The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ran to the store in the blizzard for cat food before I had to wind up enrolling in the witness protection plan. lol It was supposed to be a nice day and I was going to get the food when getting our pizza tonight (right next door to each other) but then this happens. What a mess

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like maple syrup mixed in with natural peanut butter. On more than one occasion I have been know to go through a whole jar in one sitting.
Maranatha makes Maple Almond Butter that is SO good! I get it at Walmart.,
Anyone else eat nutella out of the jar?? That is more my style. :)
I’ve done that too. Sometimes I just need something sweet and chocolatey!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Horrible snow right now. Tourmaline disappeared. I'm crying big time because this is her first winter outside. No one in my area helps. They don't care. I'm so sad. Remember she's a dumped pet. She wasn't born feral like Treasure and Sopdet :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
And Tourmaline disappeared again. Sorry, but this is her first winter outside. I'm just very worried for her. She's not used to this like Treasure and Sopdet. Just hope she's somewhere warm or has the sense to go somewhere warm, whether here are a neighbors yard. Do cats (like Tourmaline) know to go somewhere warm? Bear in mind she's acting more like Treasure every day though.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked on my "cat rearing reset" yesterday. Found new homes for the unused cat beds that were taking up space. Tossed the water fountain and replaced with bowl. No matter how much I soaked the filter, it would still get residue in the water. Updated my "Favorites" on my Chewy account to the four core brands I know Boone and Gracie will eat and deleted all the "want to try eventually" ones. Also going to ditch the Swheat litter and go back to clay (only one litter box had the Swheat anyway). Woke up this morning to Boone and Gracie eating the litter!! Plus having to let it sit in the toilet for a period of time before flushing since we have a septic tank was a pain. Will have to come up with another solution for not having turds in the bathroom trash can.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Tourmaline is ok. It got down to 15 degrees with a 4 degree windchill. I'm not sure where she goes when she's not here but she obviously found a warm spot. Sopdet is still in the winter shelter, not wanting to come out to eat. haha

Am I weird or am I just getting used to the cold weather because it really doesn't feel like it's that cold.

Editing to add: It seems that people find anything to whine about. Yes I know me with the cats but I think that's a lot more justified then the commenters complaining about Amanda Gorman reciting poetry about three honorary captains who served during the pandemic at Super Bowl LV. I honestly think it's wonderful and I don't recall there being any stipulation that poetry can only be recited in coffee shops or book stores. The piece with the complainers is here:

and here is the news article.

Amanda Gorman, inaugural poet, to recite original piece at Super Bowl LV

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so hard to find a decent backpack:gaah: The one I'm currently using is about 5 years old falling apart, mostly on the inside due to me stuffing things in and out of the internal pockets daily. The backpack has always had annoying design flaws like the zippers keep getting stuck on the fabric and the bag is not water resistant despite the polyester / nylon material. I was gifted a Patagonia backpack for Christmas but it's too small to hold everything I need to commute to and from work. I just bought an Osprey backpack that's on sale and is similar in size to my old one. Until it arrives, I can keep using the old backpack. The Patagonia I'll keep.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I think whoever decided to have someone recide poetry at the Super Bowl doesn't know how to read the room, lol. Football fans and poetry fans don't usually overlap. But hey, they can stand a few minutes of boredom, boo hoo.
Yea but certainly nothing to sit and complain about especially since the remote has a mute button on it

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People will complain about anything. Whining only gets you attention for so long with me. My kids even learned that early. But I do agree that poetry and football are an odd combination. But I don’t watch anyway so I don’t particularly care one way or the other. :lol2:

Its windy today and it’s blowing away all the straw in my backyard. Its always windy here though so I don’t know if it would even stick long enough to help my grass regrow in the spring.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
People will complain about anything. Whining only gets you attention for so long with me. My kids even learned that early. But I do agree that poetry and football are an odd combination. But I don’t watch anyway so I don’t particularly care one way or the other. :lol2:

Its windy today and it’s blowing away all the straw in my backyard. Its always windy here though so I don’t know if it would even stick long enough to help my grass regrow in the spring.
I'm of mindset that rock bands have nothing to do with football either, but that's me. I do tend to have an open mind even thought I don't watch sports.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I watch either the puppy bowl or the kitten bowl. Either way she is a good poet but then I also write poetry (free verse and my poetry is a lot like Jim Morrison's)

Tourmaline is so big that a small dog came to sniff her, started to bark and growl. She got up, stretched, looked at him. The dog noticed her size, wimpered and ran off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.