The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oy. I tried several bottles with DD when we were still trying to get her to nurse. Some were supposed to help her learn to latch. Nope. :rolleyes2: I just threw out most of those when we cleaned out the garage last year. :lol:
Even though I fed her right before I went to get ashes yesterday and I was gone less than an hour, J, who I had just gotten to sleep, decided to wake up, need a diaper change and then cry like crazy. There was less than an ounce left from the haakaa in an avent natural bottle I'd gotten in one of my registry goody bags and my husband was frustrated she wasn't getting anything out of it and poked a bunch of holes in the nipple. (I had managed to get her to take about half an ounce from that one when she was in a good mood).

He's lucky that was one of the free sample bottles and not the comotomos I actually purchased. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, for women, usually a Pap smear which is important for cancer prevention. They will check to see if your immunizations are up to date and will want you to schedule a mammogram
I haven't had a pap smear since my gyn retired 30 years ago. 0ne doctor told me I didn't need one because I was not sexualy active.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I fed her right before I went to get ashes yesterday and I was gone less than an hour, J, who I had just gotten to sleep, decided to wake up, need a diaper change and then cry like crazy. There was less than an ounce left from the haakaa in an avent natural bottle I'd gotten in one of my registry goody bags and my husband was frustrated she wasn't getting anything out of it and poked a bunch of holes in the nipple. (I had managed to get her to take about half an ounce from that one when she was in a good mood).

He's lucky that was one of the free sample bottles and not the comotomos I actually purchased. :lol:
DD used to cry EVERY week when I went grocery shopping. She was bottle fed at that point and ate just fine for anyone so it wasn't even hunger. :lol: But that was how i got "me" time every week. And every week DH would be texting me because she was crying. Have you seen that video of the little baby who stops crying when the dad gave him one of mom's unwashed shirts to snuggle? I wish we'd tried that with her.

Fortunately DS was much easier with going to different people. DD wasn't THAT bad; but she did spend about a year crying every time I dropped her off at the church nursery. Not for the whole service; but initially. I trusted the nursery lady 110% and she would send a teen if a parent was needed; but she'd been doing that so long she knew when they just needed some reassurance and help with their feelings. :hearthrob:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is heavy today. Some friends have an old kitty who was taken to the ER as they were worried. They will be putting her down this evening. It makes me so sad. I don't want to bother them too much as if it were me I'd probably want my space to grieve, but it is also hard to let them know to reach out if they need anything and then give them that space. I will be checking in with them later today just to let them know they are cared for if I don't hear from them before that.

The whole winter I've had all the vents closed downstairs where I've been staying. Most of the time it was warm as when the furnace runs the heat the furnace generates infiltrates and keeps the temps pretty warm. This past week though it has become more chilly during the day downstairs, and I finally cracked 1 vent open in the living room right above where I sit at the computer. The warm air feels nice and cozy when the heater is running!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Being in this program has made me paranoid about all the plastics we use on a daily basis. It's reached the point of paranoia and anxiety. I'm worry about every little piece I throw away and how it'll have an impact on the environment. We have a materials and manufacturing course and we're learning about all the different types of plastics that exist in the world in depth and it's so concerning. I wonder what I can do to overcome this. Sometimes plastic is hard to avoid.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a really wrong answer. As long as you have a cervix you need annual Pap smears.
Yikes I've never heard that either. Some say you can go every 3 if you've had the gardasil; but I think they still prefer you to go yearly.
Just anothef one of my crazy post.

My GP told me that last year. I didn't really believe him but he was a good doctor
and I trusted him. I always detested having pap smears and unless I start having problems I am not going to have any more. I have enough health issues to deal with right now.

Here is another bizarre post:
A women I used to know was so embarrassed about having a pap smear her doctor would have to have her put to sleep before he could do a pap smare.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My GP told me that last year. I didn't really believe him but he was a good doctor
and I trusted him. I always detested having pap smears and unless I start having problems I am not going to have any more. I have enough health issues to deal with right now.
I can understand that. I missed for several years when my kids were little. Its not fun and finding a sitter was a bigger hassle back then. Almost as much as it is now with covid. Once my kids got old enough for tablets it got easier to bring them along; but there are some things they just aren’t welcome to tag along for. :lol:

My mother broke her upper arm not quite 2 years ago and ended up having a plate put in. She wasn’t back to work for six months or so. But I was at her house not long after the surgery and she opened the mail to find a note that she was due for a colonoscopy. She was like “I’ve had enough violation for one year.” :flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just anothef one of my crazy post.

Here is another bizarre post:
A women I used to know was so embarrassed about having a pap smear her doctor would have to have her put to sleep before he could do a pap smare.
The problem is that cervical cancer doesn’t have any symptoms until it is quite advanced, so by the time you notice anything it can be a killer. I had precancer cells when I was in my early twenties and went through several treatments and two biopsies. Learned a lot waiting for my results.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurting today again pretty bad. It was ok yesterday so not sure why I'm in such pain today. Going to see if Instacart can deliver a wrap as well as more biofreeze to put around the pulled muscle til I can get some selfless person to drive me to urgent care. Sheesh I wear 3 masks when I go out. But Mom needs help. The cats need to be cared for and housework needs to be done. I can't just lay here hurting for the next 35 year when I turn 100 years old. :(

Mom is screaming at me calling me names because of my injury. Well if evil woman wasn't insistent on her precious cheeseburgers from McDonalds last week maybe I wouldn't have this injury. I'm about ready to break something in this house out of frustration over her stupid tantrums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.