The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at this cute heart shaped pasta for Valentine's Day at Aldi. I would love these, since I don't like chocolate.
View attachment 368004
So cute! I really enjoy seeing all your fun foods you find! Thank you for always sharing all the neat foods you find!

I remember when my mom bought my (now ex) boyfriend some fun shaped pasta when buying gifts for everyone while on vacation, but did not realize they were *male genital* shaped at the time. She was soooo embarrassed, but I assured her it would be perfect for him and he would love it! He had a funny sense of humor and he thought it was hilarious, haha.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any track experts here? I found this pawprint near my house. It doesn't look like a dog/coyote pawprint to me. The guys I work with (who are the outdoorsy sorts) say it could be a bobcat print. They aren't super common around here but not too rare either. But it was pretty close to the house and I don't know if a bobcat would do that. It was in a sheltered spot, any other prints got blown over so I couldn't see how the animal walked. Any thoughts?

20210105_173526.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I would have paid more attention to my Dad. If he was still alive he'd be able to tell. He was good at that sort of thing.

Took yard waste out front tonight to be picked up tomorrow and as much as I love Tourmaline she is always under my feet. I accidentally kicked in the head as I didn't see her dart in front of me and then almost tripped and fell. What is it about cats getting under your feet all the time?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I start my bachelor's on the 1st. I'm feeling so nervous. I'm not smart enough for this.
Yes, you are. Give yourself credit. YOU CAN DO THIS!

What is it about cats getting under your feet all the time?
Apparently, it's in their job description, and they take it very seriously!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats were run off by raccoons this morning. They weren't hurt but were run off at 1am and haven't returned. Which is odd because this is the time Treasure is yowling at the door to eat. There were 10 of them ganging up on 3 cats. I'm so sad. :(

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I start my bachelor's on the 1st. I'm feeling so nervous. I'm not smart enough for this.
I felt the same way about getting my Masters. Once you start it, that fear will skip away. You've got this!

Any track experts here? I found this pawprint near my house. It doesn't look like a dog/coyote pawprint to me. The guys I work with (who are the outdoorsy sorts) say it could be a bobcat print. They aren't super common around here but not too rare either. But it was pretty close to the house and I don't know if a bobcat would do that. It was in a sheltered spot, any other prints got blown over so I couldn't see how the animal walked. Any thoughts?

View attachment 368025
I don't think it's a bobcat. They almost always leave claw spots with their prints. It's really hard to tell in snow because it can blow/melt, unlike mud or dirt.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a bobcat. They almost always leave claw spots with their prints.
I thought felines don't leave claw spots and canines did? They just had a thing in the newspaper about someone finding a cougar track and how to tell the difference between a cougar and a large dog, that's why my coworkers said they thought it could be a bobcat instead of a dog or coyote (but they admitted they're not good at tracking unless they can see the full track to see how the animal walks). Or do bobcats have weird claws?

I should really put up some cameras.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Blizzard and no cats. They won't be able to eat for a day or more because of the raccoon situation and weather thing. Treasure and Sopdet will be fine as they spent 6 winters outside. It's Tourmaline I'm worried about. I may never see her again (just like 8 other cats totally disappeared almost a year ago never to return) :(

Ahh, Tourmaline just showed up. No sign of Sopdet but she is used to all of this and I know she'll hunker down.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
On my mind today:
Today would have been/is my dad 100th birthday... sigh.... Happy Birthday, Daddy

I know he is up in heaven, surrounded with his family and friends ---especially his mom, who he did not remember. She died in childbirth when he was around 5 years old...

I miss him.. Snow today, so I am not even going to cemetery..

I will light a candle for him..

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was nervous, too, when I went back to school and worried if I was capable. This led me to really pushed myself to ask questions of my teachers and visit the tutoring center when something was a struggle. Some classes, like chemistry and statistics, the tutors saw me multiple times a week! There are resources to help if you feel things are challenging and need a boost to help you get through easier. People who are eager to help and believe in you. Just like the people here. We see your potential and know you have it in you! You are smart enough. You can do this!

I cannot wait to hear all the exciting experiences and things you learn! What classes are you taking?

I like maple syrup mixed in with natural peanut butter. On more than one occasion I have been know to go through a whole jar in one sitting.
How interesting! I've never eaten PB out of the container, but that mix sounds yummy. Anyone else eat nutella out of the jar?? That is more my style. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.