The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's the pandemic. Maybe people are stressed and don't feel like talking. Or maybe it's the winter weather? I'm having the same problem with real life family and friends. They don't seem very chatty lately.
The pandemic is causing depression. Depression makes you not want to do anything. I'm in that boat. I'm beginning to hate my house.
Although I don’t think I’m depressed, even I, an extrovert who has literally left the house only about two times in the past two and a half months, have gone through periods of time where I don’t want to text or chat with people. This is extremely different from who I usually am, and I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling this. Hang in there, Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily . We’re all here for you 💕

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Why would a collector call my Mom about turning me over to an attorney? And why is my iPhone telling me I need to enable wifi calling to place calls

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I read about people being so depressed from staying home, I realize all over again how very lucky I am. I have fairly serious mobility issues, and only go out once a month to shop, and every four months to my doctor's office. I've been doing that for about 10 years now, so I guess I've been practicing for the pandemic all that time! This is pretty much my normal state. Now, the cleaning and wiping down of EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that comes in the house is certainly new, and a PITA, but staying in, seeing almost no one is just business as usual for me. And I'm actually quite content and happy with my life. I freeze up around more than 4 people, so I'm not big on socializing...except online! I'm FINE online (or could you guys tell that already, LOL?).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
seeing almost no one is just business as usual for me. And I'm actually quite content and happy with my life. I freeze up around more than 4 people, so I'm not big on socializing...except online! I'm FINE online
I like socializing, but I hate this new trend of taking pictures of everything. On Facebook people don't care about anything unless there is a selfie with it. I hate having my picture taken, so I'm kind of drifting away from Facebook. Nobody cares about words on there anymore, only pics.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I read about people being so depressed from staying home, I realize all over again how very lucky I am. I have fairly serious mobility issues, and only go out once a month to shop, and every four months to my doctor's office. I've been doing that for about 10 years now, so I guess I've been practicing for the pandemic all that time! This is pretty much my normal state. Now, the cleaning and wiping down of EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that comes in the house is certainly new, and a PITA, but staying in, seeing almost no one is just business as usual for me. And I'm actually quite content and happy with my life. I freeze up around more than 4 people, so I'm not big on socializing...except online! I'm FINE online (or could you guys tell that already, LOL?).

I never went out much, either. Trips to Walmart, visiting my grandma, occasionally we'd go to a restaurant or a movie. Now, I can't do any of those things and my homebody self is over being home.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking about stepping away from TCS and focus more on Boone and Gracie's Instagram site. I have noticed that I am not good with too much useful/helpful information. :lol: You know, the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. I am getting consumed with trying to do my very best with Boone and Gracie that it is getting obsessive in a way.

If anyone still wants to know what Boone and Gracie are up to, you can follow them at boone_and_gracie.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed that I am not good with too much useful/helpful information.
Maybe just post in the Dinner, coffee, exercise, positive, music, question of the day threads like I do. That way you can tell people how your day is going and ask how their day is going. People on here care more about my day than my own family/real life friends sadly.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hair appointment today. I realized last week that this was getting critical when I set a strand of my bangs on fire while lighting a candle. And the shop is closing the first of February. The cases of Covid in our tiny town has almost doubled in the last two weeks. Think I'll ask her to cut it a bit short this time, since I don't know when I'll be able to get it trimmed again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yes, I know.. I have a hair appointment the end of the month. I have short hair, and are wondering if I should have her give me a very little boy haircut... again...

While I do not think our governor will impose a full stay at home order; I am wondering if he will take another step back... I know he is fearful fo ruining small businesses even more than they are.. My hairdresser told me, one more shut down and she will have to close the shop permanently... sigh...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear it has been fine for you. Normally I love having time for myself, etc. When at school I struggled to find people that would stick with plans and not cancel. I was happy as a clam going on hikes by myself, hanging out at my rental, going on my weekly grocery run and visit to the china buffet by myself. But this has been very different time for me. I think it's because I feel so unsafe and don't feel like I have control over keeping myself safe.

Online is easier to chat! I often feel I can express myself so much easier in text than talking in person with people. Once more comfortable with people you can't stop me from talking, but that takes times to feel that at ease! Agree that groups are much harder than one on ones. Whenever I go to an event/party I often find someone sitting alone to approach and talk with. It is too nerve wrecking trying to jump into an already started conversation, especially when others are so good at jumping in with something to say while it can take me a split second to open my mouth and talk. By then, I'm interrupting the person who started talking, haha. Not sure if that influences your group talking like it does me.

I'm gonna learn to crochet. If I can get the time away from the kids and the cats. LolView attachment 366560
Super cute! You'll have to share one they are complete! Will these be for you when they are done or are you planning on giving them to someone else?

Hair appointment today. I realized last week that this was getting critical when I set a strand of my bangs on fire while lighting a candle. And the shop is closing the first of February. The cases of Covid in our tiny town has almost doubled in the last two weeks. Think I'll ask her to cut it a bit short this time, since I don't know when I'll be able to get it trimmed again.
Oh boy.. danger hair! My mom asked me to cut her hair last month when it was getting too long for her. Stay safe.<3

Status
Not open for further replies.