The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone remembers, but a little while ago I posted about an elderly couple who had Covid. The wife passed away. I don't know if she died of Covid or not. I'm crying typing this. It's sinking in that I'll never get to see her again, I'll never get to talk to her...
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

It has a carpeted tunnel, with two platforms higher up. All carpeted, as is the post that holds them, and the platforms each have a 2 or 3 inch raised edge, so she's less likely to fall off in her sleep. And it has a sisal scratching post -- I need to replace the sisal.

I took her new Cat Dancer toy (she only has three) and moved two of the cardboard thingies to one end and two to the other, then tied it to the post so that one end is next to the lower platform and the other is next to the tunnel (Cat Dancer is that rare interactive toy that a cat can play with by herself without danger -- no string to swallow or get tangled up in). I don't think she's checked out the tunnel yet; it's the heights that lure her.

Margret
Nice! Sounds like a really nice tower. Love how you put the cat dancer toy up for her.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline still hasn't figured out where the voice comes from when I talk through the cam. She hears my voice but doesn't see me. Treasure and Sopdet are used to it by now. Shaman loved me talking to her through the cam (wherever she may be)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline still hasn't figured out where the voice comes from when I talk through the cam. She hears my voice but doesn't see me. Treasure and Sopdet are used to it by now. Shaman loved me talking to her through the cam (wherever she may be)
Aw, this reminds me of when I was at my research experience for undergraduates for 2 months and Isabelle was at home with my mom. She would put me on speaker phone to talk with Isabelle and Isabelle perked up and looked around for me. <3 <3 <3

My new phone is set up. It was a bit draining as we kept waiting and waiting for them to call us back. Supposedely the wait was only 30 min., but after 1.5 hours my mom called back and we stayed on the line until someone was available. We must have been on the phone for 30 min. with the first lady trying to get a virtual simcard set up... I was so frustrated! She told me to go to a certain screen, which I did, and it was the same screen I had already been on. Things weren't working and she sent us over to another guy. Luckily, he fixed us up pretty fast within 10 min. or so. Phone is up and running now! Yippee! Some of my money making apps were too old to use on my old phone, so excited to use them again on my new phone.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My new Echo Show 8 comes today (well not new but new to me). Moving the old Show outside so the cats can see me and stop their 24 hour yowling when I'm not outside lol

Of course I'll have to figure out how to elevate it so it's not getting wet while making sure the cats, raccoons and possums don't try to play with the chord, but I used the show to tame Shaman and Treasure.

Sheesh, am I crazy?

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just managed to get ahold of my bank. They mistakenly flagged some transactions and blocked my debit card. Everything's sorted out now 👍
Aw, they were trying to protect you. That has happened with my credit card before, and while I am thankful incase there was a problem and they worked to prevent something from happening, it is inconvenient and a shock when you go to use the card and it won't work! Glad it is all figured out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS and I were making a meatloaf last week and we came up with the idea of making a beef teryaki meatloaf. So I'm browsing the internet for what spices to use based on other recipes people have blogged. We have a teryaki marinade/glaze that I'm going to put on top; but i'm not 100% sure how I will season the meatloaf itself. I have stir fry veggies for the side and leftover rice from yesterday's dinner. Hopefully it will be good and something to add to our routine.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think that this pandemic has everyone a little stir crazy :dizzycat:
Yes indeed :redheartpump:
Moving the old Show outside so the cats can see me and stop their 24 hour yowling when I'm not outside lol

Of course I'll have to figure out how to elevate it so it's not getting wet while making sure the cats, raccoons and possums don't try to play with the chord, but I used the show to tame Shaman and Treasure.

Sheesh, am I crazy?
Not at all! I think it’s a very smart idea!
DS and I were making a meatloaf last week and we came up with the idea of making a beef teryaki meatloaf. We have a teryaki marinade/glaze that I'm going to put on top; but i'm not 100% sure how I will season the meatloaf itself. I have stir fry veggies for the side and leftover rice from yesterday's dinner.
That sounds amazing! My mouth is watering! 🤤

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
DS and I were making a meatloaf last week and we came up with the idea of making a beef teryaki meatloaf. So I'm browsing the internet for what spices to use based on other recipes people have blogged. We have a teryaki marinade/glaze that I'm going to put on top; but i'm not 100% sure how I will season the meatloaf itself. I have stir fry veggies for the side and leftover rice from yesterday's dinner. Hopefully it will be good and something to add to our routine.
I did something similar only with spaghetti. I used the pasta, mexican spices, jalapenos and salsa It's my favorite type of spaghetti (if you like hot and spicy that is)

Getting a little peeved here with USPS. That's how the echo show is being delivered. Every time they deliver a package to me it's always at a time my very punctual and reliable carrier is off for the day and always they lose it. Now they can't find the package or the mail. What a mess.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Downloaded Deal Dash as part of an Inbox Dollars offer but can't figure it out. I have to be the most dense person on the earth.

Testing out my Wyze Cam V3. Snowing and the cam is supposed to hold up being outside and all. so testing that and catching some good snowfall. Oh well it's a $20 cam so if it bricks the cam I still got my money's worth.

Editing to add: Wouldn't you know it. My luck. Every time I put this cam in a spot to get timelapse of snow the snow stops and the sun comes out.
I installed by Wyze cam 3 maybe a month ago. The night vision is very much improved, otherwise not much difference. When I first used it I was disappointed at the picture quality and then I realized I hadn’t (Duh!) pulled the plastic cover off the lens.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I installed by Wyze cam 3 maybe a month ago. The night vision is very much improved, otherwise not much difference. When I first used it I was disappointed at the picture quality and then I realized I hadn’t (Duh!) pulled the plastic cover off the lens.
The Starlight at night is excellent, imo. Or do you have the V3? That's the one that was released early access (not public) in last part of October?

If you do have the V3, you have to try the siren. If the cats are away and it's time to eat, I sound the siren. They hear it (without it bothering their ears) and come running. Daytime is much more improved then the V2 and it runs longer on power bank if use power that way. All in all I'm very satisfied with my V3 and can't wait til public release of the cam.

This is 2 minutes to Midnight the other night on my V3. Currently sold out at the moment.

1611085450451.png

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did my errands today and enjoyed driving in the car listening to podcasts. Got through about 3, and was driving for over an hour. Stopped at 2 petstores to pick up clearance cat food curbside. Next stop was the vet to pick up meds for Isabelle and Persia. When I called to let them know I was there, they said you can come in to the front desk... my heart started racing, but I was calmly able to say I'm still very anxious about going in places, is it okay to do curbside? Thankfully, they were very nice and brought it out to me. Last stop was Wendys! I treated my mom and I. I enjoyed their spicy chicken pub sandwich with large fry and Dr. Pepper. Since caffeine isn't a frequent part of my diet, I will probably be hopping later off the effects. I also picked up a large frosty that is in the freezer to have later.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds amazing! My mouth is watering! 🤤
Mine too so I hope it lives up to my expectations! :lol:
I did something similar only with spaghetti. I used the pasta, mexican spices, jalapenos and salsa It's my favorite type of spaghetti (if you like hot and spicy that is)
This is one stir fry recipe I use that calls for angel hair pasta: Asian Beef Noodle Bowls

It's become a favorite but we are trying to watch the sodium here so I don't make it often. It's SO simple but so good!! I wouldn't have thought to use pasta in asian dishes; but it comes out well. I found another brand of teryaki marinade/sauce that has less sodium.:That's what I'm going to try tonight. I've marinated chicken wings in it and DD loves it! It's not as thick as the Kikoman one; so that's why I'm not sure how it will go on top. Normally I top meatloafs with A1 steak sauce. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.