The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:rolleyes:beetrayed by a spider the other night i got bit while sleepng and my arm is all swollen and itchy there nowtime to start having the bug guy spray around out side
God is an iron. (if a glutton commits gluttony, and a felon commits felony, then for you to be bitten by a spider, GOD IS AN IRON!)

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:
God is an iron. (if a glutton commits gluttony, and a felon commits felony, then for you to be bitten by a spider, GOD IS AN IRON!)
but i would have let the spider go out side :rolleyes:after keeping it for a day or two to find a mate since most spiders that are wandering around are matured males looking to find a mate

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got a call from our vet's office. The appointment we had, scheduled for Monday, has been cancelled due to the sudden retirement of our vet. They are trying to get other vets in to cover, but it's all up in the air for now. With all the state-imposed covid restrictions, people are getting angry, and they take it out on the staff, and some of them are throwing up their hands and walking away. There is another, larger practice in the region having the same problem with staffing, and for the same reason. It is fortunate that our appointment was just for routine physicals, and not something serious. There are 3 other vet offices within 10 miles of us, but whether they are taking new patients is an open question. I would hate to have to change, as we have been going to our current vet for almost 15 years now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:lol:

but i would have let the spider go out side :rolleyes:after keeping it for a day or two to find a mate since most spiders that are wandering around are matured males looking to find a mate
Whereas I would have smushed him without compunction. I have 4 too few legs/arms, and 6 too few eyes, and no patience for long-leggedity beasties of the arachnid persuasion...not to mention that pesky phobia. It MIGHT be different if I could trap the little beggar and call a TNR group. However, that not being possible, smushing it is.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the 24/7 chat option blows. I reached out this morning because Gracie is still having random bouts of diarrhea. Got a vet tech which wasn't surprising but he basically said he can't give out medical advice over chat and to call my vet's office. Umm... then what is this chat option for if not for medical advice when you can't speak to your vet??? I'm not saying I expected it to be a full on medical diagnosis but to get some clarity and temporary help until I could speak to a vet. :ohwell:
The chat line must notify the vet office when you reach out because I got a phone call yesterday asking about it. I missed the call and called this morning so just now waiting for a return call.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive did not like gizzards, but she loved chicken necks and wings. I think it’s so fun to give her them!
:lol:i ended up getting scared graycie is a slow eater and i didnt want to leave out raw food out that long in this heat so i ended up dumping it all and the canned i mixed with it gonna just dice it all freeze dry em and keep a few to boil and chop for her to try out

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some original goldfish to start the half step of the dairy ladder with J tomorrow. I've spent six months avoiding dairy in all shapes and forms to avoid hurting her gut, and it feels weird to be giving her a little tiny bit to see if she's outgrown it at all.

I feel like it's too much to hope for to get through the whole thing in one go, but if we could pass baked milk or maybe even butter, it would open up so much.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:i ended up getting scared graycie is a slow eater and i didnt want to leave out raw food out that long in this heat so i ended up dumping it all and the canned i mixed with it gonna just dice it all freeze dry em and keep a few to boil and chop for her to try out
Olive had been recently transitioned from an outdoor stray at the time, so she was quite used to hunting and eating raw meat. She ate the chicken necks pretty fast, so it wasn't too big of a concern over time and temperature. She had a little trouble with the skin on the wings but she did like them.

I don't know that she would go for it now since it's been years since she ate anything raw. I just remember looking up the kitty Heimlich in case she choked (although it never ended up being an issue).

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I was walking across the living room this evening and saw something skittering across the floor. What. The. Heck. Is. THAT!! It was a little lizard. Skinny with teeny tiny feet. Kinda cute but, hey, no house lizards allowed.

I ran back to the kitchen and grabbed a plastic container. I got back in time to see it disappear under a chair. I yelled for my husband and had him tip the chair backwards. Lizzie was just sitting there so I plopped the container over it then slid a piece of cardboard underneath so I could lift it without it escaping. It’s now down in the ravine where I turned loose the black widow spider I caught a couple of months ago.

And where were the cats you ask? Snoring away on the sofa thankfully.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Tarantulas are kind of cool, but I’ve reached my caretaking limit with a husband and three cats. :lol:
I hear ya! After two cats, a husband, 15 chickens and a land shark - I mean golden retriever puppy - and an incoming baby, I’m really glad my husband gave up on his idea to raise cows this year.

Although I will say we are enjoying the level of caretaking livestock has. They feed and water themselves pretty well and while we have egg collection, the occasional broody and some pecking injuries to care for they are so self sufficient compared to our cats who we have to convince to eat breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.