The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier today I was in a rush and not happy about it. So I feel like I should tell you all that I’ve confirmed it: When you are in a rush and not in a good mood; having the theme song from Happy Days stuck in your head definitely does not make you happy. :eviltongue:
Aw :hugs: I feel that.

sorry, this might be long, but I need to rant. Feel free to skip past this.

I’m not particularly in a good mood tonight. Not going to go into details, but it drives me crazy when people are rude. I was so angry tonight (still am, although I’ve calmed down a bit). I almost had a panic attack- those have been happening more lately. My irritability is spiking, and I don’t think being stuck inside the house is helping my mental health. I’m a person who needs socialization regularly and this is killing me.
I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Still needing to find a place to put this Echo Show. I may have to take my dinner/bar stool outside and put the Echo show on there. Means I'll have to move the cat tent that Tourmaline sometimes sleeps in. Ugh what a mess

Oh and the reason it will be a mess is I'll have 3 cats underfoot. Tourmaline plops right under foot, Sopdet lays on the ledge watching and Treasure is on the other side of foot yowling at Tourmaline. lol

Oh and all of this while listening for my Mom in case she needs me

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished setting up cameras to watch a trio of cats that have been visiting my back porch every evening for a drink of water and food. One wall of the porch is brick with a inset fireplace area and they are either using this spot to shelter or as their peeing spot. I will now have two cameras on them tonight to see what they are doing, and if they are using it as a resting spot I will figure out how to make it cozier. Otherwise I will stick a litterbox up there.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Set up the old Echo show outside. Sprayed a bit with catnip and watched as Tourmaline sniffed all over. Then I enabled the Meow skill and launched on the show and watched as she looked to see where the other "cat" is. Treasure is used to all of this. He's seen it, done it and has the cat tshirt. lol

I think she's passed out somewhere as she did lick the spray off the screen. Hoping she'll be ok

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost spent $70 for a new bike pump because I thought the old one I got wasn't working but turns out I've been using it wrong this entire time. :frustrated:

I have to take Felix to the vet but I don't want to take the bus because of the virus so I'm going to strap him to the back of my bike. I'm going to miss my morning class tomorrow but the clinic had no other day available so...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are beside ourselves excited here. My kids had dental cleanings today and when we got home there were 2 big trucks in the driveway and 2 excavators in the backyard. One side of fencing was dismantled. A little while later 2 dumptruck loads of rock were left in my front yard. DS was glued to the windows and running back and forth as stuff went on.

As you can imagine; school books have not taken priority. They are supposed to be back bright and early tomorrow morning; so I don’t see much book learning going on tomorrow either. I might as well call it a field trip from home because they will surely be staring out the window!:cool:

I can pull out my college textbooks and show them illustrations. (I think I kept those books.) If not; Google will probably come through quickly for me. We’ve already discussed it and I let them walk around the piles after the guys left.

This is supposed to be the beauty of homeschooling; grab the opportunities to learn that life gives you!:agree: :woohoo::jive::woohoo:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Alexa was included in the Echo Show or at least she was on the old one and I used to be able to watch prime videos off the old Echo Show.

4 cats missing. That leaves 1 left (Treasure) as most of the others disappeared in May and never were seen again and now this today. So cat do not always come back, no matter how much you think you're bonded to them. :(

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Alexa was included in the Echo Show or at least she was on the old one and I used to be able to watch prime videos off the old Echo Show.

4 cats missing. That leaves 1 left (Treasure) as most of the others disappeared in May and never were seen again and now this today. So cat do not always come back, no matter how much you think you're bonded to them. :(
Alexa is included but I think you still need to set it up to communicate with your tv or streaming device via the Alexa app.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alexa is included but I think you still need to set it up to communicate with your tv or streaming device via the Alexa app.
That sounds right. We just got an Echo for video calling (the older model, I think), and I feel like my husband had to take some time setting Alexa up.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My newly set up video cam shows that at least one of the outdoor cats is using the fireplace inset as a place to rest and get out of the cold. This area of the porch is sheltered from the wind and never gets wet but I think I am going to line it with styrofoam and add some straw to make it a warmer spot.
6F4209BD-A128-4BF0-8F2D-475BA12D163A.jpeg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you think cats remember dramatic life events? This week marks exactly a year since I adopted Puar from his previous owner. Puar's been kind of depressed this week (still playing, pottying, etc. but kind of picking at his food or eating it later than usual, and hanging out in bed next to me more). I don't know if cats have the capacity for things like this, but during this week last year, he would've been watching his former human packing up the apartment (the guy moved to America). He gets really anxious whenever I put together furniture or bring around a big box (probably thinking it's moving time again?)
Hoping to get him a good present this weekend to say thanks for not being the worst roommate. Hoping too that he's just in a bit of a mood and it'll pass once he sees that he's stuck with me.
And of course, I should schedule a vet appointment to see what he should get now that I know he's over 2 years old.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds right. We just got an Echo for video calling (the older model, I think), and I feel like my husband had to take some time setting Alexa up.
Ok you do NOT need to have fire tv or fire stick to watch prime videos on the Echo Show. I just pulled it up so I know this to be a fact. What Amazon said though is a lie. Amazon said you can say Alexa play The Rifleman on Amazon Prime Video and she'll open it up. That is totally wrong and I cannot believe that Amazon is full of lies like that. What you do is say Alexa open Amazon Prime and she'll open it up ON the Echo show and then you have to scroll and figure out which one you want. I knew you could watch Prime on the Show as I have since the first generation of the echo show. I know in 2018 all I had to do was plug in the Show, set it up, link to my Prime account and ask Alexa to open Prime Videos. I never had to mess with going into communications unless I wanted to use the drop in feature from phone to the Show. Yet Amazon has all these videos on how you can get Alexa to open up prime to the movie that you ask her to play. Ugh

Anxiously waiting for the V3s to come back in stock so I can run to Home Depot for a few more. I'm totally impressed with it and I am sure the public release will be much more improved then the early access version as well as the firmware updates.

Honestly, I don't think cats forget at all. Treasure still sits and stares off hoping Shaman returns. Every single meal he does this. She's been missing since last April (CG too at same time so I'm thinking someone gave them a home). And Treasure isn't looking for Sopdet because Sopdet would be right here with him as all the other cats are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.