The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh poor thing! I know I’ve read its not always the size of the knot that indicates how bad. But still!! DD’s crib was metal (my dad bought it almost as soon as I told him I was pregnant) and that made me nervous with slips and falls! I’m glad she’ll be ok! I think she’s about the age DS was when he fell and put his first little teeth into his lip at the pediatrician of all places! 🤦🏻‍♀️ We were done but it was winter so both kids needed help getting into their coats and things and I only had 2 hands. 🤦🏻‍♀️

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The 3 cats all got along last night. It actually was funny. I have a new thick mat or pet bed I put down but the cats were a bit suspicious (as usual) so I sprayed catnip. First Treasure had his little party, Then Sopdet, Tourmaline finally decided to enjoy some catnip and then Gypsy came along. The four of them were all rolling around with zoomies when 4 raccoons came, took a look at the 4 cats and ran off. lol

Anyway 2 of the raccoons are kind of bullies to other raccoons, cats, possums or anything living in their path, so I named them Eddie and Haskell.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off for an early bath tonight. I'm babysitting. Thankfully, the little hooligans are almost certain to be asleep before I get there, and remain that way for the duration. That said, for some reason, they are in awe of me. Which is a good thing! I'll take my January Book Club read with me, and make more inroads in "Rebecca."
What ages? What do you like to do with them if you are sitting and they are not sleeping?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What ages? What do you like to do with them if you are sitting and they are not sleeping?
They are 5 and 7. One of the things they love to do with me is, I will ask them to think of somewhere that they would love to live or visit, an imaginary place. Then we take turns telling a story based on their pictures. That's usually good for a couple of hours, and they never seem to get tired of doing it! We've come up with some amazing pictures and stories! One of Levi's (the elder, a boy) was actually useful is getting some of his learning disabilities diagnosed, and suggested some treatment plans!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are 5 and 7. One of the things they love to do with me is, I will ask them to think of somewhere that they would love to live or visit, an imaginary place. Then we take turns telling a story based on their pictures. That's usually good for a couple of hours, and they never seem to get tired of doing it! We've come up with some amazing pictures and stories! One of Levi's (the elder, a boy) was actually useful is getting some of his learning disabilities diagnosed, and suggested some treatment plans!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Kids are so creative. And what a wonderful outcome of it helping getting the boy's learning disability diagnosed.

I've never baby sat before, but I enjoy interacting with kids. Two of my cousins loved me when visiting and I really enjoyed spending time with them, too. They are probably 10 years younger than me. It was a family with 5 kids. One time the parents were out and they come back and see the kids calm (which was about the only couple of minutes they calmed down as they are all high energy!) and said, wow you are so good with them, look how good they are being! :flail: :cool: My younger brother was very hyper growing up and I was very close with him, so their energy didn't phase me at all. I loved spending time with them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a disaster at babysitting. The kids, even when I was an adult; would walk all over me. Not listening. Sigh. These were my cousins kids also— young!

I did not get any respect from them. They were good with others. Guess that happened cuz I am an only child.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby is 3 today!!! We're having a small party for him tonight. Just cake, ice cream, and presents. And he'll get his big present when it gets here. I'm still annoyed at Walmart, but whatever.

I bought myself something. A Harry Potter "learn to crochet" kit. I thought it would be a fun thing to learn and this kit comes with patterns and easy instructions and the yarn for making a little Harry Potter and Dobby. It's supposed to arrive February 1.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
About the same here but the cats are laying on the concrete like it's summer time. Even Tourmaline, and this is her first winter outside so she'd doing well. Now if the catnip gets here they'll all stop yowling and be happy

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids have a couple books where you look at the pictures on pages to come up with your own story or choose your item. They can sit with those for a long time using their imaginations. I love it!!

Alicia88 Alicia88 Happy birthday to Aiden! (Did I spell it right?)

DD is opening one of the presents that came for her birthday. These are way TOO cute!! They look so real! They even have the Nutrition label! :lol:
101EF532-FF27-4A1A-BD3C-121EC8FAFC3C.jpeg

8CC741B1-2743-4470-A887-ECC17D772090.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What are they? Toys to play grocery store?
They are Shopkins Real Littles. I thought they would be cute with Barbies but they are a little big. (Unless she shops at Cosco I guess.) There is another brand that makes similar things but they come in a ball that breaks apart like an orange and surprise you with what you get. They have food ones and toy ones. Super cute and so fun to open!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.