The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His legs kind of make a heart! šŸ–¤šŸ˜
My husband's mom and grandmother were pregnant at the same time. His mom lost her baby while the grandmother did not.
My great aunt and great grandmother were pregnant at the same time. I donā€™t know at what age though. It could easily be only 20 years between them with my great grandma being 40ish.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His legs kind of make a heart! šŸ–¤šŸ˜

My great aunt and great grandmother were pregnant at the same time. I donā€™t know at what age though. It could easily be only 20 years between them with my great grandma being 40ish.
Yes, I saw that. Would love to take him in but Gracie would go nuts. They literally jump at each other through the sliding glass door and if Gracie isn't around when this cat shows up, Boone jumps at him. If Gracie is around, Boone just sits and watches all the action.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
An early morning emergency trip to the dementia aunties house. She was just frantic because her phone ā€œdidnā€™t workā€ and was threatening to call 911 . Turns out she had found a 1970ā€™s era princess phone somewhere in her house and plugged the base into the phone jack. Problem was she never connected the handset, so the phone couldnā€™t be hung up and the line remained busy.

As I was fiddling with this nearly antique phone I has to untangle the cord, holding it so the hand set hung down and letting it twirl until it all untwisted. This was something you had to do regularly with corded phones and I wondered how many years it had been since I last had to do this. 20 maybe? Anyone take a guess when the last time was for them?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wondered how many years it had been since I last had to do this. 20 maybe? Anyone take a guess when the last time was for them?
Oh, about two years for me. I had a "Caption Call" phone due to my poor hearing. No one ever used it except my doctors. When I got my hearing aids, and they actually Blue Toothed so successfully to my cell phone, I packed the Caption Call up and sent it back to be refurbished for someone else with severe hearing loss.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
As I was fiddling with this nearly antique phone I has to untangle the cord, holding it so the hand set hung down and letting it twirl until it all untwisted. This was something you had to do regularly with corded phones and I wondered how many years it had been since I last had to do this. 20 maybe? Anyone take a guess when the last time was for them?
I actually still have two corded phones, one downstairs and one upstairs. Yes, I still have a landline. :lol: The corded ones are the only ones that will work in a power outage. I never actually use either of those phones on a regular basis.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youngest started his Senior year of HS today! :cheerleader: He is a very quiet and reserved kid so no point in asking later how it went. Will just get the standard, "Good" or "Fine" response. :ohwell: I also found out that when my oldest (20) didn't come home the other night, he wasn't at a friend's house as assumed. In fact, he wasn't even in Maryland! He and his friend were in Delaware unloading huge cell phone tower batteries overnight. His friend needed help and asked my son. Him always being up for a new adventure, he said yes and off they went.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sparkle jumped in the pack n play via the window seat and now I think we can't get out (or doesn't want to yet), so we're engaging in baby desensitization training, lol.
View attachment 393830
You thought this was yours, little human but I have claimed it and now it is MINE! :kneading:

It's good that J is learning the way of cats at an early age. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the thousands of people who pee and poop in the ocean every day I've not been swimming for years. It's just nasty.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Solved the mystery of why Willow has been eating less lately. I was worried it was stress over having Lola in the house. While they did well initially there have been several hissing and slapping incidents and I have kept them separated. But tonight I happened to check the video cam that I have set up to capture any interactions between the two at the gate to Lolaā€™s room and there was Willow, reaching under the door for Lolaā€™s bowl, pulling it out and then finishing off her dinner. Lola is still transitioning from kibble to wet so she is getting plenty to eat, but I need to start moving her wet food further in.

31766E8E-CCC3-45FB-9DAF-DF784EF8377E.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.