The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the snow forecast went from 6-12+ inches, yesterday; 4-6 inches today.... What gives??

That is positive though... we will see which is correct... only time will tell... Tomorrow is snow day.. and Tuesday..

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Weel, the snow forecast went from 6-12+ inches, yesterday/// tp 4-6 inches today.... What gives??
Rain mixing in. They said the snow may be the consistency of wet concrete. :ohwell: They also said they have no idea where the rain/snow line is going to be. :rolleyes2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain mixing in. They said the snow may be the consistency of wet concrete. :ohwell: They also said they have no idea where the rain/snow line is going to be. :rolleyes2:
Gross... Heavy, Wet Snow. :shocked:.. the worst.... YUCK.... I am right on the coast, so we may get the concrete snow.. yuck.... :jawdrop:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week, I disappeared entirely and spent the week cleaning/organizing my entire apartment. The best thing is, my office is now so pretty and uncluttered that I'm working from there again, instead of on a TV tray in the living room. I can't begin to tell you all how peaceful my home feels to me! And Hekitty is ecstatic! She can now flop out on the office daybed and demand pats from me while I'm answering emails and posting here.
That sounds absolutely lovely! My surroundings can really affect me, too. I've been wanting to clean, but feeling overwhelmed trying to get started. I know I just need to dig in and get the process started and it will flow, but it is getting to that point. Maybe your sense of relief and peace will help motivate me to get mine started!

What location in the office is the office daybed? My Isabelle loves to sit in front of my computer monitor and gets annoyed I won't let her stay. I try to put her in my lap, but she often goes right back... Unfortunately she is not a kitty bed kitty. Hmmm... maybe if I set up a folded towel for her though... :idea:

I've never cared too much about clothes, but I was talking to a friend and they said that cultivating my own style might go a long way towards letting me stop caring so much about what other people think of me. I should be able to *enjoy* what I wear.

I've decided to take their advice.
How neat! Have you narrowed in on any styles so far?

Wearing clothes that feel like you can be a confidence booster. I remember at college when my weight dropped enough to fit into my tripp baggy, gothic chain paints... wearing them again made me feel so cute! My style is mainly tomboyish with wearing guy shorts and t-shirts. I also love girly things, like short skirts and fluffy petty coats under lolita style or other poofy skirts. It has been a while since wearing those though since being a higher weight my thighs rub together more and I prefer not to wear tights, etc. to prevent rub burns. I do find gothic style super cute, but harder to find affordable clothes and my budget is always on the cheaper end. Through high school I always wanted a baggy pair of chain pants, but they often cost closer to $50. The store is closed now, but there was a store called Value City that had lots of clothes. I found the baggy chain pants there when in my earlier twenties and they were only ~$20!!! SOLD! They also fit my butt well and are slightly low cut so lay an inch or two below my belly button. It is hard for me to find pants that fit so well, so it is always a pleasure when I can fit into those pants to wear! Makes me feel so cute and stylish!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Crying as it seems Tourmaline will never ever return. I called for her, set out her favorite food and nothing. Nada. Zilch. Guess she went to join all the other cats who left me last year and not returned. Yet no one in my neighborhood cares. No one in my neighborhood even tells me if they saw these cats. I'm so sad. :(

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend and I are both interested in continuing our weekly art and chat video chats. It feels great to have something scheduled and have been enjoying getting to know her on a deeper level. Makes me feel a bit more back to "normal" having more interaction with people in ways other than texting.

I knitted this last time while she painted.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What location in the office is the office daybed?
IMG_0223.jpg
LOL, please ignore the overflowing waste basket! See? All I have to do is reach out and touch someone! I thought about rearranging all of the furniture, but was told that there would be riots and pillaging!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 368766
LOL, please ignore the overflowing waste basket! See? All I have to do is reach out and touch someone! I thought about rearranging all of the furniture, but was told that there would be riots and pillaging!
Your room looks so cozy, especially with the kitty.on the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.