The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, morning walks don't seem to be working either. I heard feet coming towards me with my headphones on. Turned around and a runner approached with no mask. Nobody ever walks off the path to pass. I wish people weren't so selfish. There is lots of snow and ice on the ground and not very comfortable or relaxing walking off the path, so I headed home. I was really looking forward to morning walks again when the sun is out, but nobody can be trusted outside and it's hard to keep yourself safe.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch really is the best cat. The septic company arrived bright and early and have been digging maybe 15' from her chair and had another huge truck here with a crane placing the new septic tank and she just doesn't care one bit. DS is absolutely GLUED to the windows. He can only be peeled away to run to another window. :lol: They just used an excavator to break up and pull out our old septic tank and that's mostly filled in. So much entertainment right outside our back door. :lol: Earlier I heard DS say in a very distracted voice "This is very interesting." :flail:Now he just told me he might actually do this someday. :flail:

Meanwhile Mooch has just been her normal self. I know she hears it all; but she doesn't care. She's been glaring at me from her food bowl because I was up early but I didn't feed her early. (I had to wait on meds.) The water line is in the process of being reconnected to the new tank so I put blue painters tape over all the faucet handles and the handles on the toilets. The last thing I want is someone to accidentally flush on these guys. :paranoid::paperbag:

DD wants to know how many packets of seeds it's going to take to fix the grass. :flail:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe just post in the Dinner, coffee, exercise, positive, music, question of the day threads like I do. That way you can tell people how your day is going and ask how their day is going. People on here care more about my day than my own family/real life friends sadly.
Kind of defeats the purpose of joining a cat forum. :lol: I talk about day to day stuff on a different forum but joined here for a break in all the politics talk.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
A video pic of all three of the outdoor kitties. I am going to improve this shelter today.
View attachment 367429
Awesome. A little something I learned last night about the V3, if you like the night vision, turn that on through the advanced settings, then far or near (you may have to play around with it since your area is small, and then play with the IR light by clicking the arrow underneath the setting for Night Vision. Or you may just turn night vision off completely and view it in starlight mode. Unlike the V2, it won't reflect off the brick.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, its not especially pretty and I intend to build a more enclosed box for the fireplace shelter but for now there is enough space for all three cats to have a warmer bed for tonight’s single digit temps. I am hoping this reflective Insulation reflects their body heat back on them. The lower box is a little table that I had that I just wrapped in insulation and then filled with straw. It will serve as a step stool to the upper bed so the cats don’t need to jump so high and a sleeping spot for one or two depending on who sleeps with who. There is one of the three who seems to be the leader and the preferred partner and the other two tolerate but don’t necessarily like each other.
AF79B4E6-4B6C-4F11-8D49-8AE086B5E19C.jpeg

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to move the food bowl, but Tourmaline is busy eating so I'm standing outside in 24 degree weather unable to move for fear of falling flat on my face and just a sweater over my housecoat. The things we do for the cats we love. Tourmaline is now watching Cat TV from Prime video, although I had to manually choose the title instead of asking Alexa to open it up

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am losing it with all these Bernie memes with him sitting in the chair with his gloves... even my succulent group on facebook isn't immune. Someone inserted him into a green house filled with succulents. :flail::flail::flail::flail: I was not expecting that, hahahaha. The internet is too funny sometimes.

Anyone else who enjoys them, what was the favorite you've seen?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feeling kind of annoyed at my friend right now. Long story short, if you know you're not going to make it to a virtual group event, don't keep texting just to say you'll "be there in 15 minutes" and not show up :bat: Just say you won't be able to make it and leave it at that.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw :hugs: I feel that.

sorry, this might be long, but I need to rant. Feel free to skip past this.

I’m not particularly in a good mood tonight. Not going to go into details, but it drives me crazy when people are rude. I was so angry tonight (still am, although I’ve calmed down a bit). I almost had a panic attack- those have been happening more lately. My irritability is spiking, and I don’t think being stuck inside the house is helping my mental health. I’m a person who needs socialization regularly and this is killing me.
I don’t know how much more of this I can take.
I know what you mean. I keep reading and hearing about how this mess is causing folks to be so polite and nice to others however most everyone around here are rude and self involved and even when I say "Hi" most just ignore me or give a confused look. The folks who do say excuse me, stop before running me over with their cart etc... I surprise by saying "Thank you for being polite" their eyes get glazed for a sec then crinkle as they smile (I assume it's a smile under their mask) and say "your welcome or my pleasure". We do have idiots who aren't wearing masks but of course I stay far away from them.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else who enjoys them, what was the favorite you've seen?
I joined a Facebook group called "Zillow gone wild" (about crazy houses listed on Zillow) and one of them was a perfectly normal house except someone had photoshopped Bernie on the porch. I had to look through the pictures 3 times before I saw him! I was like "why is this small normal house on Zillow gone wild?" :lol:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Very frightening and dangerous situation just occurred here. I have spent the last 2 hours looking at 2 weeks of cam playback. At 3:30 this morning a suspicious man came through our back yard, made his way over to the cat shelters, water and food and sat to rest. It appears that he did not take anything, but then he got up and left the same way he came. When he came into the yard he was running. Not sure from law or just running. But Treasure was watching from a distance and came to sniff. He then went to the shelter to wake up Sopdet and ran off to get Tourmaline. The 3 of them did a thorough sniff test of the entire area running frantically and acting terrified. I notified the police but they said without lights in the area or the fact that I was asleep at the time there isn't much they could do although I did forward the clips to them. I then spent the time after looking through video playback of the past 2 weeks and he was not on any of those cams. However he acted like he knew right where he was going. I find it a relief yet unsettling that he just came, sat and then left. I'm going to have to trigger Alexa to do something for now on that may scare anyone off.

I'm sitting here crying from fear and no one in my area helps. The cops here are useless. :(

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended the virtual group event at 9pm last night and texted the MIA friend to let her know so she didn't try to log in. As of right now, there's no response from her but I'm not expecting one anyways. I know what she was doing. It's the same nearly every single Friday - she goes on a rant about work issues or some heated discussion on a hot topic with her BF and it doesn't end until hours later :rolleyes3: She knows there's a weekly virtual group event every Friday evening and always says she'll be there blah blah blah and yet she gets into lengthy discussions with the BF at the same time :hmmm:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Going round and round with the cops to do something and they said they can't because he didn't do anything. I can't let Mom know or I'll lose her from heart attack considering she can't run if danger. What a horrible tragedy this is. No one here in my city cares. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.