The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to decide if I want all my cams focused on the cat area or spread some to side and front of house. I'm by nature an extremely curious person and like to know what's going on. With the 3rd stimulus I may just buy a few more Pan cams, one more V3 with spotlight and gorilla tape the V3 to the top of the Pan like I have a few others, and idea I got from the Wyze Facebook group. I works but I have to remember to keep these powerbanks charged up. I hate making all these decisions lol

Although I am at wits end getting advice about the cam situation. :(

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling sad for my mom as Sunnie started peeing outside the litter box, and not just on blankets/rocker where I sat and my cat smells would be...

On the plus, I've been taking Isabelle for leashed walks in the yard and it is a great motivation to get out. Especially because there have been so many people on the park, half or more not masked, so this at least helps me get out in the fresh air and such. Once the ground is not so wet from the melted snow, I may start walking in the park again as I can walk ten feet or more away from the paved paths to keep safe.

Glad the local elections allow you to do mail in. Not sure if it is like that all years, but that was an option this year and taking advantage of it!

Oh, also, when Isabelle and I were out for our walk and we were on the front porch, an amazon delivery truck was on the street. I mean, I know Amazon is crazy popular, but it was so crazy to see how many delivers were being made! A house a couple before ours, my house, a couple after, and I believe I saw him coming out of the cul-de-sac at the far end of the street, haha. He was also loving life, it made me smile! The delivery guy was *blasting* dancey, rappy music and seemed in a good mood, probably enjoying the lovely, sunny weather, too, as the truck is open/windows down. He kindly left the packages at the bottom of the porch stairs for me as I didn't want to spook Isabelle by him coming up the stairs, although she is very brave and personable. She also saw the neighbors dog, who was out for a walk, and luckily they had him on his leash! Doggie didn't seem to notice Isabelle, or wasn't interested.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazon definitely knows us. Well; I think the Prime van only comes here once a week if at all. Ive seen it nearby; but not at our house. So I guess I should say; USPS knows us. And UPS. And FedEx. :lol2: Our mail lady is sweet. She waves if we pass her on a different street. Our old UPS guy did too but he retired.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had trial Prime memberships but I never kept them. I can get by cheaper by bundling my purchases so they are over $25 and you get truly free shipping. It also feels wasteful to have things being delivered a couple times a week. It would be nice if they offered a cheaper option where you could only get weekly delivery instead of the two day. Would save them delivery costs as well.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan has noticed that Ali looks different than he does. I was changing her and he gets all concerned and said " Penis gone! Where baby's penis go? She has boo-boo!"Cue me trying to explain that she's a girl so she doesn't have a penis. It's not missing, she just never had one. And she doesn't have a boo-boo. It's a vagina.

I was trying hard not to laugh.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be nice if they offered a cheaper option where you could only get weekly delivery instead of the two day. Would save them delivery costs as well.
They do have "Prime Day Delivery" and sometimes there is a perk; like a music cedit ir something. And they automatically group some of my orders. I just don't like it when they box cat food with other stuff. I've had things crushed that way.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out the last of the acorns I gathered last fall for the squirrels. Four or five squirrels going crazy grabbing nuts and running off to hide them. But there is one little guy just sitting there snacking while the nuts disappear around him. I am wondering whether he ever realizes he isn’t doing the squirrel thing right.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan has noticed that Ali looks different than he does. I was changing her and he gets all concerned and said " Penis gone! Where baby's penis go? She has boo-boo!"Cue me trying to explain that she's a girl so she doesn't have a penis. It's not missing, she just never had one. And she doesn't have a boo-boo. It's a vagina.

I was trying hard not to laugh.
My nephew suggested buying his sister one at Walmart. He's 15 now and we just won't let him forget it :lol: .

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be nice if they offered a cheaper option where you could only get weekly delivery
Amazon does what they call "Amazon Day" where you can pick one day a week for your orders to be delivered. It's nice if you make a lot of small orders so they all come at once. It's not cheaper though, of course not :tongue: .

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling so drained right now. J has napped a ton today (and slept good all last night), clearly worn out from grandparent attention. I hope that doesn't mean she's up a ton tonight, because I need the sleep.

These friends of my in-laws made J the cutest little present. It's a homemade board book and each page has a picture of her, my husband and I, all four grandparents, and even a page for Lelia and Sparkle! It's the absolute sweetest thing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeks that's a great sign for Aedan!! Let's hope so!! :banana1:

I nearly had one of my "fears" realized this weekend. My Dad and FIL are both headstrong and opinionated and have completely different political opinons. I've always said they wouldn't get along well; but they've only met once in the 19 1/2 years DH and i have been together and that was at our wedding 18 years ago. They live in different states; so it was almost more of an observation than a fear; but still it's something I've thought many times.

So yesterday my Dad sent my cousin's and I a couple political joke type memes on Facebook Messenger but I didn't think too much about it at the moment. At least I THINK that's what he thought he was doing. Because he sent them to a group chat from years ago that my mother, MIL and SIL were included in. Today I looked at it because it had a response and just before that it also said "FIL left the group". :oops: :doh: All I could do was laugh. Not because it's truly funny. But what else could I do!? :eek:

DH talked to his dad tonight and I'm kind of surprised he didn't mention it to DH! At least that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if FIL mentions it to me the next time we actually get to see him even if it's a year from now. He doesn't forget things. Neither does my dad to be honest. Neither are blatantly rude or anything; they just really like to share their opinion and know for a fact that they are right. We purposely don't talk politics or religion with FIL and barely with my dad because it makes our visits much nicer. But oy I am sure glad those two don't have to sit in the same room regularly! :lol2: It might not get ugly; but it might not be pretty either. They are so different yet so alike in some regards. I'm just glad I don't have to play peacemaker right now! :running:

Status
Not open for further replies.