The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first set is definitely for me! But since I'll have the patterns, I might make more to give away. Heck, if I end up being any good at it, I might start an etsy shop or something.
I'm glad to hear it has been fine for you. Normally I love having time for myself, etc. When at school I struggled to find people that would stick with plans and not cancel. I was happy as a clam going on hikes by myself, hanging out at my rental, going on my weekly grocery run and visit to the china buffet by myself. But this has been very different time for me. I think it's because I feel so unsafe and don't feel like I have control over keeping myself safe.

Online is easier to chat! I often feel I can express myself so much easier in text than talking in person with people. Once more comfortable with people you can't stop me from talking, but that takes times to feel that at ease! Agree that groups are much harder than one on ones. Whenever I go to an event/party I often find someone sitting alone to approach and talk with. It is too nerve wrecking trying to jump into an already started conversation, especially when others are so good at jumping in with something to say while it can take me a split second to open my mouth and talk. By then, I'm interrupting the person who started talking, haha. Not sure if that influences your group talking like it does me.

Super cute! You'll have to share one they are complete! Will these be for you when they are done or are you planning on giving them to someone else?

Oh boy.. danger hair! My mom asked me to cut her hair last month when it was getting too long for her. Stay safe.<3

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking about stepping away from TCS and focus more on Boone and Gracie's Instagram site. I have noticed that I am not good with too much useful/helpful information. :lol: You know, the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. I am getting consumed with trying to do my very best with Boone and Gracie that it is getting obsessive in a way.

If anyone still wants to know what Boone and Gracie are up to, you can follow them at
boone_and_gracie.
I hate to see you leave, neighbor. I'll miss those little cuties, Boone and Gracie. Do you have to leave permanently? Can't you come back once in awhile to visit? I don't have anything useful/helpful to say either but I'm staying here until they lock me out. Lol!!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking about stepping away from TCS and focus more on Boone and Gracie's Instagram site. I have noticed that I am not good with too much useful/helpful information. :lol: You know, the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. I am getting consumed with trying to do my very best with Boone and Gracie that it is getting obsessive in a way.

If anyone still wants to know what Boone and Gracie are up to, you can follow them at boone_and_gracie.
Yeah..agree with everyone else..dont go, so enjoy seeing what your bundle of mischief's get up to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I measured my hair today. It’s about level with the bottom of my bra. It’s been 11 months since I had a haircut. It was around my shoulders then. I’m starting to look like Chewbaca when I don’t blow it straight so I don’t know how long I can wait before I get a cut. Its not the longest I’ve had it; but I’m starting to lay on it and get it tangled around my neck at night. I got it under the shoulder strap of my laptop bag the other day too. :cringe:

I’ve been thinking since its so long; I can donate it once I do cut it. I believe 8” is the minimum for most donations and I have that by today’s measurements. 14” is the most I’ve ever sent. I’ve also done 12”. I’m hoping that planning a donation will help me deal with having to wait. It’ll put a purpose to it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a new thread on NextDoor in my area; "What do you really need but can't afford?" (Several people said "food" or "rent money," sorry to say. And other people have stepped up to help them - we have some wonderful neighbors.) People have been posting on it about things that they have extras of and can give away, and someone posted that they had a much-loved cat tree (i.e. it's been clawed nearly to death, by three cats) that currently has no cats to love it - its presence was serving as a painful reminder of their loss - did anyone need a cat tree? I've been wanting to get Jasmine a cat tree for years, but they're a good deal more expensive than I can afford, so I immediately sent these folks a private message asking whether they still had it. They brought it over yesterday.

Yes, it's extremely battered. Yes, it smells like other cats (according to Jasmine). But I was surprised by what a small amount of catnip was needed to convince Jasmine that it is now hers, and she loves it. Finally a piece of furniture that she can claw with total impunity! (Mere scratching posts apparently don't count. ;)) And besides, unlike the other furniture it lets her get up really high. Jasmine is ecstatic, and I am very grateful to these kind people.

Margret

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a new thread on NextDoor in my area; "What do you really need but can't afford?" (Several people said "food" or "rent money," sorry to say. And other people have stepped up to help them - we have some wonderful neighbors.) People have been posting on it about things that they have extras of and can give away, and someone posted that they had a much-loved cat tree (i.e. it's been clawed nearly to death, by three cats) that currently has no cats to love it - its presence was serving as a painful reminder of their loss - did anyone need a cat tree? I've been wanting to get Jasmine a cat tree for years, but they're a good deal more expensive than I can afford, so I immediately sent these folks a private message asking whether they still had it. They brought it over yesterday.

Yes, it's extremely battered. Yes, it smells like other cats (according to Jasmine). But I was surprised by what a small amount of catnip was needed to convince Jasmine that it is now hers, and she loves it. Finally a piece of furniture that she can claw with total impunity! (Mere scratching posts apparently don't count. ;)) And besides, unlike the other furniture it lets her get up really high. Jasmine is ecstatic, and I am very grateful to these kind people.

Margret

How lovely! I've seen those posts on my neighborhood page as well. Such a lovely community helping others. So glad you were able to acquire a cat tree for your little one. <3 (Edit: What type of cat tree is it???)

One of the cat trees we have here was actually picked up from someone's garbage they put out on the curb, I've replaced the sisal once, and needs it again, but is holding up well. It is a small one that has a flat second story that fits perfectly under a window for a lovely seat while window watching. Not sure how much the cats reacted to any other cat smell, but since it was out for the trash I cleaned the carpet with a cleaner in case of fleas, etc.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Downloaded Deal Dash as part of an Inbox Dollars offer but can't figure it out. I have to be the most dense person on the earth.

Testing out my Wyze Cam V3. Snowing and the cam is supposed to hold up being outside and all. so testing that and catching some good snowfall. Oh well it's a $20 cam so if it bricks the cam I still got my money's worth.

Editing to add: Wouldn't you know it. My luck. Every time I put this cam in a spot to get timelapse of snow the snow stops and the sun comes out.

Last edited:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its only january and it feels like i got cheated out of having winter in this sunny 80 degree heat here in southern california
game misconduct game misconduct me too! It’s been in the 80’s all week! It feels like summer! :lol: Hot weather is not my cup of tea.
Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river. :lol: You would change your mind pretty quick living here. I'm freezing. 🥶
:flail: I’d love to switch! I’d give anything for a snowstorm right about now! 😂

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone remembers, but a little while ago I posted about an elderly couple who had Covid. The wife passed away. I don't know if she died of Covid or not. I'm crying typing this. It's sinking in that I'll never get to see her again, I'll never get to talk to her...

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Edit: What type of cat tree is it???)
It has a carpeted tunnel, with two platforms higher up. All carpeted, as is the post that holds them, and the platforms each have a 2 or 3 inch raised edge, so she's less likely to fall off in her sleep. And it has a sisal scratching post -- I need to replace the sisal.

I took her new Cat Dancer toy (she only has three) and moved two of the cardboard thingies to one end and two to the other, then tied it to the post so that one end is next to the lower platform and the other is next to the tunnel (Cat Dancer is that rare interactive toy that a cat can play with by herself without danger -- no string to swallow or get tangled up in). I don't think she's checked out the tunnel yet; it's the heights that lure her.

Margret

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if anyone remembers, but a little while ago I posted about an elderly couple who had Covid. The wife passed away. I don't know if she died of Covid or not. I'm crying typing this. It's sinking in that I'll never get to see her again, I'll never get to talk to her...
I’m so sorry. I’ll certainly be praying for you. I wish I could just give you a big hug. :redheartpump: :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.