The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fine. Nobody seems worried. They will be sweeping the building with bomb dogs shortly. It's a good thing I switched from Warrants to Property and Evidence though. Here in P&E, we have a bathroom and a fridge full of snacks/food so we are all set. Didn't have either in Warrants. :lol: As long as it's over by 1:30pm when I need to leave and we don't have to evacuate into the cold abyss, all is well.
Thank God.. you are ok.... and in a fairly safe space.... please be careful.. especially between now and for a week after the inauguration.. actually, everyday.. this is a crazed world...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God.. you are ok.... and in a fairly safe space.... please be careful.. especially between now and for a week after the inauguration.. actually, everyday.. this is a crazed world...
They went to the house where the calls came from. Both occupants said that there was nobody there with that phone #. But checking past calls, four 911 calls went out from that house/phone# on New Years so...????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They went to the house where the calls came from. Both occupants said that there was nobody there with that phone #. But checking past calls, four 911 calls went out from that house/phone# on New Years so...????
I wonder if, possibly, on a long shot; if someone could be "spoofing' their telephone number.. meaning address.... or someone has used their address for a telephone...

I have had that happen to me... and to others...
But, in this current world, I take nothing to chance...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're good. I'm rather angry at the moment. I'd ordered Aedan a Paw Patrol playset for his birthday from Walmart.com. This morning, they emailed me canceling the order. I opened a chat to ask why. They said the carrier can't deliver to my address for some reason. Um, what? I've ordered from Walmart before - most recently, about 2 weeks ago - and had no issues. I found the same set on Amazon, but it's from a 3rd party seller and not prime. Still free delivery and $20 less than Walmart, but it won't arrive until January 22. His birthday is Monday.

We also got him a piggy bank. Since I'm saving $20 on the playset, I think I'll go to Walmart and find him another little gift that he can open on his birthday. Stupid Walmart. On a brighter note, enjoy some cute pictures! 20210106_181047.jpg 20210106_153623.jpg 20210105_191330.jpg 20201231_124619.jpg 20201229_172345.jpg 20201229_172342.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We're good. I'm rather angry at the moment. I'd ordered Aedan a Paw Patrol playset for his birthday from Walmart.com. This morning, they emailed me canceling the order. I opened a chat to ask why. They said the carrier can't deliver to my address for some reason. Um, what? I've ordered from Walmart before - most recently, about 2 weeks ago - and had no issues. I found the same set on Amazon, but it's from a 3rd party seller and not prime. Still free delivery and $20 less than Walmart, but it won't arrive until January 22. His birthday is Monday.

We also got him a piggy bank. Since I'm saving $20 on the playset, I think I'll go to Walmart and find him another little gift that he can open on his birthday. Stupid Walmart. On a brighter note, enjoy some cute pictures!View attachment 365556View attachment 365557View attachment 365558View attachment 365559View attachment 365560View attachment 365561
so adorable!!! love the gray tutu!!💖

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wiggled my bum and swiveled my body in squiggles
That sounds like my bootyshaking exercises! Shake the hips from side to side like Shakira. Then kinda get in a sitting position, but still standing, swivel the booty around? It works great for tightening the upper thighs. And added bonus, my sore right leg feels better. :thumbsup:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slightly annoyed that Boone and Gracie only used one out of the 4 litter boxes this week. I normally buy 4 small bags of Fresh Step litter but the store only had 3 so I had to get Tidy Cat (which I don't like). So, guess which one they used??? The Tidy Cat one so the entire bottom is compacted pee because it never gets absorbed. Good thing it will get changed tomorrow.

I guess I should be glad because it looks like I will only have to clean one litter box instead of all 4.
Today was the day I got to clean litter boxes. Turned out they used 1 of 2 upstairs and 1 of 2 downstairs so it wasn't just the Tidy Cat one as I had suspected. But boy was that a mess. I hate Tidy Cat litter! By day 2, there was already so much wet litter at the bottom. So glad the store had 4 small bags of Fresh Step this time.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a migraine last night that may have slightly carried over throughout the night. Normally they are slept off and that is the only cure for me, so crossing my fingers the pain will stay at bay.

My thighs and some back/shoulder muscles had a kickbutt workout yesterday as it is very fun today lower on and off the toilet and lifting my arms in certain ways today, haha. Strengthening that muscle!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. Have you tried caffeine? Caffeine or sleep are my cures. Unfortunately, they're mutually exclusive.
Not really. Don't think there is any in the house as I don't normally drink caffeinated beverages. We'll see how it goes. Would be a good excuse to go pick up some Wendy's or something, right? Get some Dr. Pepper to try :cool2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I understand he was doing it to do whatever would help the client feel more at ease as many people prefer seeing a smile or other facial expression to feel more comfortable.
That's exactly it. My son works at a mental health hospital and it is critical to keep patients at ease. When you have an unstable patient and one of the workers comes in with their face covered, it can ignite a psychotic episode.
If you already are unstable and think the world is out to get you, then in comes someone with their face covered, it won't end well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Off for an early bath tonight. I'm babysitting. Thankfully, the little hooligans are almost certain to be asleep before I get there, and remain that way for the duration. That said, for some reason, they are in awe of me. Which is a good thing! I'll take my January Book Club read with me, and make more inroads in "Rebecca."

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to take Ali to the ER tonight. She was sitting on a blanket on the floor, lost her balance, and hit her head on the tile - she fell in such a way that she missed the blanket entirely. A big knot popped up right away. ER says she seems fine and to watch her closely. I guess I won't be sleeping much tonight!

20210109_171937.jpg I'm going to ATTEMPT to sleep later. Probably not til around midnight. The doctor to watch her closely til 9 or 10. I'm just afraid I'll be too worried to get to sleep. We have an owlet, which definitely helps my peace of mind, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.