’s right to judge someone or emotionally distance yourself from them because they don’t have the same opinions on everything. 😔
I'd love to take everyone (who doesn't think wearing a mask is necessary) on a lovely tour of my work...

Status
Not open for further replies.