The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to pull one over on my baby. Giving her cereal out of my bowl so she thinks we're eating the same thing, while I'm going to enjoy some sugary Halloween goodness. Because I'm pretty bored with "Organic Toasted O's", especially as I don't have plant milk right now, only fancy creamers.

1003210931.jpg

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since nothing has been done in regards to that little girl and CPS, I just called her town's police department. I was told that they'll send someone out and get back to me.

I can only hope something actually happens this time, because as far as I know she isn't being outright abused, so I don't know if the officer will pick up on anything :(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, there's a lot of shitty parenting that doesn't cross the line into abuse, and nothing can be done about it.

If J is teething, I wish they'd cut through already. She's been fussy these past few days, nursing more often, and barely eating solid foods. If it's something else, like not feeling well...I just really wish she could tell me what's wrong.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there *are* some signs of neglect that I *think* should be obvious. Her teeth are already spaced out and filled with cavities at 7, her speech disorder has never been dealt with, and her family never buys her clothing that fits-the thinking there being that they'll last her quite a few years, so her clothing is either too big or too small.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, that probably isn't enough. Some kids just have bad teeth regardless of what they eat, and if the cavities are filled, they've gone to the dentist and did their part (if there are no fillings and the teeth are just full of holes, that may be different). A parent can refuse special education services for a child for any reason, something I learned as a teacher, and families living in poverty don't always have correctly fitting clothes for their children.

Don't get me wrong, I agree this lady is an absolutely terrible parent, especially if there are no financial issues, but based on what I had to call for as a mandated reporter and what DCFS deals with, this is probably not going to hit the threshold of abuse that would get intervention.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you ever stand up and bang your head really really hard on something? Did you ever do it twice in one day? Yup, I did. This morning I was getting something out of the closet and smacked the left side of my head on a shelf on the door. And a few minutes ago I was loading the dishwasher and forgot the the door on the cupboard was still open. Stood up and hit the door hard on the right side of my head. Now my headache is equally balanced and I am going to sit quietly for the rest of the night.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Did you ever stand up and bang your head really really hard on something? Did you ever do it twice in one day? Yup, I did. This morning I was getting something out of the closet and smacked the left side of my head on a shelf on the door. And a few minutes ago I was loading the dishwasher and forgot the the door on the cupboard was still open. Stood up and hit the door hard on the right side of my head. Now my headache is equally balanced and I am going to sit quietly for the rest of the night.
Be careful. A friend of mine did exactly that same thing, and not to alarm you, but he ended up in the hospital with a serious brain injury. Had to have surgery. His wife realized he was garbling his speech, and she rushed him right off to the ER. Do you live with someone or have someone who can check in with you? Seriously, he simply stood up and whacked his head on the cabinet.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful. A friend of mine did exactly that same thing, and not to alarm you, but he ended up in the hospital with a serious brain injury. Had to have surgery. His wife realized he was garbling his speech, and she rushed him right off to the ER. Do you live with someone or have someone who can check in with you? Seriously, he simply stood up and whacked his head on the cabinet.
Yeah, I live alone but I did talk on the phone with my son a short while ago . Maybe I will have him call me later too. Thanks

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH is tall and routinely knocks his head on stuff at work. He actually bought himself a hard hat for when he's working around the woodshed out back. :disappointed: He'll come home with a scab on his head and no one bats an eye anymore. He rolled out of bed and hit the night stand when we were newlyweds. That one ended us up at the ER because he said his head hurt. We upgraded from a full to a queen bed after that.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like something I would do.

The church down the street had a blessing of the pets today, so I put Lelia in the sleepypod and J in the stroller, and we walked down and got Lelia blessed (I figured she'd bring back the blessings for Sparkle and Myrtle, but one animal and a stroller was all I was managing!). We met a Scottish fold kitty and a bunny rabbit and saw a lot of dogs, and J seemed to enjoy herself.

I remembered about a half hour ago today was her "in and out" day. I was 39 weeks, 5 days pregnant when she was born, and she's 39 weeks and 5 days old today. I took some pictures while she was already sleeping, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.