The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W WillowMarie Those like response options are just as bad. My friend's father passed away and in my rush to respond I briefly left a laughing smiley!! I corrected it immediately but I was still worried she got a notification that I laughed!! Fortunately I've known her since high school so she would know I'd never actually laugh; but when your emotions are raw... I felt terrible!!
I see it is under the category of educational and STEM toys. :lol:
Oh of course it is! :flail: It is a good, sturdy toy. We've had it for a long time! I should probably tell you all that I actually approved the purchase. It was a Christmas gift from MIL. For a while I was fine with it but eventually I had it!

There are quite a few baby/preschool kids toys that the songs still play in my head over and over randomly. The ball popper and a princess CD player were particularly bad. I put duct tape over the speaker on a toy dump truck of DS's the first day he had it. He never noticed! :flail:Sometimes I walk around singing "A says A, and says AH, Every letter makes a sound, A says A and AH." :hmmm:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - I blame you for this email I got today.

View attachment 365167
Just wait! Amazon is constantly telling me to get myself a little something...then suggesting kids toys. :flail: Get yourself a little something...like a pack of Pampers! Get yourself a little something...a dump truck! Get yourself a little something...a Shopkins collectors case! :woohoo:

Fortunately they have realized most of the time that we are well beyond the Pampers stage. Today they started giving me suggestions for shopping for my __ year old. :crazy: I kind of miss when ToysRus would send birthday cards and coupons now though. I do get baby suggestions after shopping from a baby registry though. You'd think their systems would recognize that now.

A few times I've tried searching for things I want so they would start showing up as ads on DH's phone. It hasn't worked yet.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Thank you for sharing and making me day. Laughed out loud, for sure. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

my health insurance sucks ! i had to reschedule my mental health appt on account i didnt have a ride !
Bummer. :( No telehealth available for you? I know so many that are able to do video chats and phone calls during this time and not even given the option to come to the office for in-person. But maybe you have one that is not providing that option.

My friend was telling me she went with her spouse to his therapist and the therapist asked if she preferred him to take off his mask... she said no, but had the urge to jump out of the room, which I don't blame her! That would make me uncomfortable and wonder how many clients he takes off his mask for if it makes them feel more comfortable... Although I understand he was doing it to do whatever would help the client feel more at ease as many people prefer seeing a smile or other facial expression to feel more comfortable.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Thank you for sharing and making me day. Laughed out loud, for sure. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Bummer. :( No telehealth available for you? I know so many that are able to do video chats and phone calls during this time and not even given the option to come to the office for in-person. But maybe you have one that is not providing that option.

My friend was telling me she went with her spouse to his therapist and the therapist asked if she preferred him to take off his mask... she said no, but had the urge to jump out of the room, which I don't blame her! That would make me uncomfortable and wonder how many clients he takes off his mask for if it makes them feel more comfortable... Although I understand he was doing it to do whatever would help the client feel more at ease as many people prefer seeing a smile or other facial expression to feel more comfortable.
the company that was supposed to pick me up , bailed and i had to reschedule my appt

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wait! Amazon is constantly telling me to get myself a little something...then suggesting kids toys. :flail: Get yourself a little something...like a pack of Pampers! Get yourself a little something...a dump truck! Get yourself a little something...a Shopkins collectors case! :woohoo:

Fortunately they have realized most of the time that we are well beyond the Pampers stage. Today they started giving me suggestions for shopping for my __ year old. :crazy: I kind of miss when ToysRus would send birthday cards and coupons now though. I do get baby suggestions after shopping from a baby registry though. You'd think their systems would recognize that now.

A few times I've tried searching for things I want so they would start showing up as ads on DH's phone. It hasn't worked yet.
Sounds like you want another baby!! :hugs:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youngest has Driver's Ed several nights per week for the next month from 6-9pm. That means he needs to eat early so he won't be late for his class. That means I have to start cooking dinner around 4pm so he can eat and be done by 5:30pm. I will only be home an hour before I have to start dinner and that sucks!! :lol: But unlike last night, I don't have to attend with him so the rest of my evening (until I go to bed at 8pm) will be free.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever noticed that negative attitudes are catchy while positive are not? Or at least not as easily catchy. I decided i need a little break from a couple people who can't do anything but complain and whine. I've met some people who have really had it difficult but they don't act like that. I can't decide if it's habitual or they are looking for attention or both. I'm sure I'm not the only one they've driven away. The attention might feel nice at first; but it doesn't do anything for long term friendships.:sigh:
Sounds like you want another baby!! :hugs:
Only one I can borrow and snuggle and then give back!! :lol: I'm reaaaallllly fond of sleeping. And it's very pleasant to be beyond wiping butts. :crazy: I googled and I'm well into the advanced maternal age category now. (Although I did have a friend have a baby at 43 a couple years ago...) One of my cousin's and another cousin's daughter had babies 2 weeks apart in fall of 19; I've not met either baby thanks to covid! I just see them on Facebook and wish! The cousin's daughter was my buddy when she was a baby and toddler. I'm only 11 years older than her so I had all that teenage energy to play with her and her brother. They were so fun! It pains me not to be able to be close to her baby now.

One local old friend is due with her first in a few months. I suspect it was not an easy road to pregnancy so I'm beyond THRILLED for them. I don't expect to get to meet that baby any time soon either though. :lol: I'm just super happy to see her getting to become a mother finally. :hearthrob:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever noticed that negative attitudes are catchy while positive are not? Or at least not as easily catchy. I decided i need a little break from a couple people who can't do anything but complain and whine. I've met some people who have really had it difficult but they don't act like that. I can't decide if it's habitual or they are looking for attention or both. I'm sure I'm not the only one they've driven away. The attention might feel nice at first; but it doesn't do anything for long term friendships.:sigh:
[/QUOTE
I fell 'ya] :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only one I can borrow and snuggle and then give back!! :lol: I'm reaaaallllly fond of sleeping. And it's very pleasant to be beyond wiping butts. :crazy: I googled and I'm well into the advanced maternal age category now. (Although I did have a friend have a baby at 43 a couple years ago...) One of my cousin's and another cousin's daughter had babies 2 weeks apart in fall of 19; I've not met either baby thanks to covid! I just see them on Facebook and wish! The cousin's daughter was my buddy when she was a baby and toddler. I'm only 11 years older than her so I had all that teenage energy to play with her and her brother. They were so fun! It pains me not to be able to be close to her baby now.

One local old friend is due with her first in a few months. I suspect it was not an easy road to pregnancy so I'm beyond THRILLED for them. I don't expect to get to meet that baby any time soon either though. :lol: I'm just super happy to see her getting to become a mother finally. :hearthrob:
Thankfully my providers didn't give me too much grief about the advanced maternal age thing! Basically it just meant my insurance covered my NIPT and then starting at 36 weeks I had to be hooked up to the monitors at my appointments. But I wasn't treated like that made me super high risk overall, which I appreciated.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully my providers didn't give me too much grief about the advanced maternal age thing! Basically it just meant my insurance covered my NIPT and then starting at 36 weeks I had to be hooked up to the monitors at my appointments. But I wasn't treated like that made me super high risk overall, which I appreciated.
It seems to me like more women are having babies in their late 30s and early 40s lately.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Still testing my new Wyze Cam V3 and I will say I love how starlight sensor. Now I can see the raccoons come and while most I don't mind there are 2 that are bullies (I think Stephen King made them human and wrote about them in his books) that torment all living creatures, including the parents. I just usually sing to them and that scares them off lol

Status
Not open for further replies.