The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I meant to share this...

We had an object lesson go awry TWICE today. :flail: We were discussing how gentle doesn't always equal delicate or weak. So I was supposed to use halves of egg shells trimmed and set on their sides; then you stack books on top till they break. I decided instead to use a whole egg and have my kids try to squeeze it till it breaks. Thankfully we did it over the kitchen floor because she didn't get the "keep it in one hand" part and dropped it on the floor. We laughed and I gave DS one and told him he needed to squeeze it...and it exploded in his hand!! He had to change clothse!! :flail: Apparently he's strong but his hand is too small to put pressure on the whole egg. Fortunately I bought an 18 pack of eggs so I was able to show them myself. :doh: My kitchen floor has been well sanitized today. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf , I have the V3. I put my order in last October when they sent the announcement out to users, and received it in December. I also have an order in for their $20 smart watch. Cant want to receive it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's anything like the Wyze band you'll love it. Did you see today's announcement of the hand vac? I may get it but I'll wait til it's at Home Depot. Do you belong to the group on FB? Don't want to mention the name because it may be against TOS

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's anything like the Wyze band you'll love it. Did you see today's announcement of the hand vac? I may get it but I'll wait til it's at Home Depot. Do you belong to the group on FB? Don't want to mention the name because it may be against TOS
No, I am not on the Facebook group. I just get the Wyze emails and yes, did see the vacuum. Has to have a mighty small dust cup.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have pulled my back yesterday as I feel like I was deadlifting. Which is a feeling I actually love if I"m working out. But I didn't work out yesterday. I was setting up the Echo Show 8 and paying bills yesterday as well as helping Mom. So I don't know what's up.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. I just posted in the US Politics as I'll get chastised posting it in here.

Need to watch that while setting up cat area with old Echo Show and getting my hair cut. Ugh of course I'll be there when it starts. I guess they'll replay it on YouTube though

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work up in the middle of the night hearing a strange thumping noises and a voice. Worried something was going on with mom and Sunnie, so I went to check it out. Turns out the people who do our driveway when there is over 3 inches of snow were scrapping the snow off our front porch! Oh boy, what a surprise they were there at that time. It was like 12 or 1 in the morning.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a new friend and they want to go for a socially distanced/mask on walk but I'm unsure if we are allowed to do such a thing with the stay-at-home order. It's really confusing because the news said you could get fined but then they said they'd only be bugging big businesses. I really just want to get out of the house for a few hours but I don't want to get in trouble. Being indoors for this long has really messed with me mentally. But I still see people driving to skating rinks in groups and still so many people hanging out, walking their dogs together... this is so frustrating and confusing. :frustrated:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a new friend and they want to go for a socially distanced/mask on walk but I'm unsure if we are allowed to do such a thing with the stay-at-home order...this is so frustrating and confusing. :frustrated:
:hugs::redheartpump: :hugs::redheartpump::hugs::redheartpump:
Making brownies. Used only 1 egg instead of 2 because it said it work make fudgey brownies instead of cakey. I'll be poping fresh popcorn to go with it when it is done.
Sounds so good!!! 😋

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Making brownies. Used only 1 egg instead of 2 because it said it work make fudgey brownies instead of cakey. I'll be poping fresh popcorn to go with it when it is done.
Ooo yummy!! I bought some cherry gummy hearts with our grocery order this week. I was thinking of making Valentine treats with the kids by putting those in brownies in my Pampered Chef brownie pan that makes individual ones. I just don’t know if I should put them in right away or wait till they cook a bit. I’m thinking of going with fudgey vs cakey. I might have to make a test batch. 😉😇

I also got stuff for pineapple upside down cakes. My mom got me a baking pan years ago that makes fancy heart shapped individual cakes. I made pineapple upside down cake in that years ago. So if all else fails with the brownies; we can make that.

I really don’t want to do everything at once; but its something to look forward to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my mother’s very long time friends used to try to call and chat with people she saw online and then post offended because people didn’t respond or left mid conversation. I know she was lonely; but it was overbearing. I eventually just made it so no one could see I was online. Otherwise there are only so many times you can politely let someone know you can’t chat at the moment. I might pop on often; but that doesn’t mean I’m consistently available or able to focus on one person. Most people were probably at work at the time too.

Its really hard to tell someone that they are very likely driving people away. 😕

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a new friend and they want to go for a socially distanced/mask on walk but I'm unsure if we are allowed to do such a thing with the stay-at-home order. It's really confusing because the news said you could get fined but then they said they'd only be bugging big businesses. I really just want to get out of the house for a few hours but I don't want to get in trouble. Being indoors for this long has really messed with me mentally. But I still see people driving to skating rinks in groups and still so many people hanging out, walking their dogs together... this is so frustrating and confusing. :frustrated:
How wonderful! :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape: :heartshape: Understandable your conflict. I'm not sure either, but sending you awesome vibes to help sort through your situation. :vibes:

Ooo yummy!! I bought some cherry gummy hearts with our grocery order this week. I was thinking of making Valentine treats with the kids by putting those in brownies in my Pampered Chef brownie pan that makes individual ones. I just don’t know if I should put them in right away or wait till they cook a bit. I’m thinking of going with fudgey vs cakey. I might have to make a test batch. 😉😇
That sounds scrumptious with the gummies! You'll have to let me know how it turns out and when you strategy you used.

The fudgeyness was sooooooo good. Highly recommend! When I scooped my piece out, at first I was worried I didn't cook it long enough, but it was perfect! So moist and gooey.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have pulled my back yesterday as I feel like I was deadlifting. Which is a feeling I actually love if I"m working out. But I didn't work out yesterday. I was setting up the Echo Show 8 and paying bills yesterday as well as helping Mom. So I don't know what's up.
I actually pulled my back out yesterday picking up Austin - who is not a heavy cat. Boy it hurt, but I had to work so I took some advil, got the heating pad while i said there at my desk, and it seems to be pretty good today. I hope yours is better by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.