The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DD is opening one of the presents that came for her birthday. These are way TOO cute!! They look so real! They even have the Nutrition label! :lol:

At first I thought you were showing off your grocery run and making my mouth water with all the goodies! Then I saw the second pic and thought they may be shopkins. So lifelike!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At first I thought you were showing off your grocery run and making my mouth water with all the goodies! Then I saw the second pic and thought they may be shopkins. So lifelike!
I sent my best friend a picture and she thought it was real too. :lol2: They are really well done. The bags of cereal ones cracked me up. The Fruit Loops one is full of beads. Whoever is designing these must have had a blast! I know I would!

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know why, but it seems like all my cats have this obsessive behavior involving the litter box. They all seem to constantly scratch at the inner walls, over and over and over again. Teddy is the worst, and idk if he's just bored and trying to get my attention or is trying to make some kind of statement about his box or litter, but he keeps me up in the early mornings doing it. He'll do it before and after he uses the potty. The sound drives me up the frickin wall.

Sadly, I can no longer have two boxes, so even if that's the problem and this is Finny and Teddy having a scent war, there's nothing I can do. It's not my house so I have to put the box that best suits my mom, which has always been my room. Our basement is unfinished and the door to it has to remain closed as it blocks the hallway when open. My bathroom is too small and so is the guest's. My closet it is.

I've tried new litter, to see if that is the problem. Maybe it's uncomfortable on the paws and they don't like touching it. I got that new Sustainably Yours litter by PetFive yesterday and honestly that stuff is amazing. Soft as sand, clumps like magic, and while the odor control isn't the best I've ever experienced, it's good enough. Nope, still scratches the sides.

Maybe the box is too small even though it's that jumbo corner box by nature's miracle. Maybe they don't want a lid on it anymore. Idk. I'm planning on getting a new one pretty soon, but it drives me crazy in the morning.

Once it warms up I'm gonna attempt making homemade raw since I can walk to the store. I'm gonna first try it without any supplements to make sure they will even like the texture and homemade. If it's a winner, I'll invest, but first it's gonna be a snack before a dinner.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Humans are disgusting.

Remember all the times I was complaining about bad neighbors? There's a revolving door of them in one specific apartment. Number 36. We all joke that it's cursed.

Well, the most recent 36 had a little white dog. Yesterday morning, John saw it running around. He went to 36 and it was empty. Blinds were up and their stuff was gone. We asked around and apparently she moved a week ago and left the dog and a few days ago, he caught and ate a squirrel. Poor thing must have been starving!

We turned him over to a rescue. And now we wait and see what fresh heck the next tenants will bring.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on you for taking care of the dog! At least the poor doggie ended up in rescue and should have a happy ending. And wasn't left in the apartment to die of thirst and didn't experience any of the bad things that can happen to a loose dog. People are jerks to animals and it could have been a lot worse. And I bet a lot of people saw him running loose and didn't call the rescue 😡.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why, but it seems like all my cats have this obsessive behavior involving the litter box. They all seem to constantly scratch at the inner walls, over and over and over again. Teddy is the worst, and idk if he's just bored and trying to get my attention or is trying to make some kind of statement about his box or litter, but he keeps me up in the early mornings doing it. He'll do it before and after he uses the potty. The sound drives me up the frickin wall.

Sadly, I can no longer have two boxes, so even if that's the problem and this is Finny and Teddy having a scent war, there's nothing I can do. It's not my house so I have to put the box that best suits my mom, which has always been my room. Our basement is unfinished and the door to it has to remain closed as it blocks the hallway when open. My bathroom is too small and so is the guest's. My closet it is.

I've tried new litter, to see if that is the problem. Maybe it's uncomfortable on the paws and they don't like touching it. I got that new Sustainably Yours litter by PetFive yesterday and honestly that stuff is amazing. Soft as sand, clumps like magic, and while the odor control isn't the best I've ever experienced, it's good enough. Nope, still scratches the sides.

Maybe the box is too small even though it's that jumbo corner box by nature's miracle. Maybe they don't want a lid on it anymore. Idk. I'm planning on getting a new one pretty soon, but it drives me crazy in the morning.

Once it warms up I'm gonna attempt making homemade raw since I can walk to the store. I'm gonna first try it without any supplements to make sure they will even like the texture and homemade. If it's a winner, I'll invest, but first it's gonna be a snack before a dinner.
Unfortunately, 2 of my 4 cats do this too! It has nothing to do with the cat litter or the size of the box. They just seem to like making as much noise as possible. I have 3 to 5 boxes (depending on which ones are in use). The large XXL litter box with a hood is the one where they make the most noise. Sometimes I think they do it to intimidate my 2 quieter, shy cats. Second choice is a litter box which looks like a plastic shopping bag, They have managed to tear the plastic in their efforts! Even the very simple, cheap, basic litter boxes (which I would normally use for kittens) are attacked with claws. At least these don't vibrate, and the noise is less - and less satisfactory for the cats too, so they don't do it for quite so long.

Not all cats do this - I think we're just unlucky!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles used to bang on the side of the washer and dryer when she was “burying” her business. We have always had open boxes. Thankfully the laundry room is what separates our kitchen/dining room from the living room; so its not right up by the bedrooms. One room probably heard it; but not the others.

Igave DS another haircut today. He has been asking and gave me a half way thumbs up when I was done. I have really been stretching them out so it was getting in his eyes and super shaggy. The dustpan was full! I’m more than willing to turn this back over to a proper stylist; but DH keeps saying I’m cheaper.:rolleyes3: He hasn’t witnessed me trying to cut his hair. I could drive DS to a salon and back in the time it takes me.:lol:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, 2 of my 4 cats do this too! It has nothing to do with the cat litter or the size of the box. They just seem to like making as much noise as possible. I have 3 to 5 boxes (depending on which ones are in use). The large XXL litter box with a hood is the one where they make the most noise. Sometimes I think they do it to intimidate my 2 quieter, shy cats. Second choice is a litter box which looks like a plastic shopping bag, They have managed to tear the plastic in their efforts! Even the very simple, cheap, basic litter boxes (which I would normally use for kittens) are attacked with claws. At least these don't vibrate, and the noise is less - and less satisfactory for the cats too, so they don't do it for quite so long.

Not all cats do this - I think we're just unlucky!
Considering Nico, my last kitty, and my two now do it, I guess I really am unlucky. Our cats are just practicing their version of the drums I guess lol

Teddy also loves pawing at windows and mirrors. He loves testing my sanity lol

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg . . . I can't even . . . I think I'm gonna cry. They're just so sweet.
thank you, I needed that!!💖
:yeah: They’re so precious!!! 💕

It’s about 1:15 a.m. right now and I really should be in bed, but I just can’t get myself to go to bed. I’ll probably read my Bible and listen to an audiobook for a bit until I (hopefully) get sleepy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS finished the book series hes been absorbed in (DogMan, a graphic novel series from the author of Captain Underpants.) so now he needs something else to capture his imagination. He has one book called InvestiGators that he got for Christmas. Hopefully he will go for that. I miss the library! Graphic novels take up a lot of space on a kindle fire.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the thread intended for the rest of the daily nonsense, which can't be labelled "positive"?
Yesterday I boasted about my "positive" - getting my first Covid 19 shot and now..... the local health authority has just contacted my grandson, telling him he has to go into 10 or 14 days quarantine, because last Friday he spent about an hour with a school-friend, who has since been tested positive.

Unfortunately, he lives in my house with my daughter and the rest of her family in the apartment on the first floor. We meet regularly on the stairs or in the basement and, since he recently passed his driving test, he drove me to work on Monday and to be vaccinated on Wednesday to get some practice. My daughter and her husband were also vaccinated yesterday.

Only time will tell if we all get out of this in one piece!!! Yesterday was a high and now back to uncertainty. Very strange times!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m sorry to hear that gilmargl gilmargl . Having just gotten your vaccine should give you all a jump on things I would think. After my friend’s dd tested positive my friend had been around her inlaws in the car (they drove her to a medical appointment); similarly to you with your grandson. Thankfully no one else in the family picked it up. I found that encouraging.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just realized that cats do indeed get jealous. Treasure is fine with Sopdet and Tourmaline when it's just them, but if I go outside, Treasure yowls and chases the other two off if they even come near me. Sometimes Sopdet will just go on the cat tree and ignore him while Tourmaline will just lay down and go to sleep to ignore him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.